What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Atao Riddim

Dirt Life

Veteran
Swazi Red (Black pheno) @ 10 weeks...

Had a small problem I just found out about... turns out my light in my tent was on 24 hours for the last 6-7 days... so, all plants show no signs of hermaphrodism, although they were not happy. A little fresh pistils on a few hazes, but little amount of reveg... but, the Swazi showed something a little different... one of the colas decided to let a bud at a node site turn into a branch... it's hard to describe, but pics will show.

With that said, no bananas, pods, sacks, any type of intersrx traits (this is true on all plants In my tent right now)... just wanted to mention my screw-up, and document it here.

Anyways, Swazi Red (Black pheno) @ 10 weeks, w/ last week accidently on 24/0 lighting...

full

full

full

Here's the cola that separated, due to reveg on a mistake made by me... there's no new pistils or weird leaf growth... after checking it thoroughly and using my hands to trace out the growth, it seems that a bud that was part of this crown decided to shoot up, old flower and all... there seems to be no new flower, just that this bud site turned into its own main stem..

full

full

Dirt Life

Veteran
Well, it's harvest day for my lone Swazi... and of course, last pics alive of her, and she has a MASSIVE hair just hanging on one of the colas... 🤬😬

Oh well.. her smell is still very dark and savory. She's really sparkling with resin, too, and that resin, when disturbed, has a very herby, peppery smell.. cant wait to try her!

Swazi Red (Black Pheno) @ 12 weeks (harvest day) -

full

full

full

full

BC LONE WOLF

Well, it's harvest day for my lone Swazi... and of course, last pics alive of her, and she has a MASSIVE hair just hanging on one of the colas... 🤬😬

Oh well.. her smell is still very dark and savory. She's really sparkling with resin, too, and that resin, when disturbed, has a very herby, peppery smell.. cant wait to try her!

Swazi Red (Black Pheno) @ 12 weeks (harvest day) -

full

full

full

full

Hi there great work, wondering about the appellation/label (black pheno), what are the traits the characterize this label?

thnaks

Dirt Life

Veteran
Hey @BC LONE WOLF! This is my first time growing Roms Swazi (but definitely won't be the last), so, I can only say that, from talking with Roms and everyone else, the three main pheno are the black, 12 weeks, dark aromas, dwarf style plants, the gold pheno, 13-16 weeks, fruity, herbs, foxtails and a good stretch, and the elusive coca-cola pheno, which seems to fall in between the gold and black, but with highly desirable cola terps.

I'm just repeating things here (except the black pheno, which seems to be on the money description wise). Roms would really be the one to ask... also, taracula and SubOx can both answer those questions better because they have grown both the black and gold.

Thanks for the kind words BC, and I hope that helps give you an answer. Seriously though, I can't recommend Atao seeds enough... 👍

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi there great work, wondering about the appellation/label (black pheno), what are the traits the characterize this label?

thanks

Ya Black means earlier expression of pure sat compared to the Red, Gold or Green respectively longer in flowering time. ;)

the black, 12 weeks, dark aromas, dwarf style plants,

Not necessary dwarf but most are like that indeed, at my start with Swaz i found a best black female with opposite tall and less branchy structure. Well the dwarfing also conforts my theory about altitude and latitude influence and its transformation process. South Africa has something special due to its UV level but also about its mountain ranges, also force of resin production/protection but with smaller trichomes, a property i found with its hash too, crazy sticky poison!

could've made a wig with how damn big that hair was.

Ya very fine volatile hair, pure sat powa, cheers bro! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts