What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archery

FruitTreesUK

fetch

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i love going stump shooting, wandering around in the woods with a quiver full of field blunts & judo points. or stalking the wary cow flops grazing out in a pasture.😃 absolutely free recreation & relaxation. well, it's free after you buy a bow & buy/make your arrows. i'm cheap, i build my own out of poplar splits, lol. they shoot great out of my longbows, recurves, and BBO bows...

shithawk420

Veteran
Looks like a ninja wrapped your bow.and what's a judo point? What's the draw lbs on that thing? Lots of unanswered questions.havent drawn a bow in a long time though.whats a BBO AOH?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
............... at least FruitTrees knows what's important. :tongue:

First things I noticed were those familiar looking potting containers next to the bed. :bigeye:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Looks like a ninja wrapped your bow.and what's a judo point? What's the draw lbs on that thing? Lots of unanswered questions.havent drawn a bow in a long time though.whats a BBO AOH?
a judo point is a small game/practice point with spring steel wires on the head to keep it from burrowing under the grass or leaves and disappearing until the end of time, or you pop a lawn tractor tire with it, whichever comes first. BBO - "bamboo- backed osage" wooden bow.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I will be doing an archery course in a couple of weeks, once done I will be able to become a member of Archery Australia, once I am a member I can buy a crossbow (illegal otherwise) and will be buying an Excalibur Assassin 420TD, I will join a field archery club and will go hunting goats in the Flinders Ranges South Australia.

growshopfrank

Veteran
I will be doing an archery course in a couple of weeks, once done I will be able to become a member of Archery Australia, once I am a member I can buy a crossbow (illegal otherwise) and will be buying an Excalibur Assassin 420TD, I will join a field archery club and will go hunting goats in the Flinders Ranges South Australia.
Excalibur has some of the best customer service in the industry. Damn fine bows check out their users forum some useful info there.
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I bought an Excalibur Assassin 400TD last year. Great bow. Shooting their ProFlight bolts with 150 grain broadheads gives a speed of 389 fps on my chronograph.
Haven't had it fail to produce a pass-through on a whitetail yet, . Longest shot last year was about 55 yards.
Before this bow I used a Parker Tornado for quite a few years but Parker went out of business and I felt like it was time for an upgrade.
I like the simplicity of a recurve crossbow without all the cams and cables. Much easier to tune and maintain and much easier to change the string if needed.
Bow season starts here Oct. 3 with unlimited antlerless deer tags. Cant wait.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i was getting dressed to go this afternoon, but decided to watch football instead once i discovered i did not have my archery stamp yet...:badday::angrymod:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Well I went to the first day of the course, about an hour of theory then an hour of archery practice, I got a lot of gold hits with a few fliers into the red, my main problem is I am plucking the string instead of relaxing my fingers, I will have to work on that this Saturday on day 2, there was 6 of us, 4 guys and 2 girls.
We had a problem with a child running back and forth behind the targets so had to stop and wait for them to go.
My left shoulder got sore from holding up the bow, I have injuries from a car accident.
We used a re-curve bow, I have some previous experience with a long bow in primary school, the orange fibreglass ones, I got a certificate for scoring a gold but that is long gone.