What's new

Azad Kashmir Introgression and Line Breeding.

exoticrobotic

I think you need to get to know a line before you know how to treat her, so a few years was spent just growing out as many siblings as possible.
(y)
The mom I kept had this minty chocolate orange, eucalyptus and lemon, gassy menthol sharpness.

That sounds absolutely amazing, nice Red Seal/Pakistani hash notes.

Can i ask you a couple of questions? You obviously have been growing for many years.

From your photos. I dont think i've seen better grown plants.

What do you feed your plants indoors and outdoors brother and what camera do you use to capture such amazingly beautiful shots?

🙏

Last edited:

Digger102

For this run? I have not even considered it.

I’m of the school of thought that in order to produce a population with a strong genetic fitness, you have to leave all of the unimportant genes as variable as possible. The most obvious example is if you’re selling your seeds as Blueberry, the smells and tastes are gunna be make-or-break traits. Instead of keeping the one plant that smells the most blueberry, use all of the plants that smell like blueberry and remove only the ones that don’t. The idea is when you move the population to a different environment or run into a new pathogen the plants have the greatest chance of adapting, because we haven’t been unnecessarily removing alleles.

If the parents were polyhybrids or if this was a different F-generation it would be a totally different story. Because both parents are relatively consistent lines the seven female testers outdoors are all remarkably similar. You could mix all of the buds up and pick out a single pound with no way of knowing which bud came from which plant.

The F2 and F3 generations will be a major hunt, tho. I’ll probably reverse the best F2s and make full-sibling femme F3s.

Man, I owe you an apology asking a question that led to you typing that detailed response. I completely forgot these are the seeds made from when you introduced the alien line, I asked that question thinking it was still just Azad’s. Sorry about that!

Diggy_Soze

What do you feed your plants indoors and outdoors brother and what camera do you use to capture such amazingly beautiful shots?
Been using Jacks Citrus as a stand-alone nutrient. It’s pretty on point.
My soil mix is based on the same old organic Coots recipe that’s been floating around forever. It’s not exact, but pretty close. I’ll go into detail next time I mix up a batch of soil, and tag you.

Man, I owe you an apology
lol. Don’t stress it.

To be fair the same question would apply to the purebred Kashmir. Last year I gave a buddy a dozen females and a dozen males, and he let the bees and the wind take over from there. If you get Azad Kashmir seeds from TLT, it’s from that random open pollination.

I’ve done two or three male selections and 1:1 full-sibling pairings with the Azad kashmir, but I’ve not found the perfect male, yet. I thought I found him year before last, but his babies weren’t better than their mom, so the rules say I gotta go back a generation and do it over again.

Diggy_Soze

(y)

That sounds absolutely amazing, nice Red Seal/Pakistani hash notes.

Can i ask you a couple of questions? You obviously have been growing for many years.

From your photos. I dont think i've seen better grown plants.

🙏
Oh yeah, and the camera for each of these shots is either an iPhone SE (gen 2) or a bootleg Canon EOST100.
Honestly, I would not suggest anyone get this specific Canon camera. I don’t know shit about photography, tho, so there’s probably people who wouldn’t struggle with it as much as I do.

Hiddenjems

I
TLDR: Circa 2019 I got some Azad Kashmir seeds. 🥳

I think you need to get to know a line before you know how to treat her, so a few years was spent just growing out as many siblings as possible.
View attachment 18884487
View attachment 18884481
Her colors don’t really fade to purple.
She’s more into pinks, coppers, and gold.

View attachment 18884496
View attachment 18884502 View attachment 18884503
Very first run I fell head over heels.
The mom I kept had this minty chocolate orange, eucalyptus and lemon, gassy menthol sharpness. It was the kind of chemical engine exhaust odor where your brain just says “I should not be breathing this in.”
That top level is fleeting, tho. It would evaporate off during curing and leave behind a pure pink bubblegum aroma.

View attachment 18884494
2021 Outdoor
2021 indoor;
View attachment 18884485
She has a strong ‘up’ high I call hiking weed, and a harvest window you could drive a truck through. Slender leaves with a heavy serration, and an ‘open’ bud structure that gets them through 60 days of 90% humidity without budrot. 😅🍻😂

She is a line famous for her hashish, so she needed a pairing that could keep pace. Something sexually stable, short-flowering, frosty, and inbred.
I chose the Starfighter from Alien Genetics.
2022 outdoor.

View attachment 18884504
View attachment 18884505
I’m limited to ten pictures, so I’ll pause here, for now.
Thank you for stopping by. Fuck you, and fuck your mother.
View attachment 18884501
If you want to keep the terps that disappear during curing, don’t cure the weed. Wet trim it as well as humanly possible, then dry it just a little too much. Make sure to keep the whole drying process under 70*.

In my opinion curing is for bringing out hard to find smells in already weak smelling herb. I have yet to see a straight gas or road kill skunk get better from curing. Curing lessens the loud terps and brings up the hidden stuff.

I get it, some people just can’t live without “Hints of leather and a faint chocolate “. I want to gag from straight gasoline or skunk flavor that’s so strong you can’t taste anything else.

Digger102

Been using Jacks Citrus as a stand-alone nutrient. It’s pretty on point.
My soil mix is based on the same old organic Coots recipe that’s been floating around forever. It’s not exact, but pretty close. I’ll go into detail next time I mix up a batch of soil, and tag you.

lol. Don’t stress it.

To be fair the same question would apply to the purebred Kashmir. Last year I gave a buddy a dozen females and a dozen males, and he let the bees and the wind take over from there. If you get Azad Kashmir seeds from TLT, it’s from that random open pollination.

I’ve done two or three male selections and 1:1 full-sibling pairings with the Azad kashmir, but I’ve not found the perfect male, yet. I thought I found him year before last, but his babies weren’t better than their mom, so the rules say I gotta go back a generation and do it over again.
Thanks! I have a few to look through myself.

Diggy_Soze

Make sure to keep the whole drying process under 70*.
Yeah, this bastard right here. Until I get stronger control over the environment my winter harvests are always just a notch better.
6202CD97-5426-4A3D-8205-16E98AD87465.jpeg

C7E7052B-FFD0-4FA3-A85C-BC2C4FC60769.jpeg

B3E44849-AD00-4011-BD24-D649828940D9.jpeg

FA65A310-3611-4455-BD09-D88F1DDF8800.jpeg

No glue, just three crimps and it’s secure. There’s a moisture-resistant coat on the inside of the straws, so the pollen’s gotta be fully dried. Little paper tape flag for a label and you’re Coogi.

Diggy_Soze

If you want to keep the terps that disappear during curing, don’t cure the weed. Wet trim it as well as humanly possible, then dry it just a little too much. Make sure to keep the whole drying process under 70*.
I don’t know why I oversimplified my problem to just temperature. Maybe I was short on time.

So temperature’s really just a complicating factor, my main problem in summer’s the humidity always wants to equilibrate upwards, above 70%.
This is the incoming air for the month of July. Average RH 85% and lowest recorded RH was two days of ~65% 😅
9B9D02EB-D05F-4D77-AD0F-E49F482A4695.jpeg

I double-team the dehuey with the AC, but all the equipment is old school. No automation to fine tune.

In the winter the weed just dries. There’s nothing to think about, no Mother Nature fighting you. It just happens. Lmfao.

And to your point on curing; Jungle Boys make the same case. Terpenes start at a maximum absolute value, and they only go down from there. The change in smell is all those terps that you lost over time.

7E79F29D-CAD9-42EB-9B25-EC0188F3E09D.jpeg

069DCE9D-CF3D-414F-912F-F0650B4418A8.jpeg

Pollinated secondaries on Day 35.
I really like the paper straws. You can hold em in one hand and spin em like a concrete mixer, back and forth, to control the flow pretty precisely.

07E2893A-D730-434B-9449-FEA3DAFC99F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Diggy_Soze

Anyone seen data on yield or quality change in grafting of cannabis? I would go the tomato route of grafting whole seedlings onto new rootstocks, rather than parafilming clones to new moms.

The chimeras would need to be tested against the normal seedlings to establish that they’re even worth the effort, but there might be some real benefits to the right combinations of genetics. I have to imagine, for better or worse, a 20 week sativa will have noticeable effects on an 8-10 week line.

F8D9A0F5-7659-4890-A373-649F26B02DE3.jpeg

Flower on a fan leaf;Day 37/38
078C3C64-CDC6-48D5-9BDF-3B00511D7453.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

TLDR: Circa 2019 I got some Azad Kashmir seeds. 🥳

Thank you for stopping by. Fuck you, and fuck your mother.
Somebody showing that amount of patience for several years is quite rare these days. Of course, some of us take it to the extreme and go for decades.

And you're welcome, I'm glad I stopped by! Personally, I prefer, " Fuck you you fucking fuck!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyone seen data on yield or quality change in grafting of cannabis? I would go the tomato route of grafting whole seedlings onto new rootstocks, rather than parafilming clones to new moms.

The chimeras would need to be tested against the normal seedlings to establish that they’re even worth the effort, but there might be some real benefits to the right combinations of genetics. I have to imagine, for better or worse, a 20 week sativa will have noticeable effects on an 8-10 week line.

View attachment 18908450
Flower on a fan leaf;Day 37/38
View attachment 18908451
I have seen a few abnormalities on Himalayan genetics. Heard the flower on the leaf originated with Chinese genetics. Do you have any info on it?

albertgriffiths

I would go the tomato route of grafting whole seedlings onto new rootstocks, rather than parafilming clones to new moms.
I totally agree with that.
However, I don't think there would be much to expect in terms of flower quality. Apple strains don't taste different depending on the rootstock. Nor do tomatoes.
But it could help with nutrient uptake, general size of the plant, and drought resistance.

One of my plans for *when I have time for it* would be to open pollinate a drought-resistant plant (Ace's Lebanese? Morrocan Beldia? Sinai?), and use it simply as rootstock for selected clones, outdoor guerilla growing without human watering. And see how it performs.