What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arizona mmj law question

nightowlhid

Hey guys how's it going.? New to this forum and like the title states I'm looking at Arizona faqs so I can operate u der the confines of the law.

Main question :
As of 8/5/2011 there are no dispensiares here yet and I want to cultivate. I live in Phoenix so my assumption is there will be dispensaries within 25 miles of my home / grow site.

1. So, if I start growing now can I legally grow my 12 plants? (as a patient)

2.What happens if I get half way thru the cycle and a dispensary pops up.. Do I have to kill my plants? Truly heart breaking not to mention the expense and time involved.

3. Wondering if I would be grandfathered in since I got my plants going before a dispensary popped up? Could I continue to grow and grow?

4. Next question. Assuming I couldn't grow if a dispensary popped up but became a caregiver for a patient in say the four corners area with no chance of a dispensary popping up around them within 25 miles could I grow for them?!?

Thx in adv for any help. Yes I will use the search function more but so far I haven't found the answers I'm lookin for

azez

Veteran
short answers, yes no no yes.
if you get your card, you can indicate you want to cultivate for yourself. you can then grow for yourself for atleast a year. the cards need to be renewed every year. at the time that you go to renew is when they decide if a dispensary is within the 25 mile halo. if there is then you can not grow for yourself.
if you find someone outside the 25 miles you can grow for them. it matters where they live not you
peace
ez

nightowlhid

short answers, yes no yes.
if you get your card, you can indicate you want to cultivate for yourself. you can then grow for yourself for atleast a year. the cards need to be renewed every year. at the time that you go to renew is when they decide if a dispensary is within the 25 mile halo. if there is then you can not grow for yourself.
if you find someone outside the 25 miles you can grow for them. it matters where they live not you
peace
ez

Hey Bro,
thanks for the reply! I went back and reread what I wrote and It was confusing to me!! lol I went back and numbered my questions for clarity in case others are looking for the same info.
So if I understand your reply, the answers are:

1. yes for a year total until needs to be renewed(regardless if a disp. pops up in a week)
2. No. because card is good for a year
3. No. same answer applies here as answer 2
4. yes I can grow for someone (12 plants ea with a Caregiver card) that lives in a remote area, greater than 25 miles from disp.even tho I live in the heart of phx.

This makes sense to me, hope I interpreted correctly. :)

Thank you so much!!

MF Grimm

Hey Bro,
thanks for the reply! I went back and reread what I wrote and It was confusing to me!! lol I went back and numbered my questions for clarity in case others are looking for the same info.
So if I understand your reply, the answers are:

1. yes for a year total until needs to be renewed(regardless if a disp. pops up in a week)
2. No. because card is good for a year
3. No. same answer applies here as answer 2
4. yes I can grow for someone (12 plants ea with a Caregiver card) that lives in a remote area, greater than 25 miles from disp.even tho I live in the heart of phx.

This makes sense to me, hope I interpreted correctly. :)

Thank you so much!!

Yep! Totally correct.

If you go to azcsforums.com, you can meet with local growers and swap genetics.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Dang ..nothing like trying to confuse law abiding citizens

Latest posts

Latest posts