What's new

Anyone have any regrets?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Missing my chance with a girl I had a thing for a couple years ago. She was obviously interested, but sometimes I get a little shy around the ladies. Probably one of the biggest fuck ups of my life. Haven't really been interested in dating since....

I've found that going for it is more interesting. Really committing to the dating thing. When you aren't interested, life is stable but lonely. Actually trying, life is interesting and full of drama. Life has happiness along with disappointment. It also comes with lots of sex, which doesn't happen if you don't try.

Dating also comes with the possibility of a happy ending. Long term, I mean.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
20/20 hindsight? Yes. Regrets? None.

20/20 hindsight? Yes. Regrets? None.

Observations from another old fucker (I am north of 60). I have done a lot in my life--both good and bad. But no regrets here. Perhaps a few things I might have "done differently"...but that is normal. Its called "20/20 hindsight".

Did I hurt people? Yes...but it was usually it was to help those that could not help themselves. Not everyone has the ability/willingness to stand up for themselves.

Do I piss people off? Yes...but that is the way I roll (its a bitch being "more right" than "wrong" when it comes to critical things).

Do I live life constantly looking over my shoulder? No. I am at peace with my past.

What would I have done differently?

Hmmm when I was around 8, I was one of those goofy kids that found all things electronics to be "easy" and built a working electronic workshop where I fixed tvs, radios, phonographs, amplifiers, etc. By the time I was 10 I had all the gadgets (no silver spoon here--I worked, earned $ and bought what I needed) from a jumbo oscilloscope and several meters, tube testers, loads of spare parts and a goodly inventory of resistors, capacitors, tube sockets, and stacks of chassis parts from older tv/stereo/phonograph consoles. I was in business before I was 12 years old.

Even in high school I made a pretty coin by modifying guitar amplifiers so they could "play louder". A simple preamp gizmo that required greater amount of voltage than "normal"--causing tubes to blow after a few hours of use. The tubes were $2-4 each, and were easily replaced...but boy, did it boost the amplification to almost twice. Pretty good deal for my guitar playing friends! Parts were less than $10 and I charged $25-50...or a lid of pot.

Instead of going the techy geeky electronic route in life--I chose the entrepreneur route and made stacks of cash both early and later in life.

I occasionally wonder where I would be today had I gone the techy geeky route instead. Any regrets? Nope...just a few "wonders".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
regrets? sure, have a few. partook of a couple of ladies i wish i had not. missed out on even more that i wish i had dawdled with. fucked over a couple of buddies decades ago that i still have waking nightmares about. they are gone now, no way to balance the scales. :frown: you do not realize how fragile a marriage can be until you are married. some are stronger, some are weaker. none of them are bullet-proof. i would sleep better & feel better about myself as a person if i had turned down a few opportunities earlier in life...youth is fleeting, experience is painful, & wisdom comes too late to matter.:comfort:

shithawk420

Veteran
i honestly cant think of a thing i dont regret.i got my own saying.The person with the least regrets in the end wins.pretty ironic huh?

7thson

Starting a paper route when I was 10 or 11.You not only delivered the paper,you also collected the money.The customers never paid me,so I quit.

F

FreeUrMind

I have regret not following a better path in my life, but i am trying to better my life its never too late

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
If one dies at 100...then I suggest two concepts that kinda make sense and keeps an old fucker like me always thinking ahead:

1. Age will also equal percent of life consumed. Say I am 50, then I lived 50% and have 50% ahead of me. If I am 25...then I have consumed only 25% of my life.

2. The first part of life is a development period where we grow and learn...say the first 20 years or so. The last part of life is more about reflection, winding things down and trying to squeeze another day away from the grim reaper....say the last 20 years or so (80+). Let's see...100 minus 20 minus 20 = 60. Hmmm, that means about 60 years or 60% of one's life is where we apply what we learned and do things to make $$$...aka "production years".

Hence...you are never to old to try something new...it just might make a difference.

Like...how many of us do 10 pushups each day...every morning? Back in "the day" (when I wore an Army uniform) it was easy to accumulate 400-500 pushups each day--usually we had to do 25 in less than 30 seconds...if not, then another 25 was added for "punishment". Shit...I barely knocked out 10 pushups within 30 seconds this morning...lol.

Getting old is a bitch, but can also be fun...since no one likes to fuck with a "grouchy old man"...lol. It pays to be "grouchy" sometimes. But you always gotta be "nice".

Floridian

Veteran
I'm closing in on 60 fast and I mean real fast.It's amazing to me just how fast.For some reason the older you get,the faster the years fly by.When I was a teen or in my twenties,a year seemed like a pretty long time,now it flies by so fast it's ridiculous.Five years in your fifties feels like a year or so in your twenties

Gry

Veteran
Did not get along so well with my pop until I was past 30. Sure do wish it could have been sooner.

Stan G.

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

I couldn't have put it better myself! With a little forethought, life should have no regrets.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes Stan G....I should have credited Old Blue Eyes (Frank Sinatra) with that post, the words are so enthralling.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I do but they are very few.

I decided at twenty to ask myself one and only one question for the rest of my life.

Will I regret this more than an alternative?

It has helped tremendously.

Being scared of money is the only regrettable trait I still repeat.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I regret - not taking that redhead up on her offer (from the carpet place I worked at many, many years ago). I was single, she wasn't - the electricity between us was palpable & the flirtation was on high. Xmas party, she was dressed to kill, gave me the full on "drive me home and f*ck me". I didn't.

#KickingMyOwnAssEverSince #ItWouldaBeenEpic #SheWasHot #LustyRedheadsRuleMyDreams