What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AZ Timetable for MMJ Registration

BuncleBill

The department of health is suppose to post, purposed regulations, on December 17. Then we the people can respond with our ideas. Below is the time table.

Timetable for the Introduction of Medical Marijuana Registration in Arizona

* December 17, 2010: ADHS posts an initial informal draft of the Rules
* December 17, 2010 – January 7, 2011: ADHS receives informal (electronic) public comment on the initial informal draft rules
* January 31, 2011: ADHS posts official draft Rules for public comment
* January 31, 2011 – February 18, 2011: ADHS receive public comment on a revised draft of the Rules
* February 15 – 17, 2011: ADHS holds 3 public meetings about the draft Rules:
o Phoenix: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm, 250 N 17th Ave
o Tucson: Wednesday, February, 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm, 400 W. Congress, Room 222
o Phoenix: Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm, 250 N 17th Ave
* March 28, 2011: ADHS publishes the final Rules that will be used to implement the Act
* April 2011: ADHS begins to accept applications for registry identification cards and for dispensary certificates

soniq

Interested to see what these draft regulations contain.....

....watching closely from Chandler

MF Grimm

I'm getting my affirmative defense recommendation from Dr. Suter at Arizona Comfort Care in a couple weeks.

hazy

Veteran
here's a link to a pdf of the proposed rules

here's a link to a pdf of the proposed rules

http://www.azdhs.gov/prop203/documents/Medical-Marijuana-Draft-Rules.pdf

Click here for FAQS on the new rules

It hits the highlights and is a lot better than wading through the whole long set of rules. Smile, all your bud selling and growing is to be done in sight of remote access(web cams) cameras, that the Health Services dept can access anytime.

Looks a lot like the new rules Colorado just got. Dispensaries have to grow 70% and stuff like that.
Also two year residency requirements for setting up a dispensary to keep out the 'out of staters'(meaning guys from Cali) I guess.

There's also a public comment form on the azdhs website. They are taking comments for a few weeks. I started going through the rules and preparing my comments and questions.

Here's the question that I'm not sure if I should even bring up:

How are caregivers and dispensaries supposed to acquire first seeds and clones? Seems to be left grey because they know they have to come from illegal sources and want to go ahead and get the program going anyway?

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
Don't forget.

Public comments are being taken until the 7th of Jan.

Read the proposed rules, and if you think that something should be changed tell them so on the comments page at the AZDHS website. But think it through and propose the language for the change and it will have a much more likely chance of being used.

Also, you may notice that there are very few rules concerning caregivers. That is because the law does not allow them to do so like it does for dispensaries. ;)

edit:
sh1wn~ patient cards are going to be 150, caregivers 200. and dispensaries 5000. Oh and dispensary agents for 200.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
~MF Grimm
I guess I mean that dispensaries have a lot of rules like having to check the state database before a sale, and having cameras record the sales, and the grow and chop. Of course lots of record keeping requirements.

Caregivers have none of these rules. Of course a cg does not need to check cards, because he can only sell to 5 people. But you could operate very much under the radar, staying within the law of course, but without having big brother looking over your shoulder.

Or, you could form a LLC with some other caregivers and rent a space big enough to do a big grow. Sell the excess your patients don't buy to the dispensaries?

What's this in the law and rules about a dispensary being able to get 30% of their inventory from patients, caregivers and other dispensaries, but not being allowed to pay them for the weed?

I don't get it, can anybody help with this question. They ain't getting my buds for free!!