What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else roll like this?

420PyRoS

I put way more weed in the paper. So much that the glue edge barely overlaps the paper on the other side. A big, huge stogie. So even though a whole paper is being smoked, each individual toke has a lower paper to weed ratio than the reverse roll with less weed and some paper removed. You would have to smoke 3 of those joints to equal one of my joints. So you would have 3 papers - the 3 small strips of paper removed. And that would be more paper than 1 whole paper.

I can roll a joint with one hand while driving a car.

In college I wrote an essay entitled, "How to roll a joint in a tree on your wallet". I got a B+.
I usually like to stuff my paper also but lately I don't get much time to smoke them all without being beckoned by wife and kids lol

One hand rolling is pretty epic imo.
Funny essay man, love to read it 😆 🤣

420PyRoS

Hey man, Hendrix played his guitar upside down and with the wrong hand and the guy is still one of the most highly regarded guitarists.

I had to give it a go and it didn't seem that weird, I still rolled a decent J, but the licking of the glue seemed awkward.

I bet it works a different part of your brain, screw learning a new language, just roll a joint backwards...
That's hilarious you mention that. I used to try and play guitar in my younger years and was so amazed by Hendrix, I dabbled learning to play the electric behind the back of my head upside-down. I used my regular hand though. I was just as good as holding in front, but I'm not really great at guitar at all. I learned in classical guitar by notes. Got really good at arpeggio, but I can't read tabs if my life depended on it. I've tried and tried 😆 🤣

Cuddles

So, for damn near half my life, all my pals made fun of the way I roll joints. I guess most ppl roll with the glue side with your fingers. I do the opposite, I have the glue side on my thumbs while my index fingers hold the paper. I'll roll my thumbs up while rolling with my fingers down, and reverse back and forth to make the roll.

Anyone else do this? I can roll stellar joints so no worries there. Just curious if it's just me 😆

if your rolls are really that great then this just proves that reverse psychology works on weed too ;)

grayeyes

Lol, you guys are complaining about your joints but when you get a chance look for a youtube video with David Crosby, a noted stoner. He uses TWO papers to roll a joint. Must taste like paper.

Digit

backrolling ftw. less paper, more taste.
(though yellow rizla, soak up more taste, so i dont backroll those ~ and they tend to burst when backrolled anyway)

real backrolling, as several have shown in this thread.
not merely as op did.
420PyRoS, just need have the gum face down, rather than up, and you're backrolling. :) ... though i wonder... with your backwards style of rolling, if you backroll, do you have the gum facing down on the far-side rather than near-side? n_n

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
yeah i roll over 2 decardes like that inside out its much better from taste side and less paper as member before me says too

moose eater

Never heard of that one.

Over 40 years ago, however, a person showed me how to roll better while driving, without spilling so much.

They made a standard common fold at the bottom of the paper, to form the 'pouch' into which the weed is placed, but at the ends, crimped in a small triangular fold, like an old-style coin purse, to prevent the weed from trailing out the ends while twisting. And back then the smoke tended to be a lot more crumbly than what we grow today, so having it fall out the ends, especially while driving, was a relatively routine experience.

I've been rolling that way ever since. Triangular crimps at the sides of the corners of the bottom of the 'pouch.'

But never backward..

And some of the comments in this thread are HILARIOUS. Thanks!! Good stuff!!

Last edited:

Ca++

Cost of living crisis. Wasting paper is for the rich. Have to roll inside-out and burn off the excess for heating.

One point not made, is that we don't wet the rizla and then stick it. Instead, you roll it dry, which allows for some positioning. Then wet the sticky, actually through the bit it's to stick to.

I always fold back the excess then burn it off. Maybe once put a hole in a J, when it was not stuck down properly.

Digit

"and burn off the excess for heating"

Oh, and speaking as an asthmatic, the benefits of smoking less paper, are insultingly ruined and worse, when burning the excess. Burning that much paper at once, likely to induce an asthma attack, or at least cause some constriction, which would even impede doing breathing techniques for warmth, so would be double counter productive.

I always rip off my backroll excesses,
and usually while it's still wet from being licked.

moose eater

I typically roll a fat enough single-paper joint (using either the super-thin Canadian 'Element' papers, or, most often, the thinnest white Zigzag papers) that there's not a lot of excess paper at all.

And with just my wife and I smoking (no sharing of pipes or joints for years now, so as to not share any pathogens with strangers), that joint may get re-lit several times or more.

goingrey

I typically roll a fat enough single-paper joint (using either the super-thin Canadian 'Element' papers, or, most often, the thinnest white Zigzag papers) that there's not a lot of excess paper at all.

And with just my wife and I smoking (no sharing of pipes or joints for years now, so as to not share any pathogens with strangers), that joint may get re-lit several times or more.
Pretty sure that Elements are made in Spain by an American company.

But I agree that the inside out excess paper benefit is only valid if the paper was too wide for the joint you're rolling to begin with. I used to cut off the excess before rolling sometimes, back when I still smoked a lot of joints. Outside in.

moose eater

Pretty sure that Elements are made in Spain by an American company.

But I agree that the inside out excess paper benefit is only valid if the paper was too wide for the joint you're rolling to begin with. I used to cut off the excess before rolling sometimes, back when I still smoked a lot of joints. Outside in.
I found that the 'Element' papers I bought in Northern Alberta several years prior (White Court, Alberta?), and the 'Element' papers I bought here in Alaska were (disappointingly) 2 different papers/products. Seriously. In fact, in retrospect, I believe that the 'Element' papers in NW Canada were a ZigZag product, but I can't swear to that at this time. (Similar, but not the same at all).

Reactions: Gry

goingrey

I found that the 'Element' papers I bought in Northern Alberta several years prior (White Court, Alberta?), and the 'Element' papers I bought here in Alaska were (disappointingly) 2 different papers/products. Seriously. In fact, in retrospect, I believe that the 'Element' papers in NW Canada were a ZigZag product, but I can't swear to that at this time. (Similar, but not the same at all).
Hmm seems you're right there is a paper brand also called Element without the "s" (how can that be legal?). Never heard of them though not surprising as they only started in September 2021. The papers are made in France (like Zig-Zags, could even be from the same factory) but the company itself (Element Can LLC) is from Florida.

moose eater

Hmm seems you're right there is a paper brand also called Element without the "s" (how can that be legal?). Never heard of them though not surprising as they only started in September 2021. The papers are made in France (like Zig-Zags, could even be from the same factory) but the company itself (Element Can LLC) is from Florida.
The Alberta-sourced 'Element' papers were acquired several years ago when I was bringing my wife's newly acquired car up from Arizona.

The more disappointing (somewhat thicker) 'Element' papers (again, 'similar' in appearance) I bought up here in Alaska, were acquired at least a year or more after that, and were a let-down.

Next trip to the Yukon Territory, B.C., or Alberta, I'll want to stock up, though such items in the vehicle at the borders, if viewed, can often act as a green light for treatment that otherwise wouldn't occur.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Rolling by hand is cool until you can't see your fingertips past your arthritic knuckles. Then it's even cooler because wasting time and effort is what pot growers love, I've gathered. That's why we soak a carton of expensive egg shells in vinegar instead of a few cents of chalk. Waste is cool. Not just time but money. The cannabis grower way. Buy the most expensive papers you can, even though no one has ever been able to identify in a blind test. Man I'm getting good at growing weed.

goingrey

Buy the most expensive papers you can, even though no one has ever been able to identify in a blind test
That is just total nonsense. Maybe similar thickness paper from similar pulp might be difficult to identify in a blind test but you don't need to be a super taster to notice a difference between different thickness, and different materials. And even if that were the case there would still be differences in how it stays lit, ease of rolling, if it sticks to your lip...

Most expensive papers would be the Shine gold papers. $11/paper (yes, just one, cheaper to roll with a ten-dollar bill).