What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

VenerableHippie

Tha
Sad to hear and I know your pain mate!
This year some filthy bastards came in through the elderly neighbours old wooden fence and took the whole crop through a hole they’d cut in the trellis on my side.
Didn’t leave me a single bud the scumbags, and if they’d have asked I’d have been more than happy to given them some, when in was actually ready!!!

Lesson learnt and all I kept saying to myself was the age old saying, Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

Nothing worse than growing weed for someone too lazy to do it themselves.
Debating bothering next year.
Thanks and sorry for your loss.

Don't forget ... where there's a will there's a way!!!!

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas haven't had much time to get on lately life has been hectic. Death everywhere is seems.. I suppose you get to an age where these things begin to happen more frequently. Hope you guys have all been well though, sorry greenest getting ripped from your house is an absolute shit feeling... might be time to put a sneaky plant on a big bend somewhere hahahaha... I've always come here in adverse times of life and probably will continue. Appreciate sharing the walks of life with you colorful lot.
FB_IMG_1607078972900.jpg

rod58

Hey fullas haven't had much time to get on lately life has been hectic. Death everywhere is seems.. I suppose you get to an age where these things begin to happen more frequently. Hope you guys have all been well though, sorry greenest getting ripped from your house is an absolute shit feeling... might be time to put a sneaky plant on a big bend somewhere hahahaha... I've always come here in adverse times of life and probably will continue. Appreciate sharing the walks of life with you colorful lot. View attachment 18712722
And you take care young fella as well .. Usual thing ..a bit of a lul this time of year with a lot of us hibernating ..

Rider420

Someone told me that only Fire and Ambulance is legally empowered to gain property access by cutting a fence/lock.

True or False in Queensland? Anyone?

Searches without a search warrant​

In Western Australia, police have the power to enter and search a place or vehicle without a search warrant where consent has been given by the occupier of the premises, or in certain other circumstances. If there is someone present when they attend to search then the police must identify themselves, say under what authority to search they are there, why they are searching, and give the occupants a chance to consent. Police do not have to make these statements if they believe that it will endanger any person, jeopardise the purpose of the entry, or jeopardise the effectiveness of the search. An example is where the police believe that a person is committing or has committed domestic violence, or any other violent offence.

The police can enter and search to see if any person is in need of assistance, look for any weapon or anyone they think may have a weapon, and seize anything relevant to the offence. Further, if someone is arrested for a serious offence, (an offence that has a maximum penalty of five years or more in jail), police can also enter and search the place where they were arrested, or a where they left from just before being arrested, and search for evidence of the offence, or for any victim of the offence. Police can enter and search without a warrant to arrest someone who they believe has committed a serious offence or if they otherwise have an arrest warrant. They can also enter any place other than a dwelling to look for a person who has anything relevant to an offence and if, while looking, they find anything relevant to any offence, they can seize it as evidence.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I'd say after you called the police and ambulance to your own house a few times, whilst you waited in the lounge or yard naked claiming to invite them to the party because you have no friends they'll make a strict no go policy just for you hahaha.

Hey guys, how does one go about meeting other growers and smokers her in Aus? I'm in Melb and it has always been a challenge for me to meet other like minded people passionate about the plant.

Does anyone have any tips on how to meet other people here?

Cheers guys

VenerableHippie

I used to come here and put up the biggest most useless bullshit I could think of. Made a regular arse of myself and guess what? I still haven't got any friends!

Maybe put up some pics of what you do, plantwise, would be a good move. Maybe your bong? Your vape? What rolling papers do you use? Maybe write a piece about the health benefits of using Rizla rice paper rolling papers (blue packet).

Where's your favourite place to smoke? Down by the creek? In your lounge? On your verandah? In bed?
Maybe at your girlfriends place with her Father. Or with her Mother when your girlfirend is out.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Someone told me that only Fire and Ambulance is legally empowered to gain property access by cutting a fence/lock.

True or False in Queensland? Anyone?
Your gate needs to be locked and you need a "NO ENTRY" sign on it. The wording is very important, trespassing prosecuted is not valid (trespasses are not prosecuted anyway as it is a civil case and you are just stating something that is not true anyway), Private Property is not valid, as that is kind'a obvious that is is privately owned anyway, you need to REFUSE permission. I'm not a lawyer, but read into it some time ago and assume QLD is the same. The evidence would be invalid if they entered the property passed a locked gate that specifically said do not enter, no entry etc. (unless responding to a domestic violence call etc or serving a search warrant)

If the gate is unlocked, it's just like coming up to someone's house to knock on the door. The sign is also a MUST, or they can walk/jump around it freely. I have the sign and always try to lock my gate, as if they walk up to my house and smell something, it's my laziness that got me done in. If they enter your property illegally, the evidence is not admissible in court. Please check with a real criminal lawyer though and don't listen to someone shit-posting on the internet, but that is my understanding.

It's your property so you can refuse permission for people to enter it. Lock it and make your intentions very clear. Police with a casual inquiry and no legal reason to be there are just people and breaking the law if they do enter. Fire, Ambulance and Police (in specific circumstances) have an exception if there is an emergency, someone growing weed is not an emergency. With a 'do not enter' sign and the locked gate, you essentially move the front door of your house to the entry point of your property (but it's unlikely that you will respond to someone knocking). This is true also in suburbia, or any type of property you own.

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
The government, the neighbour's and the nosey fella on the other end of a computer all know what's best for you and I... The world is getting funnier and funnier, I have a five year goal to be able to save enough money to buy some land doesn't look like it sever going to be in my own country though.

VenerableHippie

I heard Wally's Laos X Z99 is a giggly smoke. I wonder if Pumpkin has found out what other Laos varieties are like?

Y'know ... the electricity shortage here in eastern Oz is a crock of foul smelling excrement! How can there not be enough electricity? How can there not be enough coal to burn in the power stations?

Take over private industry Prime Minister while you have the numbers! Obviously things can't be left to Business to sort out the economy ... to look after us best.

("...look after us best"? WTF? I don't need looking after!!! What's the matter with me this morning ... ?)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im in lol
Only bound to get worse here now it seems and no hurry at all to legalise cannabis in our nanny state/country, despite it being socially accepted, but the government knows what's best for us right? Lol
I don’t know what the situation is in Australia but I can tell you here in New York State USA it’s a different world then when it was A decade ago no one gives a fuck anymore we’re legal everybody smells money including the state ha ha I’ve been hiding all my life it’s nice to feel free without worry