What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto x regular

Does anybody have any experience with seeds that are just part auto . Like you cross your auto with a normal male . Would they just start flowering a bit earlier? Like I’m guessing ?I’m thinking living in Michigan it would be cool to have a plant that would just start flowering early but not as soon as it sprouts like traditional autos.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Does anybody have any experience with seeds that are just part auto . Like you cross your auto with a normal male . Would they just start flowering a bit earlier? Like I’m guessing ?I’m thinking living in Michigan it would be cool to have a plant that would just start flowering early but not as soon as it sprouts like traditional autos.
When you cross an auto with a photo the offspring will be like one of the parents. It takes many times to split the two into one. Say you harvest 100 seeds. You will get some like the photo and some like the auto but not a mix of both on one plant. It can take years to blend two strains into one.

When you cross an auto with a photo the offspring will be like one of the parents. It takes many times to split the two into one. Say you harvest 100 seeds. You will get some like the photo and some like the auto but not a mix of both on one plant. It can take years to blend two strains into one.
Ok that makes sense , Thank you

goingrey

Yes this is exactly the case. Some breeders sell this kind of hybrid with the moniker "fast".

cbotany

I had a two or three regular x autos this year that where ready around September, amazing plants, very small buds, with almost a finola style bud structure. I also had acer x autoducks, they where odd, some may have re vegged under 24/0 but most acted as extremely photo sensitive or full autos, I'm waiting to get more space to actually go through the seeds, genetics are really a toss up alot of the times and thats the fun of breeding! More than likely you're going to end up with anything from a more photo sensitive plant (flowers more more eagerly at light changes) sometimes called a "super auto", or a plant that is quicker than the photo parent "fast", but like creeper said, it can take years to fully wrap genetics in, and each plant is FULLY unique if the cross is distinct enough.

CannaZen

i dont know what sort of genealogy may be involved until actually trying that kind of cross what would happen. i really enjoyed my outdoor autos but they were larger and took longer than i think the parents of one side of its heritage, so i can tell you some autos take longer/grow larger before flowering than others, even if they'd began flower beginning of august.

the regular seedline i used to cross pollinate that i had were smaller plants in small containers and so smaller.. they flowered and finished earlier. i dont know whether they'd been in the ground they'd take longer than they did to begin and finish.

Last edited: