What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflowers at 12/12. Yield?

Hi all. I'm quite experienced with autos but never saw this answered >> Is finising autoflowering plants on 12/12 very detrimental to yield?

Most of my plants are normal photoperiod plants and the flowering area has to stay at 12/12 or less.

After the plants have started flowering am I better of finishing the Auto Kushes under the smaller veg light at 20/4 or is 12/12 under the bigger light a better option in terms of yield?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Are you hitting your DLI?

I wouldn't know a DLI if I fell over one, but I'm sure it's important here.

I have no idea what a DLI is so I doubt I'm hitting it. :biggrin:

I'm using a 250w CFL for vegging and a 300w LED for flowering. I think the flowering room has at least twice the lumens that the CFL side has.

Am I missing out on yield if I switch now? (Two to one week from first signs of flowering) Or is it marginal?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
More lights more buds, less lights less buds. It also shortens the flowering period so you loose much more flowers. This way you decrease the yield to part of the pontential harvest.

More lights more buds, less lights less buds. It also shortens the flowering period so you loose much more flowers. This way you decrease the yield to part of the pontential harvest.

Shouldn't that give autoflowering plants a massive yield advantage over all the 12/12 varieties? They receive almost 2x the light hours after all.

Maybe there's a genetic sweet spot for flower production that is closer to 12 hours than it is to 24 hours in both types of strains?

Are you hitting your DLI?

I wouldn't know a DLI if I fell over one, but I'm sure it's important here.

Sick plants tap out. I see lots of people dimming their leds... Biden era American..

In the deficiency trials it's very obvious healthy plants have no light limit.