What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Are Greenhouse Growers Willing To Do Some Testing?

farmerlion

Fungal Repositories
Hello fellow greenhouse growers,

I have been growing and refining for many years. 6 years ago I started developing Fungal Repositories. In the spring of 2000 I started developing my own male for hybrids. In the spring of 2024 I will be releasing two to three strains. Developed in and for greenhouse growers specifically. I'm currently doing a teaching thread in the Advanced Botany and Growing Sciences forum. My thread is called Making Marijuana Great Again.

If you would be interested in doing a little research and early strain testing in 2023 please let me know.

I will be gathering information on exact flowering onset dates in a wider spectrum for release details of specific genetics at varied latitudes.

I do all planting Memorial weekend through June 10th. Depending on genetics and if I'm looking for a later havest date regarding phenotypic expressions.

If you would be interested in testing for MedDakotabis's new line called the ( Moon Strangler Series ) as they have earlier but not full Auto flowering onset dates. Hence the name Moon Strangler.

These are mostly sativa genetics and largely Thai based. I'm at 49 1/2 to 50 degrees North. I thank you for your consideration.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

What's up? So are you going for a super early photo kind of " semi auto" thing. Like something that will flower with anything less then 18hrs? If that's what you are trying to do, id love to try.

I feel like a bunch of people would be interested in this in the outdoor section. It just gets more traffic. and in a greenhouse, photo period can be manipulated so early flower isn't so valuable like it is for an outdoor grower. I want a clone i can veg in a greenhouse and put out to finish in the spring or mid summer.

farmerlion

Fungal Repositories
What's up? So are you going for a super early photo kind of " semi auto" thing. Like something that will flower with anything less then 18hrs? If that's what you are trying to do, id love to try.

I feel like a bunch of people would be interested in this in the outdoor section. It just gets more traffic. and in a greenhouse, photo period can be manipulated so early flower isn't so valuable like it is for an outdoor grower. I want a clone i can veg in a greenhouse and put out to finish in the spring or mid summer.
Hello, yes these would be along the semi auto lineage similar to Lebanese cycle times. I don't manipulate light cycles by pulling tarps or anything like that. Everything I do is natural light cycles, or else none of your data is accurate at all.

Hours of flowering I won't say 18 hours of light. Where I live our longest days are about 17.5 hours of light. From pre flowering onset to actual pistils is 16 to 16.5 hours of light.
My goal is to have high percentage sativa plants finished by the end of September. We have had snow October 2nd three out of the last 4 years. While outdoor growers shouldn't have issues, I'm not calling anything outdoors that I didn't specifically select for that purpose.

Us greenhouse growers haven't ever seen any love from the cannabis community. So the genetics that I'm selecting from are going to be the Belle of the Ball. These are truly connoisseur quality genetics. Outdoor genetics are generally only robust without the many phenotypic expressions that I'm bringing to the table.

While indoor growers would love these offerings as well, all reproductions are made in natural light and cycle times. The indoor growers have by far the largest genetics base to choose from.

There is no doubt other forums will have greater traffic, but I'm looking for more specific feedback regarding my lines.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

CrushnYuba

My longest days are 15 hrs. I would love to pop some. Could be a game changer. I think it could be good data for you. Id pop a bunch if u want.
I looked for something to buy and i only found a few options. They are all pretty old.
If i was able to get a keeper with the quality and harvest date of depp without the extra infra structure of building automated permanent structures or labor of manually pulling tarp, id be over the moon. Lots of people would be. You could grow fields of it with simple hoops and row cover.
What you do is kind of an anomaly. There would be alot more people growing like that if they had access to genetics like you are talking about. Most people that build real greenhouses use them for outdoor starts or do light depp. Here we have nice weather so it's easier to flower with good open ventilation then in a stuffy greenhouse. My friends in bad weather use depp to avoid the bad weather.

I really don't know why breeders haven't focused on early stuff. I feel like they all worked on autos instead. There still isn't an auto that's really depp quality and commercially viable. I don't know if it will ever happen either. Seems much more likely to get it from super early strains that can be cloned. If i only got 1 keeper that ticked all the boxes, id be stoked. To get it with auto you would need every seed to tick all boxes and be completely uniform. That's hard for any line. Especially a line with ruderalis.

Yardy1986

I would be interested in testing for you but I'm in Jamaica so I don't know if you would be interested in flower onset at my latitude