What's new

Auto Hindu kush under LED's

R

.research

Finally ready to start growing again... I've been registering as a med patient for the last few years and have gotten my herb for free but my farmer decided to start growing for recreation only so I'm on my own now.. Im down to my last 2 ounces so I need a harvest fast and have chosen some autos to help replenish my stash.

I've got 3 Auto Hindu Kush seeds from Southern Oregon Seeds, that I started a few days ago all of which have a root tip and were transferred to pots yesterday. I'm using subcools super soil recipe which should be done "cooking" next week. The plants will be under a 200w California Lightworks SolarFlare, in a 30"x30" grow box. I'm debating adding a couple of cfl's as well.

R

.research

Notes so far:
09/13/17
Mixed the following and left it wrapped in a tarp:

2 1.5cuFt bags of Ocean Forest
1 3cuFt bag of Happy Frog Soil Conditioner
20qts. Worm Castings
2.5Lbs Bone Meal
2.2Lbs Bloom Guano
2.5Lbs Blood Meal
1/4cup Azomite
1Tbsp Humic Acid
1cuFt perlite
1/4cup beneficials
1/8cup dolomite lime
1/8cup epsom salt

09/16/17
The tarp is becoming loose and rain is expected 09/18/17 - 09/21/17 so I need to tighten that up as well as add more nutrients to the pile.
Here are my approximate values:

1/4cup Epsom Salt
1/4cup Dolomite Lime
1.5Lbs Rock Phosphate
1cuFt Sphagnum Peat Moss

09/21/17
Refolded the tarp so it is sealed now. On the soils surface was a very fine white stringy growth which I assume is mycelium. I also mixed in an additional:

1Tbsp Humic acid
1/4cup beneficials

By mixing I broke apart the mycelium.

09/27/17
Went out and checked on the soil and its looking good. I didn't disturb it or add anything. No mycelium was visible this time.

R

.research

ahh... shit... thats my log for the compost.... cant edit until some number of posts....
here we go

09/27/17 [2200]
Placed 3 Auto Hindu Kush seeds into a damp paper towel folded over so that 4 layers of paper on either side of the seeds. The water was from the tap but treated with a carbon filter to remove chlorine. Room temperature fluctuates between 60 and 68 degrees depending on night and day.

09/28/17 [1300]
Dampened paper towel, no progress yet.

09/29/17 [1200]
Dampened paper towel, still nothing. Perhaps more swollen than yesterday but I might just be over hopeful. One looks as though it might be about to split apart.

09/30/17 [0025]
1 has a root approximately 2mm long curling around the seed. 1 has a root thats straight and approximately 1mm. 1 has a root just starting to poke out of the seed <1mm. The 3 seeds have been transferred over to 3" pots with
10% supersoil mixture
60% sphagnum peat moss
30% perlite
Approximately 10 grains of the beneficial innoculant was added to each seed hole as well.
Seed 1 had the smallest root and seed 3 the largest.
all seeds were planted between .5 and .75" below the surface hopefully we'll see some leaves pretty soon.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Clearly you remember what you are doing. I was going to warn you about the hot soil, but I saw you already cut it!

:lurk:

R

.research

2 of the 3 seeds have reached the surface as of last night. For the time being they are sitting on a desk with a light over them. Hopefully should have the grow chamber done in a day or 2. Light is between 20k on 25k lumens according to the cheapo light meter I have, its hung about 14 inches above the plants.

reading 10x

reading 100x

R

.research

Goddamnit.... just went back into my room and found the light off...
there was a piece of wood stuck in the fan grill that was stopping the fan from spinning and the whole light shut down.. so hopefully it'll cool down and restart but i have a feeling i just cooked the damn light!! either way ive got to work and will try to hook up the light again tonight or maybe disassemble and see what i can figure. damnit!

R

.research

The light is working fine, looks like it had a safety cut off. Basically the light has been on 16 hours a day, water the plants once in the morning to about 10% runoff. All 3 plants have surfaced and are working on their first set of true leaves.

#3 popped up first but #1 overtook it within a day and #2 was planted a lil too deep I think which is what cause it to be about 24hours behind the others.

If anyone has any thoughts on light intensity I'm all ears... Pics tonight