What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Perhaps I've burned out sources of helpful input or teaching of methods.

I've never purposefully decarbed cannabis, hash, or oil; time did that all by itself... So I'll be looking further into that.

Getting the suppository molds and cacao butter ordered at the moment, with everything else either on the way, or here already.

Re-read the posts in this thread from last year during the wee night hours last evening, and picked up some hopeful and helpful information I'd parked in the more gray area of my brain... Refreshing information is good now and again.

Currently shot full of radioactive isotopes, waiting to return to town for them to light me up on the screen like a Halloween skeleton; a timely image, I guess, with Halloween being all of 8 days away.

So, headlong into what ever it is to be done. I'll be chewing broccoli sprouts and shoving THC, etc., suppositories up my southern regions in a short while. The indicators, while not conclusively 100% in all cases, are that these additional actions, along with the conventional course, are fairly effective for many persons. We'll see what my Karma and fortune scores are with the Cosmos, I guess.

**Note, along with the other 'disabilities' of renewing my membership at ICMag, I additionally cannot see who leaves me rep or messages attached to that rep. If I'm here long enough to conquer the hoops to getting to those ends, some of that may change, assuming the information isn't buried by then by incoming rep, etc.

Anyway, to those anonymous (for now) persons, thanks. I appreciate it.

Humorous stories from the earlier venturing into the imaging center this A.M., but I'll leave those alone for now. Other than to say that no matter which way a person turns, if they listen or look more closely, the Cosmos wears a big grin a lot of the time. Just have to be in the right frame of mind to see, hear, or appreciate it.

G

Perhaps I've burned out sources of helpful input or teaching of methods.

I've never purposefully decarbed cannabis, hash, or oil; time did that all by itself... So I'll be looking further into that.

Getting the suppository molds and cacao butter ordered at the moment, with everything else either on the way, or here already.

Re-read the posts in this thread from last year during the wee night hours last evening, and picked up some hopeful and helpful information I'd parked in the more gray area of my brain... Refreshing information is good now and again.

Currently shot full of radioactive isotopes, waiting to return to town for them to light me up on the screen like a Halloween skeleton; a timely image, I guess, with Halloween being all of 8 days away.

So, headlong into what ever it is to be done. I'll be chewing broccoli sprouts and shoving THC, etc., suppositories up my southern regions in a short while. The indicators, while not conclusively 100% in all cases, are that these additional actions, along with the conventional course, are fairly effective for many persons. We'll see what my Karma and fortune scores are with the Cosmos, I guess.

**Note, along with the other 'disabilities' of renewing my membership at ICMag, I additionally cannot see who leaves me rep or messages attached to that rep. If I'm here long enough to conquer the hoops to getting to those ends, some of that may change, assuming the information isn't buried by then by incoming rep, etc.

Anyway, to those anonymous (for now) persons, thanks. I appreciate it.

Humorous stories from the earlier venturing into the imaging center this A.M., but I'll leave those alone for now. Other than to say that no matter which way a person turns, if they listen or look more closely, the Cosmos wears a big grin a lot of the time. Just have to be in the right frame of mind to see, hear, or appreciate it.

And as stated earlier in this thread, multipole times, recently and not, I've always relied on passive evaporation in an enclosed porch during summer to rid ISO oil of solvent... So, devising a method to evaporate solvent with heat, in a safe manner, during winter, is going to require some creativity.:)

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
And as stated earlier in this thread, multipole times, recently and not, I've always relied on passive evaporation in an enclosed porch during summer to rid ISO oil of solvent... So, devising a method to evaporate solvent with heat, in a safe manner, during winter, is going to require some creativity.:)

Indeed it does.

DSCF7529.jpg

When I was broke, I recaptured the ethanol with a home made still. Worked pretty well.

Learned that you can not get 99% with a still.

Moisture in the air keeps it <140 proof, (70%). Used desiccated rock salt to get it to 180 proof. Best I could do.

Then switched to ISO. Got tired of dealing with the water after the recapture and found an inexpensive source of 99% at a vet. supply site.
Now I just boil it off. Anything that involves heat gets done outdoors only.

On decarboxylation;
It's true that cannabinoids decarb at room temperature, but it is extremely slow, we are talking years. Even at 212° F. it takes many hours. Too many.

Even with suppositories the THC-a molecule is too large to pass through the blood/brain barrier. The CO2 needs to be cooked off to make it medically active. and the smaller molecule transits the intestinal wall more readily.

And disregard the misinformation about anal dosing bypassing the liver.
It does no such thing. The only difference with that method is waste.

Inserted anally, very little gets absorbed. Most gets pooped out. :moon:

Oral dosing is much more efficient. the oil gets emulsified in the stomach and small intestine making it more available in the large intestine.
And adding a little lecithin will allow more emulsification and hence more absorption. RSO is way too pricey to waste,

As for packing and foil;
I pack it loosely and quadruple the foil. Then squish it around the threads.

If you use a lid, it will vacuum lock when the temp, and pressure drop. Had to drill a hole in my first attempt to get the jar open. :)

I'll give this a rest now until you are ready to proceed, yah?
Aloha,
Wee

G

Indeed it does.

View attachment 551051

When I was broke, I recaptured the ethanol with a home made still. Worked pretty well.

Moisture in the air keeps it <140 proof, (70%). Used desiccated rock salt to get it to 180 proof. Best I could do.

Then switched to ISO. Got tired of dealing with the water after the recapture and found an inexpensive source of 99% at a vet. supply site.

On decarboxylation;
It's true that cannabinoids decarb at room temperature, but it is extremely slow, we are talking years. Even at 212° F. it takes many hours. Too many.

Even with suppositories the THC-a molecule is too large to pass through the blood/brain barrier. The CO2 needs to be cooked off to make it medically active. and the smaller molecule transits the intestinal wall more readily.

Oral dosing is much more efficient. the oil gets emulsified in the stomach and small intestine making it more available in the large intestine.
And adding a little lecithin will allow more emulsification and hence more absorption. RSO is way too pricey to waste,

As for packing and foil;

If you use a lid, it will vacuum lock when the temp, and pressure drop. Had to drill a hole in my first attempt to get the jar open. :)

Aloha,
Wee

Thanks Weez,

So you're saying with confidence that the assertions of others that the cannabinoids are available at 85% in suppository form, versus 35% ingested orally, is disproven??

Almost sorry to read that, assuming it's true, as the other benefit I'd read re. suppositories is the lessening of the psychoactive effects, and knowing that serious dosing each day with oil, may well leave me less productive than I already am.

That, and the fact that I might've saved the money for the suppository molds and cacao butter chips... Maybe some other use will be found...

Last question on that issue; when you referenced the 160mg (or 180 mg?) dosage as showing better results in your experience than the higher dosages typically stated re. RSO, were you talking 160mg/180mg per dose, or per day, cumulatively?

Thanks.

Any area used to cook off alcohol would be best heated -somehow- here this time of year, though I know from experience with both gasoline AND Iso, that both evaporate, even in extreme cold, with no real heat source; it just takes longer (we routinely use 99% Iso in our fuel systems for a variety of purposes, and the cooling effects of the alcohol are readily experienced on fingers in serious cold..)..

That said, I could try cooking outdoors, with no significant enclosure, and strictly rely on the temperatures of the oil and cooking apparatus to cause the accelerated evaporation. But I know in advance that the induction cook-top's reported temp, and the oil's temp, will be measurably/significantly different in such a circumstance. Even at the current lows of +10 f., and highs of just below +20 f. to +30 f., there will be a significant disparity between the cooking surface and the temp of the oil.

Maybe cook a bit hotter surface temp, to bring the oil temp up??

Somewhat distant neighbors already know that I grill, etc., all winter long, so it shouldn't cause too much attention...

Anyway, thanks again.

G

Thanks Gry, much appreciated. I'll spend some time with that.

Reading at IC last night, in one of Ringodoggie's threads re. decarbing, it was clear that extended times and temps were not helpful, though initially they had been perceived to be.

Seems like another area where there's still disagreement at times between well-versed persons re. what the best procedure is, let alone for someone like myself who has never done this in any purposeful manner.

I guess the inherent learning curve will not become less steep any time soon..

"And so it goes...":tiphat:

G

Indeed it does.

View attachment 551051

On decarboxylation;

As for packing and foil;

Aloha,
Wee

I meant to reiterate that I have a somewhat sizable amount of whole flower, heat-pressed brown/gold rosin here that I can use for ingestion, short of having my own more fresh oil ready to go.

Some of the rosin has been frozen for a couple months, and some has been at room temp (70 f to 72 f) in a jelly jar. So if you're able to clarify your statement bout dosage (i.e., daily 160-180, versus per dose), I can find a way to get it down, and can likely get empty capsules in town for oral ingestion, as well as a good probability of obtaining lecithin from one of the health food stores.

(*I need to stop by and pick up some strainer lids for sprouting broccoli seeds, anyway, so it'll be a dual purpose trip).

Thanks.

G

Might be worth looking into Fauna Mana,, developed by Dr Robert Faust, fulvic pioneer

Thanks. I looked him up, and will be reading his various links from the Mana Life Laboratory later today.

Never considered fulvic acid for anything other than the plants, but, who knows?

OkThen

Hey m.e,

I heard of some folks using a coffee cup warmer with a heat resistant container to concentrate, I haven't tried it myself, seems like an simple way to go. Wondering if it will decarb as well.

Great to see you here !!

G

Hey m.e,

I heard of some folks using a coffee cup warmer with a heat resistant container to concentrate, I haven't tried it myself, seems like an simple way to go. Wondering if it will decarb as well.

Great to see you here !!

Hey, OK!! Long time since we communicated!! I trust you're getting by as well as can be expected? Any positive news in your dx recently?

I'll probably be needing more quantity than what it sounds like the coffee cup method might produce, but who knows??

I guess we might want to start a club of some sort now?? Crusty Alaskans rejected by the Cosmos, seeking relief from inner medical turmoil or something like that. :laughing:

Lots of mayhem in the news over the last several weeks, form down in your neighborhood on the KP.

We're into winter here, whether I want to be, or am ready to be, or not.

If there were a better place to be, more home-like to my memory (hard to undo 42 years of familiarity), I'd be there. Every place has drawbacks. But I know I've burned out on the setting in, and mid-way weather of Interior winters. Just no place else to be for now.. Maybe I could camp out in the Mojave for a while, and post the radioactive warning signs with bright yellow triangles, or maybe skulls and cross-bones around my camp, in hopes folks would leave me alone...

But I don't care for poisonous critters, either, so.... here I is...

G

A local health foods outlet has empty capsules, lecithin, and strainer lids for sprouting seeds in jars, so I'm off for town, and now have everything I need to begin orally dosing.

Dabbling in suppositories can begin once the molds and cacao butter chips are here.

So... I guess.... here I go...

OkThen

Got a promising scan the last round, Still working out the side effects of the meds, rice seems to help.

Iv been packing 00 caps with partiality decarbed herb mixed with a bit of vinegar, vit c powder and emulsifier. Gotta let it dry a couple of days before putting in caps otherwise they get soggy. Seems to work well, the vinegar and vit c complete the decarb in a few days.

I was wishing for a sunny beach on a less populated Pacific isle, but don't think it will happen this year. :/
First snow about a week ago brrrrrr

G

Got a promising scan the last round, Still working out the side effects of the meds, rice seems to help.

Iv been packing 00 caps with partiality decarbed herb mixed with a bit of vinegar, vit c powder and emulsifier. Gotta let it dry a couple of days before putting in caps otherwise they get soggy. Seems to work well, the vinegar and vit c complete the decarb in a few days.

I was wishing for a sunny beach on a less populated Pacific isle, but don't think it will happen this year. :/
First snow about a week ago brrrrrr

I figured long ago that all sunny south pacific Islands worth constructing a yurt on were taken by the limited Powers that Be, and doubly so if they had any valuable minerals near by.

Glad your scans are coming back better. Must be some relief in that!!:peacock:

Hadn't considered combining supplements with cannabis oil, and not sure of what I might add wouldn't detract from the action provided by the extracts.

Currently taking D3 in relatively heavy amount, alpha lipoic acid, C (from bioflavonoids), zinc, magnesium, E, B-12, and a prostate health pill that looks like Darth Vader's death capsule might <black and large> with more zinc, saw palmetto, and other stuff in it (thought about writing them a humorous complaint letter, and demanding a refund :laughing:).

So what would a club of curmudgeonly Alaskans with cancer, who imbibe herb like never before, in more ways than previously thought possible, call itself? There's GOT to be a good club name, right??

Another project...

G

Curmudgeons of the Great White North

I don't want to infringe on the 2 brothers from Canada, Doug, and what's his name. We'll continue working on it, maybe? :)

Meanwhile, having a healthy sense of skepticism, and full-time cynical perspective, we delved further into yesum's post re. sprouted broccoli seeds and the related video, researching on-line, especially from credible, accepted, medical sources.

And.... WebMD, for a starting place, notes the correlations attributed to sprouted broccoli seeds referenced in the video, and, as is common in the science community, states "more research is needed" to be more certain of any causality in the claimed results..

Another site, Healthline (??) went on to state that chewing the sprouts well, helps to activate the enzyme, or what ever the compound is in reference, and the desired/identified item in the sprouted seeds is further activated by ground yellow mustard powder, which we commonly use here in spicing our curry, and sometimes in Chinese dishes, as well as a good old-fashioned sharp cheddar macaroni and cheese dish (though I no longer partake of such things in the way I once might've, due to carbohydrate content and cheese being a 'meat' or animal protein, which, again, cancer reportedly thrives on)....

So the money spent on getting back into sprouting seeds for consumption seems well spent, following tonight's limited research.

It was after the research that I recalled some capsules of cannabis extract in olive oil that were gifted to me several years back, and have since been in a VERY cold freezer, in a quart jar with a tight lid, with a hodge-podge of left-over bags of harvest dregs of my own weed from years gone by. There appears to be maybe 6 (or so) capsules in the baggie, so without getting all gummy with the heat-pressed rosin I have on-hand already, I'll begin my ingestion of cannabis oil tonight, with someone else's product, and no knowledge, what so ever, of the strain(s) involved.

But, "something is better than nothing," more often than not.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran

Mahalo Gry.
Same graph I used for decarbing in the oven

Problem with this one is translation to the real world. It was generated by placing high purity THC-a on a sheet of glass.

Raw buds are a different animal, but it does give us a place to start, yah?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Thanks Weez,

So you're saying with confidence that the assertions of others that the cannabinoids are available at 85% in suppository form, versus 35% ingested orally, is disproven??

Yes, that is what I am saying. Our liver produces gall.
The gall is stored in, oddly enough, the gall bladder.
When we eat fats, or resins, the gall bladder squirts in enough bile to emulsify those lipids.
If it did not, they would remain large globs.

Digestive enzymes will only work on the surface of the globs and that is slow enough that they are eliminated before they can be fully absorbed by the body.
Anal insertion will get you less high, because most of it is wasted. Flushed down the tubes.

Now, If you pre-emulsify the oil with lecithin, (I used an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to get them to mix), and used very small suppositories, (less surface area), and you retain it for say, 12 hours, it may all get absorbed.
But know this, if it does, and it's fully decarbed, you will get very high indeed.
Just ask Tommy Chong. He has a great story about that.

Almost sorry to read that, assuming it's true, as the other benefit I'd read re. suppositories is the lessening of the psychoactive effects, and knowing that serious dosing each day with oil, may well leave me less productive than I already am.

No worries, with the proper dosage, more than enough is too much, and once per day at bedtime, you will be able to function. Um, I'd better add that a few hours before bedtime is advised. If I pop a cap after 8 pm it's a groggy morning for the first hour or so.

That, and the fact that I might've saved the money for the suppository molds and cacao butter chips... Maybe some other use will be found... :)

Last question on that issue; when you referenced the 160mg (or 180 mg?) dosage as showing better results in your experience than the higher dosages typically stated re. RSO, were you talking 160mg/180mg per dose, or per day, cumulatively?

Per dose. One dose per day. And I'm finding that 120- 140 mg. works for my 90 Kg. butt. About 1.4 mg. per Kg.
Of course dosage will vary with the strength of your oil.

Thanks.

Any area used to cook off alcohol would be best heated -somehow- here this time of year, though I know from experience with both gasoline AND Iso, that both evaporate, even in extreme cold, with no real heat source; it just takes longer (we routinely use 99% Iso in our fuel systems for a variety of purposes, and the cooling effects of the alcohol are readily experienced on fingers in serious cold..)..

That said, I could try cooking outdoors, with no significant enclosure, and strictly rely on the temperatures of the oil and cooking apparatus to cause the accelerated evaporation. But I know in advance that the induction cook-top's reported temp, and the oil's temp, will be measurably/significantly different in such a circumstance. Even at the current lows of +10 f., and highs of just below +20 f. to +30 f., there will be a significant disparity between the cooking surface and the temp of the oil.

Maybe cook a bit hotter surface temp, to bring the oil temp up??

The beauty of the induction plate is that the heat is generated magnetically right into the bottom of the pan. (you do have to use an induction kine pan). Aluminum will not work, Cast iron is good, quality stainless works, crappy stainless does not. You can check it with a magnet.

And I use an IR thermometer directly on the oil surface. Just point and read. They are surprisingly inexpensive.

Somewhat distant neighbors already know that I grill, etc., all winter long, so it shouldn't cause too much attention...

Anyway, thanks again.

No charge brother. I've been where you are now.:huggg:

Aloha,
Wee

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I meant to reiterate that I have a somewhat sizable amount of whole flower, heat-pressed brown/gold rosin here that I can use for ingestion, short of having my own more fresh oil ready to go.

Some of the rosin has been frozen for a couple months, and some has been at room temp (70 f to 72 f) in a jelly jar. So if you're able to clarify your statement bout dosage (i.e., daily 160-180, versus per dose), I can find a way to get it down, and can likely get empty capsules in town for oral ingestion, as well as a good probability of obtaining lecithin from one of the health food stores.

(*I need to stop by and pick up some strainer lids for sprouting broccoli seeds, anyway, so it'll be a dual purpose trip).

Thanks.

Ah dunno about the medical efficacy of pressed resin.
Nor do I know how the dosage would translate.

But I'm keen to find out.

If you, or a loved one, have any skin tags, (neuroendocrine skin tumors), dab some of that resin on 'em, cover it with scotch tape and change it every 12 hours until the tags crumble off.
If nothing happens, I'd say make some oil.

Empty caps can be had on amazon. so can lecithin. I live onna rock inna middle of the Pacific ocean, Amazon prime is essential for us.

Aloha,
Wee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts