What's new

Anyone ever see any Ace or CBG strains at the dispensaries?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I know recreational dispensaries suck. I'm not arguing that. I'm just curious if anyone ever sees any of these breeders' strains in them. How about just anything on the landrace side of things? All I ever see are a bunch of strains that are all basically the same thing: some derivative of OG. Whether it's cookies, or chem, or OG x's, all dispensariess seem to sell the same strains.

I'm guessing the medical scene is where the quality is. Because Colorado's recreational scene is laughable. It's a good thing I'm almost at harvest again for the first time since I moved across country. Because fuck dispensaries. (I will at least admit that they sell cheap product, and it carried me through this time of personal drought, but damn, I've bought cartel weed that's better than a lot of the crap I see).

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i recently went through the same thing, going to dispensaries in northern california and not liking almost any of the bud, with the exception of 1 grower.
seriously people are greedy and don't care about quality, nor do they care about things that aren't the "IT" strains. no real sativas or anything close to it. and everything is overpriced, i feel like such a sucker when i go to these places.

so true, weed i got on the east coast illegally was on par way better then this shit they are selling.

end rant haha gotta go tend to my malawi plants so i can end my sativa hunger.

edit: oops just saw this is in the colorado section, but i'm guessing it's the same here and there.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a chance...

Nobody wants to grow a long flowering plant for this joke of a scene! That would seriously cut into profits!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Not a chance...

Nobody wants to grow a long flowering plant for this joke of a scene! That would seriously cut into profits!

You can get more yield out of Haze Hybrids than you can out of OG Kush in roughly the same time

It seems crazy to me that in the legal world there that you cannot reliably get guaranteed clones or top quality weed... on tap

MountZionCollec

I will have cannabiogen available commercially in northern Cali from this year on. they will be available at 1-2 dispensary in Sacramento or the Bay. Anyone into super sativas can buy them directly from me if your a patient and located near me. I have 7 Punto Rosa fems, 14 Panama females, 20 destroyers looking for the best females to run commercially based majoritively on terpinoid/cannabinoid content. In tne same hoophouse I have9 fems skunkmans mixed seeds*haze and 33 unsexed Thai*haze*skunk.

Hmm yeah or we would have a couple haze hybrids in flower. Thing is everything got cut down at once, so they ended up being beasters.

Oh and we only flushed for THREE days. So we had harsh, low potency, seedy as fuck so more weight bonus(genetics and stress related.

But that doesn't matter because all the boss cared about was his bonus.

Saw two HUNDRED pounds of sugar leaf thrown away because e-20 contamination.

Saw my boss lie through his teeth to the department of Ag about dumping epa registered pesticides own the drain (illegal)

Saw potency results kept only at the highest mark, this batch of OG only got to 23%? Its gonna be labeled as 28%.

Saw super resistant two spotted mites, pyrethrum, azadiractin and sulphur at high concentrations just bought time.

I would love to see those in dispensaries. Sorry for the rant. They love money more than ganja.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Part of my family just left Steamboat Springs today. They said the best part of the cannabis seen was some of the T-shirts. So I sent them pictures of some plants I harvested while they were gone.https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=380549&stc=1&d=1475442586 This is a Golden Tiger bud from Ace Seeds. (Malawi x Zamal) 100% sativa. There will always be crappy weed around in every State. To many people are willing to settle for Bud Light and McDonalds low quality. Corporate (large growers) only care about quantity not quality. I don't know the guys name off hand. The biggest dispensary owner in southern California. 60 Minutes was doing a special on his stores. He opened the vault where they keep their weed. There was only three large tubs of pot in the room. But yet they showed a ton of different strains available. It's all a crock... They are getting the same garbage under a different label. Most buyers don't know or even care. WOW I bought ( Cookie Dough OG Crunch bla, bla, bla). No you bought nuked hydro garbage with no flush or cure. Then the crystals were beaten off the buds so they could make edibles and more money. Ok I'm done ranting. I don't need the spike in blood pressure. Grow your own Colorado. Go to Ace seeds and buy some Honduras or Orient Express. Big yields and the quality is worth the 2 to 3 week extra time you waited. Peace:tiphat:

Attachments

• oopy 001.jpg
    oopy 001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 27
M

meowmeowmeow

No matter what you think .... it's true the best bud in your opinion and heart will be yours.

Now I don't know what standards you guys have, but I've found some dank ass bud in dispensaries in the Denver Metro area along with Boulder too. FYI I don't buy the $100 OZs either. :joint:

I grow organic and have to say I've smoked plenty of good bud here.

Now finding a true CBD rich strain ..... you'll have to search. I give can suggestions if you have a medical card. I have been to a shitload over the 2 onths I have been here.

I don't listen to people's opinions until I visit a dispensary also.

Sorry for my ignorance.......you'll probably see a lot more variety at the dispensaries after Jan 1........so you may find your ACE or CBG products.

Last edited: