What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone doing cold alcohol extraction to make tincture

Tincandtoke

Hi
Just a request to the moderators
​​​​​Could you remove this thread
This project has caused me too much grief and I need to stop the trolls
It is beyond ridiculous
Just trying to make some edibles for sick people
I cannot believe the hate
It is imperative this thread be removed
Please and thank you

Tincandtoke

Have to keep trying!
Please could I have this thread removed
I started this project because of an ill family member (cancer) who could not smoke/vape
The product was the result of trying every carrier we could think of for oral ingestion
The simple syrup was just an example for an introduction to molecular gastronomy
Since the video was finished it has been nothing but a nightmare of people who may know something (but probably not) picking it apart
Its about molecular gastronomy not the syrup but the jerks focus on the wrong point and instead attack the syrup which exposes them as just horrible people who are only posting to be negative
The syrup is not a dead end but a small example of what can be done with a cold alcohol extraction
I posted on several sites and thoroughly regret it
Please if any moderator reads this take the thread down and spare me anymore anguish
These A-holes will eventually make it here
Please, it has been a rough year

Tincandtoke

I have been doing what you stated above for about 15 months without the hash
This is flower only extraction method, it was meant to include everyone even if you could only get flower or relied on your grow but could only put small amounts towards edibles
This method gets easier as you go up the ladder using hash, rosin and other concentrates

People bashed me on the carrier and not the process
This is about nano emulsion and bioavailability
The smaller the cannabis oil droplets the better the dispersion and the whole thing is held in suspension with the gums
This should make it more bioavailable from my miniscule bit of understanding of the research
With the simple syrup you can take an immersion blender and really disperse the cannabis oil
The syrup will be thick but fluid and can be thinned to desired consistency within reason

Can you get the same kind of dispersion and suspension with honey/agave/glycerine?
I hope so but have to test and my research on the honey seems to leave you with a whipped end product thats not fluid but that's with one attempt

Its typically not folks who respond to the thread that are an issue but folks who read their posts and get to you through messaging and email
People who post to the thread are usually just bored and backhand you but occasionally they can derail the thread
This is a lot of unknown so I could have been better at posting but inexperience got me

Just a note, if you are doing carbon filtering the celite really helps to remove the carbon and give you a nice clean slightly tinted tincture

But removing this thread would be best until I work out wrinkles
​​​​​​
Remember this is about nano emulsion and bioavailability

Tincandtoke

You only need a coffee filter for rough ice hash, so it’s pretty universal. Certainly easier than carbon. As for a carrier, maple syrup seems like a better consistency. You could also dilute honey or any syrup that’s too thick.

I get what you are saying but it is not about the carrier
It is about nano emulsion and bioavailability
Small droplets of cannabis oil in the solution that may be easier to absorb

DenverJim

Adding alcohol tincture to any non solvent causes it to principate out of solution. Even in 80 proof vodka. 10 g of dry sift in 50 ml of grain @ 1 ml dose is fine It does burn. i have tried dissolving tincture in a small amt of hot coconut oil TO CHECK FOR DECARB. The resin still clumps in a ball.