What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Freebies, figured why not play with em.

Cactus Squatter

Earlier this year I received a handful of auto flower seeds from Multiverse beans as freebies. My only experience with autos previously was smoking some of the most god awful headache inducing garbage a friend grew years ago when autos were first starting to come out. Due to that experience I’ve just stuck to photoperiod plants and mainly 100% sativas.

Then I saw a bunch of everyone’s pics and smoke reports of some killer looking/sounding smoke, received these seeds and had nothing growing out this spring so in the ground they went.

They are in water only soil, 10 gallon grow bags. Soil is a mix of recycled indoor run soil amended with about 35% alpaca manure, crab meal and some oyster shell flower. My soil recycling process also involves 2-3 months of feeding the earth worms within the soil bin. The entire top of the soil bin turns to castings which are then mixed in when I put the soil in pots. The alpaca manure breaks down during recycling and becomes extremely fluffy, holds the right amount of moisture without staying soggy. It’s super fluffy as long as the castings mix through well.

Atlas Seeds - Gummi Bears, Top Gun & Grease Gun.
Humboldt seeds - Pound Town & Lemon Grass.
Mutant Genetics - Iced Latte

I had also started 2 Blimburn Auto Devil XXL but they both came up as mutants, tried to self top themselves at the 1st node and then shriveled up and died.

Gummi Bears - has some light fruity smells.
IMG_7163.jpeg
IMG_7164.jpeg

Iced Latte - no real smells yet, this one was a stunted little runt that seemed to stall out at about 3 inches tall. It say that way for all of April then just exploded in growth at the end of April to it’s current size which in the 10 gallon pot she reaches my belly.
IMG_7165.jpeg
IMG_7166.jpeg

Lemon Grass #1 smells like so filled a small room with an entire can of aquanet hairspray and then locked myself in it. I can smell aquanet across my yard.
IMG_7169.jpeg
IMG_7170.jpeg

Lemongrass #2 also shares the aquanet smell but no where near as strong. She also has a weed smell with her while #1 is straight aquanet.
IMG_7167.jpeg
IMG_7168.jpeg

Grease Gun - bright chemical and fuel smells with a tiny hint of berry if you touch a bud.
IMG_7171.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg

To be continued…

Cactus Squatter

Here’s the rest of em.
Pound Town #1 - light cedar and juniper forest smells with a slight hint of melon.
IMG_7173.jpeg
IMG_7174.jpeg

Pound Town #2 - extremely intense cantaloupe and melon smells. Can smell from a few feet away over the others except the aquanet.
IMG_7175.jpeg
IMG_7176.jpeg

Top Gun - scents similar to a hairspray product, fruity, sweet, a tiny hint of apple.
IMG_7177.jpeg
IMG_7178.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

Based on this experience so far, I figure I’ll probably always run a few outdoor autos every spring. Nice little bonus crop.
These went in the ground mid march, I’ll probably start a little sooner next year if our temps cooperate again.

Cactus Squatter

Sweet Seeds Makes some nice Autos especially if you like Purples. Fast Buds Orange Sherbet is also very nice if you like the citric terps
Right on, I’ll give those a run next spring. Thanks for the suggestions. Been a bit since I’ve grown or smoked anything with the orange terps too.

Buzzzzd

A couple are getting chopped this weekend, looks like a few more have another week or two left at most. Getting excited to try these ones, they’ve all been a super easy spring outdoor grow for me.
Hey Squatter - what was your results???? Good experience??

Cactus Squatter

Hey Squatter - what was your results???? Good experience??
Super easy and awesome experience. I’ll definitely be doing a spring auto run every year moving forward.
It was a great way to get some more hybrids and indicas into my jars without heat issues. Had zero mold, pests only attacked one of the pound towns and only ate the pistils off of it one time before I caught the weird little stink bug looking things that were doing it and squished them.

I stuck them in good dirt with some fox farms all purpose dry fertilizer, some lime and a bunch of alapaca manure. Stuck seeds in the center and just let them go. I never added any ferts, foliar fed or anything. Just water.
All of them came out really well.

The grease gun I won’t be running again. It has a boring as hell flat stoned feeling I don’t like. It just makes me feel bored as hell and also not wanting to do anything.

The pound towns have both been good. One of them is super Stoney and the more cantaloupe smelling one is both Stoney and a little euphoric.

The Lemon Grass… I wish it had kept the crazy aquanet hairspray smell. Smelled just like 80s chicks heading out for a night of butt rock and drinks. It is also a bit on the Stoney/mellow side, with the pheno 2 giving a few people the spins.

Top Gun Is an ok afternoon smoke. Good smells and tastes when smoking, nothing special effect wise but still better than most of the commercial around me.

Gummi Bears - nice hard body relaxation from it. Not a sleep inducer, but a great wind down.

Iced Latte- what can I say, somehow if I vape this one I can smell it getting sweat out of me the next day if I don’t wear deodorant. No joke, my pits smell exactly like this weed the next day. Thankfully it doesn’t stink like BO or “weed”, it just has a distinct terpene.
Effect wise it is a social relaxation smoke, but has also caused the spins in a few people.

All of them had great consistency. Good density, soft, all but the grease gun pull apart easy by hand or in a grinder. The grease gun is more on the super sticky, gooey feeling side even if you leave a cured bud out on the counter all night. Just sticky, greasy gooey.
15.9oz total from all of them so definitely not a huge harvest by any means, but still a pound I wouldn’t normally have around and with zero effort.

Next year will have some auto Zamaldelica, some more freebies from multiverse (I think there’s a grip of auto GMO), and those ones mentioned up above.

splinter7

Super easy and awesome experience. I’ll definitely be doing a spring auto run every year moving forward.
It was a great way to get some more hybrids and indicas into my jars without heat issues. Had zero mold, pests only attacked one of the pound towns and only ate the pistils off of it one time before I caught the weird little stink bug looking things that were doing it and squished them.

I stuck them in good dirt with some fox farms all purpose dry fertilizer, some lime and a bunch of alapaca manure. Stuck seeds in the center and just let them go. I never added any ferts, foliar fed or anything. Just water.
All of them came out really well.

The grease gun I won’t be running again. It has a boring as hell flat stoned feeling I don’t like. It just makes me feel bored as hell and also not wanting to do anything.

The pound towns have both been good. One of them is super Stoney and the more cantaloupe smelling one is both Stoney and a little euphoric.

The Lemon Grass… I wish it had kept the crazy aquanet hairspray smell. Smelled just like 80s chicks heading out for a night of butt rock and drinks. It is also a bit on the Stoney/mellow side, with the pheno 2 giving a few people the spins.

Top Gun Is an ok afternoon smoke. Good smells and tastes when smoking, nothing special effect wise but still better than most of the commercial around me.

Gummi Bears - nice hard body relaxation from it. Not a sleep inducer, but a great wind down.

Iced Latte- what can I say, somehow if I vape this one I can smell it getting sweat out of me the next day if I don’t wear deodorant. No joke, my pits smell exactly like this weed the next day. Thankfully it doesn’t stink like BO or “weed”, it just has a distinct terpene.
Effect wise it is a social relaxation smoke, but has also caused the spins in a few people.

All of them had great consistency. Good density, soft, all but the grease gun pull apart easy by hand or in a grinder. The grease gun is more on the super sticky, gooey feeling side even if you leave a cured bud out on the counter all night. Just sticky, greasy gooey.
15.9oz total from all of them so definitely not a huge harvest by any means, but still a pound I wouldn’t normally have around and with zero effort.

Next year will have some auto Zamaldelica, some more freebies from multiverse (I think there’s a grip of auto GMO), and those ones mentioned up above.

nice plants. i ran top gun a year ago. i got it as a freebie, so figured why not. took about 95 days to finish. looked great, super frosty rock hard buds. i got about an oz. when i smoke it, i lose any prior high i had. it just kills the high and then you get a weed hangover the next day. it sucked. i gave some of it away as it wasn't good meds or good at getting me high. i don't usually do autos, but i am trying to squeeze two into this round, a gorilla wedding from fastbudz and an ethos grandpa's cookies x New420guy jack herrer. both at around 30 days.

you grew out a bunch. was the high decent enough to warrant growing autos? all autos i have ever tried have not been good. sometimes they have nice terps, but it's like a waste of my lungs when i could have some top shelf buds instead.

Cactus Squatter

nice plants. i ran top gun a year ago. i got it as a freebie, so figured why not. took about 95 days to finish. looked great, super frosty rock hard buds. i got about an oz. when i smoke it, i lose any prior high i had. it just kills the high and then you get a weed hangover the next day. it sucked. i gave some of it away as it wasn't good meds or good at getting me high. i don't usually do autos, but i am trying to squeeze two into this round, a gorilla wedding from fastbudz and an ethos grandpa's cookies x New420guy jack herrer. both at around 30 days.

you grew out a bunch. was the high decent enough to warrant growing autos? all autos i have ever tried have not been good. sometimes they have nice terps, but it's like a waste of my lungs when i could have some top shelf buds instead.
Yeah, it was decent enough on some of them that I’ll be running another spring auto grow.
The Lemon Grass makes my wife completely stupid. Hits me decently as well and will be run again. Same with the Iced Latte.

The top gun I won’t be bothering with. It’s tasty and smells good but nothing worth spending time on. Same with the grease gun and Gummi bears. Ok, but nothing spectacular or worthwhile after a good cure. Nothing I’d pay money for anyways.

I’ll be growing a rando assortment of auto freebies again this spring, and giving some more of the seeds to friends for fun.

splinter7

Yeah, it was decent enough on some of them that I’ll be running another spring auto grow.
The Lemon Grass makes my wife completely stupid. Hits me decently as well and will be run again. Same with the Iced Latte.

The top gun I won’t be bothering with. It’s tasty and smells good but nothing worth spending time on. Same with the grease gun and Gummi bears. Ok, but nothing spectacular or worthwhile after a good cure. Nothing I’d pay money for anyways.

I’ll be growing a rando assortment of auto freebies again this spring, and giving some more of the seeds to friends for fun.

were they all Atlas autos? at least the 3 you mentioned were not so hot were Atlas.