What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand it's sacrilege to say this, but I've had the Greenhouse Self since it was released and the local aficionados say it's the best Trainwreck they've had. All cedar and lemon, but just too racy for modern tastes.

Never gotten cedar out of Trainwreck. Fuel rotting flesh lemon is what I remember. Just this gawdawful lemon funk that I absolutely love. And a high that brings folks used to smoking indicas to their knees.

707Corridor

Never gotten cedar out of Trainwreck. Fuel rotting flesh lemon is what I remember. Just this gawdawful lemon funk that I absolutely love. And a high that brings folks used to smoking indicas to their knees.
Same here, TW is one of my all time fav.

Couple weeks ago I was at a store and they were selling TW from Honeydew Farms. Granted I haven't seen good TW since moving away from SoCO in 2008. I was startled just to see TW being available, I bought an 1/8, to my surprise it was as I remembered. Not sure of cut as many of you may know more. Just here to pass along where I've seen it, hopefully it has a come back.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I get Arcata Trainwreck from NETA Brookline here in Boston. Got an ounce a couple weeks ago. Could try and see where they got their cut. The buds are hard as a rock and dense. Here's a pic but you can't really see it that good
picture.php

therealeasyrast

the ARCATA trainwreck is not dead ppl.

her in fem form

not a big girl this round, checking to see if this round of fems are solid and they are just like the last time i made them..day 35 flower i think in that pic.

looks and smell exactly like her classic mother.

peace ..

Thats her alright, Miss you.

Icemud

Here's the trainwreck I've had for about 6 or 7 years. Not sure if its the "arcata" cut or another one. Definitely Trainwreck that has that distinct nose to it. That extremely lemon pinesol terps with a hint of 7up. Fast flowering and extremely easy to grow, but definitely needs support in flowering as it like to flop across all my other plants and take up the grow area. Have made a lot of crosses with this one and still have it around.

Attachments

• 20170419_213736.jpg
    20170419_213736.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106

William76

Here's the trainwreck I've had for about 6 or 7 years. Not sure if its the "arcata" cut or another one. Definitely Trainwreck that has that distinct nose to it. That extremely lemon pinesol terps with a hint of 7up. Fast flowering and extremely easy to grow, but definitely needs support in flowering as it like to flop across all my other plants and take up the grow area. Have made a lot of crosses with this one and still have it around.

That does loolike her,the big leaf at the top especialy ,i ,had and lost her a few years back,been lookIng ever Since,real special hit to her.,76

Hits spllll,

Icemud

@Icemud

beautiful plant my friend.

peace ..
Thank you Jaws :)

Shes definitely one of the few strains I can't get rid of, just perfect in all ways. I've hit it so far with pollen from quite a few different strains including : 79xmas bud, deep chunk, apollo 13F4, chocolate thai F4, Gods Gift F2, Orange FPOG, DjShortBlueberry F4 and Bangi haze :) Definitely going to keep it around for a long while. I tried to reverse it and got a tiny bit of pollen, but unfortunately none of it took on the clone I had of it. Only made some fem TW x PR OG and a few random others. May try to reverse it again in the future with STS instead of CS.

Such a distinct plant too, the leaves have a lot more blades than anything else I've grown and the way the leaves attach to the stems is so different. Really wonder what the genetics behind this beast are as its unlike anything I've run before.

solterostrains

That is the arcata cut do you still have her

JAWS

just reversed the wreck over here, she was an fem-2 by my own hands, the next run i will be making fresh trainwreck fem-3 seeds.

trainwreck-16.JPG
trainwreck-17.JPG
trainwreck-18.JPG
trainwreck-19.JPG

possibly 30 wreck hybrids so far, been working on/with her sense 2006. sadly i lost the original cut years ago but i did make fems so thats what i have been working with all these years. still constnatly looking for a fresh legit wreck cut but no finding her yet.

peace ..

acespicoli

just reversed the wreck over here, she was an fem-2 by my own hands, the next run i will be making fresh trainwreck fem-3 seeds.

View attachment 18935121 View attachment 18935122 View attachment 18935123 View attachment 18935124
possibly 30 wreck hybrids so far, been working on/with her sense 2006. sadly i lost the original cut years ago but i did make fems so thats what i have been working with all these years. still constnatly looking for a fresh legit wreck cut but no finding her yet.

peace ..
Nice to see this :huggg: what the lineage and history for your TW ?

JAWS

started with the ARCATA CUT years ago given to me by cough-cough-err in 2006, had the cut for a couple years and in that time i made the first round or wreck fems. then another and now finally im making another batch of seeds, my current personal stock is getting very low so it is time.

peace ..

JAWS

my latest breeding projects, just got done with the last one.

BUBBLEGUM {09/F2} GORG
IMPURE GORG {F1}
PURPLE GORG {F1}
FRUITY PEBBLE GORG {F1}
MONKEY GORG {F1}
EXODUS GORG {F1}
UK GORG {F1}
MANDARIN GORG {F1}
BANANA GORG {F1}
TRIANGLE GORG {F1}
GARY PAYTON GORG {F1} NEED A NAME
CALI ICE {F2}
BANANA KUSH/OG {F9}
SLOW JAM {F1}
SLOW BURN {F1}
RAIL-ROAD KUSH {F1}
11 more ugorg hybrids, this will be the last of them except for !!.

onward ..

JAWS

crap sorry guys i put that last one in the wrong thread, should have went into my own thread.

very sorry ..

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
started with the ARCATA CUT years ago given to me by cough-cough-err in 2006, had the cut for a couple years and in that time i made the first round or wreck fems. then another and now finally im making another batch of seeds, my current personal stock is getting very low so it is time.

peace ..

we had the TW back in 2010

the clone came from Mendel but I do not recall where or who he acquired it from

my Friend barefrog sent me some tiny TW seeds and they will be in the next cycle….pretty sure bf said they were Arcata TW seeds?…

midwestkid

Veteran
i ran some of the cannaventure TW S1s this year outdoors. they were very tiny seeds, which he commented was a trait of this line.
it was a productive plant. very christmas tree like shape. they were very consistent. not a lot of variation in shape. very frosty.
one thing i noticed was they were quick to trigger into flowering and im not sure if maybe its one of those plants that trigger from being rootbound? i started everything in solo cups and they could have triggered early because of that. Also it was later in the season when i put them into the ground. so basically im admitting to user error here.
while looking at these plants grow i couldnt shake the feeling that someone spent a fair amount of time trying to create a super productive plant. just all buds everywhere.
i havent sampled it yet. i will try to return with pictures/feedback on tastes smells and effects when i find these in the dry/cure space.

Latest posts

Latest posts