What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

40degsouth

Hey everyone.
We’ll it’s the last day of summer here so l know all you northern hemisphere gardeners are champing at the bit to get going. For me I’m looking forward to harvest and finishing up.
Pipeline, over winter l usually get the bulk amount of compost in, to top up the beds, by the end of July or early August. In September I topdress with my organic amendments because they only start to work as the soil warms up and the biology gets going.
I’ve found l can do this anytime during the winter and it will only start breaking down when the soil’s ready anyway. If l want to speed things along I’ll top dress, or scratch it into the top layer of the soil.
It’s really only salts, or leftover available nutrients, that’ll get washed out of the soil with big amounts of rain, so if l feel the soil needs it I’ll add that at planting and maybe again during the season if the plant needs it. Of course a good winter cover crop will help with all of this and retain, use and stop, nutrients from washing out.
Hey enter sandman, septoria was my original diagnosis but I’m leaning more towards a fungal issue, like rust, now. One thing I’ve learnt over the past few years ,studying and experimenting with the disease l get here, is that “leaf spot” is an extremely generic term. It covers so many different diseases and pathogens that manifest in the same way and the disease you get there is completely different to the one l get here because of mutations in the genome caused by over applications of fungicides or bactericides. It’s crazy how fast these things mutate and growing now is so much harder than it used to be.
The weekly full cream milk, 1-10 parts, is working really well so far but I started later in the season and the leaves that were unprotected early, are starting to spot while the newer leaves, that have emerged after treatment started, remain unaffected,
So here’s one example of what I’m on about.
Fusarium on the indica leaning Wam Wam. I noticed the top of the plant yellowing off and thought it was a bit potassium deficient. I knew there was plenty in the bed because of the amount of wood ash l topdressed over the winter. I checked the moisture in the bed and it was lacking a bit so l gave her a deep watering. A couple of days later we had 12 hours of rain and the next day the canker had exploded out of the bark and had completely girdled the stem.
I’ve tried to save plants with all sorts of different treatments and strategies but the one I’ve found that works the best is to cut everything off above the cleanest set of laterals, sterilise the wound and cover it over so no moisture gets in. I do this of a night, once the brix within the plant has been taken into the roots, you’ll see the leaves drop.
This gives the plant a fighting chance because of the root to shoot ratios and done this early in flower the plant still has the ability to stack some flower. There’s no guarantee but there was no procrastination on this decision which only allows the disease to spread.
Cheers,
E2C834DC-CEBE-4618-AD0A-451FEB51AAF4.jpeg
17BB3113-C662-47FD-8911-DDFA40CD5865.jpeg
C1BF6DE6-027A-4B9A-92B0-B40E8AA029D8.jpeg

Attachments

• B3AA42F4-E914-4305-9D69-E67FA719D89F.jpeg
    B3AA42F4-E914-4305-9D69-E67FA719D89F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34

enter sandman

Yes...yellow leaf spot is a general term for a broad range of pathogens. I've dealt with them believe me. Though there are different divisions, classes & orders of the same family of pathogens that attack in varying ways & cause different outcomes if not treated.

Septoria Cannabis's modus operandi is to attack a cannabis plant just as it begins to flower...when it is in a weakened & vulnerable stage as most of it's energy is aimed at flowering now. It starts 99% of the time on the lower leaves & spreads upwards. It's a VERY aggressive pathogen. I've never had to deal with anything this aggressive in a very long time.

Milk works very well. Hope it helps the issue you are having. I had been using just plain pure neem oil once a week as an all around defense against bugs and diseases...but it did not cut the mustard for me sadly. I've learned to now start spraying my plants aggressively with copper about a month before flowering begins (early July where I live) so that it will prevent this again.

I actually learned a lot about this issue right here in ICMAG.

40degsouth

Big Wam Wam.
Three weeks to go, or there abouts. I’m hoping l can keep her healthy until then; three weeks may as well be three years with a few days of rain on the way to push the leaf spot and fusarium popping up here and there but so far, so good.
The big Blackdog crosses have probably got five to six weeks to go and as beautiful as the plants are, you start to realise just how precariously situated their lives really are, as the season draws to a close.
EDC7ACA0-3A7E-465E-9D7C-8AC9AC3D5510.jpeg
94F7CAC0-B47A-436A-A9B5-A5D479BBA239.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to catch up, will do here soon. Thanks for all the great posts and updates 40degrees south! That Wamwam is a big plant! Should have mentioned these organic disease controls earlier.

What do you think about systemic beneficial sprays like Regalia and Revitalize? I have used them after having root issues and it helps. You can use Revitalize at transplant and as a spray and root drench.

40degsouth

Hey everyone 🖖🏻
We had three days of drizzle and rain and the leaf spot really enjoyed that on the big Blackdog cross’. One out of three is resistant and the other two are starting to get quite badly damaged.
I think as temperatures drop and moisture gets going, in the form of rain and dew, spores that have attached to the leaf, during the season, activate and spread rapidly within the safety of the leaf. I can say now that the milk foliar didn’t help these plants at all, back to the drawing board.
Hey Pipeline, I’ve been trying to get bio fungicides for a long time but they haven’t been available where l am because they hadn’t been approved. The crazy thing is that you can buy them in, over the internet, at exorbitant prices and circumvent the whole process 🤣🤣
I would of loved to be able to trial these against this horrible shit but l just haven’t been able to. After your post l did a check and it turns out Bayer is distributing it now so I might be able to get it. There’s also another product called Stargus that berry producers and greenhouse growers are using in conjunction with Regalia. Anyone used these 🤔🤔🤔
I’ve been trying to upload some pictures for you all but reception’s been sketchy the past few days. I’ll get to it soon.
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks sorry to hear that. If in doubt pick it out. I just pick off diseased leaves to reduce innoculum, but it you have to make a judgement.

Thats great you can get it now. Yeah people can just order it in. Its biologial too, thats funny the government is always in the way of things.

Would Epsom salt spray be good. Some people use that to control foliar disease on tomato, and I think Revegetta said he uses it.

I still wouldn't want to spray anything on the flowers if at all possible. Medicine should be pure. Smoke should be clean. :smoke:

therevverend

Veteran
I just opened up a new OUTDOOR EVERYWHERE thread for 2023. It's up to you 40 deg if you want to move to the 2023 or finish documenting your crop here. There's good reasons either way, might be nice to keep it all in one place. Your Blackdog looks great! Hope she comes through for you. It seems like down south you folks have a lot to deal with, humidity, fungus, and all sorts of pests. 2022 I lucked into fantastic weather. Hopefully there's sun in your near future.

Here's what my garden looks like at the moment.

View media item 18708360
Not great. Hoping to fix that soon.

Rushoe818

1st two is the TK clone pregnant with a og x white fire male from my home made cross tk x og x wf .I found one photo of the male you can also see the wedding cake in background for small batch seeds for the head . Next is og x Whitefire og f1 male . Next is a close up of the pregnant wedding cake and Next is white master also pregnant 🤰 this was about 5 years ago give or take.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-204646_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-204646_Gallery.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20190913-204533_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-204533_Gallery.jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20190913-204407_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-204407_Gallery.jpg
    946.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20190913-204313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-204313_Gallery.jpg