What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

Old Piney

turning the leaves and buds to mush.
So I'm not sure it this what you got going on but for year's I've had big problems with gray mold and my buds .What have found most of this is caused by little worms borrowing into the buds I feel like a fool that I didn't figure this out earlier .I think they are just cabbage worms , they look like cabbage worms and I see the little white butterflys as well .Regardless there's and easy safe fix. Usually just one shot of BT does the trick .I look for the teeny tiny worms on the outside of the buds and spray .I keep an eye fore new flushes of them but that's usually on different plants really haven had any gray mold since I've been doing this , just a little bit of powdery mildew . Good luck with your upcoming harvest

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its normal to have some roots coming out of the top, but thats a lot of them! Usually see it more in moist weather.

Budworms don't bother me too bad, they cause a few dead flowers, but thats what gives them away. I inspect as much as I can weekly. About half the time or so when you see the dead tuft of flower the budworm is right there and you can grab him if you are fast enough, or else it will retreat back into the bud. I almost kind of like them because they cut tester flowers for me.

I seem to be able to catch enough of them it makes a difference I guess. Flowers mold in humid moist weather reguardless of if you have budworms. If let go, the budworms little spots can create some minor mold issues in my experience.

Hoping for beneficials like spiders to catch a few.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If my plants were in the sun with more branches and foliage it may be more of an issue. They're kind of hidden in the woods. Yeah I have had some level of mold issues because of them, but thankfully it hasn't been bad enough to cross the threshold and have to spray.

Starting to warm up a little bit, being above average in the 50's a couple days this week. Need to get looking at fertilizer, and get everything for the season so when I need it they haven't run out of options.

I don't usually germinate that early, I wait until April when I can put them out on the porch table. I can bring them inside at night. That gets them the best start in my experience, with the natural sunlight. They just take off growing with good momentum. Also don't want to have to deal with photoperiod differences triggering flowering and issues with hardening off.

Need to do a double check on seed count an whats going to be planted so I don't have to think about it later. Wanting to get a Deep Chunk reproduction in, and cross with a good number of my Sativa Candy Chunk cv. and have a small number of a few other lines. Will do some smoke testing and make decisions for next year.

I would like to do a final reproduction selection with my Sativa Candy Chunk, but that will have to wait until next year. The third year, we can start to tinker a bit with things, or focus on more prevervation reproduction work.

full

Hasselhoff1337

I am hoping for a warm fall here at 55 North as well. I need a few more weeks to finish these.

View attachment 18760587
Hey man! We’re about the same lat but I’m over in Scandinavia. What strains have you grown that finish in time for our latitude?

Last year was my first and I opted for small autos as they finish fast and are easy to hide. Still very illegal here and we have the strictest drug laws in Europe. BUT I happened to come across Two Heads swamp grows on here and lucky me there’s a swamp waiting for me :). So this year I wanna try my hand at some bigger girls.

gorilla ganja

Hey man! We’re about the same lat but I’m over in Scandinavia. What strains have you grown that finish in time for our latitude?

Last year was my first and I opted for small autos as they finish fast and are easy to hide. Still very illegal here and we have the strictest drug laws in Europe. BUT I happened to come across Two Heads swamp grows on here and lucky me there’s a swamp waiting for me :). So this year I wanna try my hand at some bigger girls.
Not many finish properly this far North. I've been working on my own strains last few years.
Autoflowers and some semi-auto. Once you get to 50 posts you can PM me.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my line to F12 and it ripens late sept. Thats as good as I can do. Running BC Bud Depot Pinewarp which is Texada Timewarp x purple Pineberry, which is a 42 day 6 weeker for Canada, but you're way up there, brother!

Hope you have enough good stash saved up. Keep up the breeding work. Yeah you may be stuck with auto/ semi auto as the only option. Check out Esbe's Hybrids from Hell. Can't remember how far north he is.

gorilla ganja

Got my line to F12 and it ripens late sept. Thats as good as I can do. Running BC Bud Depot Pinewarp which is Texada Timewarp x purple Pineberry, which is a 42 day 6 weeker for Canada, but you're way up there, brother!

Hope you have enough good stash saved up. Keep up the breeding work. Yeah you may be stuck with auto/ semi auto as the only option. Check out Esbe's Hybrids from Hell. Can't remember how far north he is.
I was going to say HFH strains work for the most part. Have a few in the collection.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Esben has done some great work, not really a fan of the company name but, the work glorifies God and its all God's anyways. I like Esbe, have had lots of good discussions many a season and learned a lot. I will have to go stop by his forum.

40degsouth

Hey everyone.
Old Piney the issue I’m facing is different to either botrytis or caterpillar damage and I don’t want to sound obtuse but l wish it was something as simple. I use BT with great success and it can be tank mixed in teas or feeds, as Microbeman explains in the “Local Materials Thread”, when l asked him about it. It’s also photo sensitive, which means it degrades in sunlight so under leaf applications last longer. It can be used right up until harvest but fortnightly sprays are recommended.
The problem with the bud worms we get here is that they emerge from the bud after dark and feed of a night so they are extremely difficult to control by hand. I’ve read on here that some growers have had great success with bug zappers, around the garden, reducing the moths that lay the eggs.
’ll post some photos up of what the leaf spot disease looks like in a day or two but basically, it starts as a yellow dot that spreads outwards, creating necrotic tissue. Eventually all the spots join up and the leaf is dead. This happens really quickly particularly when the leaf is wet, so during extended periods of rain, or wet weather, a vulnerable plant will be destroyed in a week or so.
Hey Pipeline. It’s not unusual, in my experience, for some strains to throw roots out of the nodes on the stem but I’ve never seen one do it in eight days. I sometimes use a deep planting technique that gives the plant extra support when it starts to grow roots out of the bottom two sets of laterals. This also gives it the ability to increase its root zone, through surface area, under the soil. I looked the process up and l believe, it’s called adventitious rooting. This is not the technique to use if you have fusarium or other such soil borne pathogens.
I think it’s been bred into the line from the overwatering trials, in which plants sit in water for weeks and the ones that die off don’t have the ability to do this very thing. I’ve even got some throwing aerial roots which I haven’t seen a lot of, so statistically speaking it’s very high in a single population and this is a manifestation of my breeding goals being achieved. It’s taken me seven years to get to this stage.
And to finish a few photos.
The big Wam Wam in early flower.
02FD4BF0-76E4-4A3E-8FDE-1094762EB4D3.jpeg
063695F6-D658-467D-9F13-8144F417BDA0.jpeg
And the male selection of the Blackdog x AOG f5, leaning heavily towards the AOG with a beautiful Og floral structure. It’s disease resistant and could be a candidate for another line to work towards a recombinant inbred line for my beautiful Blackdog girl.
Cheers,
9594A32C-A979-4FEC-89CD-A98A649BB9E0.jpeg

Attachments

• B1E22E86-2014-49AD-8CF5-12360DF75A2A.jpeg
    B1E22E86-2014-49AD-8CF5-12360DF75A2A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • D60A29CE-4DA7-4A84-B064-F5B128323A97.jpeg
    D60A29CE-4DA7-4A84-B064-F5B128323A97.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 7542B7DE-33AD-44EA-95D5-A315AE1B6F00.jpeg
    7542B7DE-33AD-44EA-95D5-A315AE1B6F00.jpeg
    854.2 KB · Views: 39

hamstring

Veteran
So I'm not sure it this what you got going on but for year's I've had big problems with gray mold and my buds .What have found most of this is caused by little worms borrowing into the buds I feel like a fool that I didn't figure this out earlier .I think they are just cabbage worms , they look like cabbage worms and I see the little white butterflys as well .Regardless there's and easy safe fix. Usually just one shot of BT does the trick .I look for the teeny tiny worms on the outside of the buds and spray .I keep an eye fore new flushes of them but that's usually on different plants really haven had any gray mold since I've been doing this , just a little bit of powdery mildew . Good luck with your upcoming harvest

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing ,40degreessouth! Thats great you did some overwatering trials and found the plants resistant to flooding rain!

Wam wam has been on the move, she has grown to the proper size now! Must be a strong cultivar with a name like Wam wam.

Good idea to transplant deep, makes a sturdy plant. The wind gets really strong, so the more you can do to anchor the plant the better, plus more root starting points would likely increase root surface area.

Thanks hamstring! I get a couple of those every year. Thankfully the plant doesn't really care if its on the main stem usually, but near or inside the flower does a little damage. Its cool to see Colorado state get some information out there. Purdue has the hemp project, but I haven't seen any publications. I need to look again.

Thanks for the tip Gorilla Ganja! I saw Texada Timewarp is a cup winner! Sounds great, its a high yielding early finish sativa. What more could you ask for. Will have the Deep Chunks throwing pollen this year so that will be an interesting hybrid with Texada Timewarp x Purple Pineberry.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah the Purdue Hemp Project has some information available there! Graduated just a few years before they started growing hemp. My professor who is working on the project showed our plant pathology class a pic of a cannabis flower. She had some reason, and trying to see if everyone was awake. She hired me to do preliminarey research on white smut on blanketflower Gaillardia sp. :smoke:

Oli88

Here in Hawaii just killed the lights last week so flowers should start showing soon. Growing under light agribon and using organics. Some seeds I made crossing London pound cake by bredby42 with blue power F2’s from sin city seeds. There are 3 distinct phenos but we will see as they flower.
7FF4C7B6-3E41-47BE-B97C-CD3A49372171.jpeg

Here are pics of the parent plants.
Blue power
ACB2646D-D099-490E-8146-4F8A47122BE5.png
pound cake
FBBF2615-E693-4783-8A56-A69340D15457.png

Hasselhoff1337

I know some dudes grow Hybrids from hell here and swear by their strains. I’ve seen em at Nordic genetics but they only accept bank transfer for my country and that seems very paper-traily haha. But I might find a way :).

Got some Top Early Skunk from bulk seedbank that I doubt will finish but ill give it a go. Maybe it can at least amount to some small buds for hash or even some seed making.

This year ill probly stick with my autos anyway since I have so many seeds but we’ll see haha. Seeing all these big gals does get itchy!