What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aroma in cannabis

Succeed in finding the aromas of cannabis

Good morning,
I asked myself a question when I see varieties with taste / aroma example number 1:

A spilled glass of Cabernet next to a leaking gasoline tank. The phenotypes will express predominately, vivid tones of crushed fermenting grapes wrapped around a tightly wound core of chemical and petroleum notes.

example number 2:

Delicate flowers are punctuated by vigorous notes of lemon pledge and hairspray. A mosaic of lime essence is underscored by textures of Meyer lemon, vanilla bean, and crushed lavender. Undertones of paint thinner and rose hips blend senselessly into the reverberating echo of leaking gasoline and fresh honey-suckle

I wonder how we achieve such a level of precision, thank you in advance for your response

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good question friend. It's very often you see someone take a bud or flower and put it to his or her nose first before smoking or vaping. Why is that? I think weed smells play a big part in how the weed effects the person consuming it.

Blue Cheese: Candy, Cheese, Fruit. ...
Sour Diesel: Citrus, Fruit, Pepper, Herbs, Sour. ...
Kali Dog: Citrus, Diesel, Herbs, Pungent, Skunk. ...
Blue Gelato: Earth, Diesel. ...
Skunk XL: Candy, Earth, Fruit, Pine, Skunk. ...
Royal AK: Earth, Fruit, Pine, Skunk.

Cannabis sativa L. produces more than 200 known aroma compounds. Prior studies have focused mainly on terpenoids — molecules that range in odor from fuel-like to woody, citrusy or floral. Different cannabis cultivars have diverse mixtures of these compounds that contribute to their unique aromas.

When it comes to aroma, indica strains tend to emit musty, earthy, and skunky odors, while sativas smell sweet, fruity, or spicy. This difference in aroma is the result of terpenes, the molecules within the plant that are cousins to cannabinoids like THC and CBD. Google

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I smell some old smells from time to time today and it is like I know what the buzz is just by its smell. I've been smelling some weed lately that smells wicked. I only take a vape or two and that's too much. Wicked tasting like glass cleaner or something similar. It's a new smell.

Latest posts

Latest posts