What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thanks ab.

Yes, there's lots of ramblings in here, mostly by me.

I recall your reports of your friend's success, and with the NIH link I posted, it seems that (despite them apparently using a 'manufactured or adulterated THCa molecule'), they are also showing progress or success.

I'm confused, as a renowned guru n this issue, on the forum, had referenced the THCa molecule simply being too big to breech the blood-brain barrier, and this had been reiterated by at least a couple others here and elsewhere. Basically saying that if the targeted CB1 receptor cite isn't in the brain, then have at it (re. using non-decarbed flower/extract).

But I have WAY too little information re. receptor cites directly related to the organ(s) in trouble, versus the action of the brain and the receptor sites there.

That all said, your report, and the June 2020 NIH study/review I posted the link to, both point to efficacy in treating cancers with out having to endure outrageous intoxication.

By the way, I'd have to do some all inclusive math, but I don't think I'm any where near a gram of RSO a day, if we combine all the various forms of cannabinoids I'm ingesting. But who knows? Maybe I'd surprise myself. Still believe I'd be way shy.

And, Weez seems to be having success, in his specific case, ingesting a lot less than a gram per day, too.

I think one thing we all agree on, is there's way too little known in a solid way about all of this. But for some, there's apparent success.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
yes sir, the gram per day was at the time the recommended protocol and i rushed to get to that point regardless the dysphoria and discombobulation. i regret it not tho'.

i was hoping we could get to the bottom of your anxiety by eliminating some of the variables, but it seems there are factors unnoticed or overlooked, as in decarbed or not, balance between THC & CBD, digestive or absorptive properties, yadda yadda.

keeping my eyes open.

G

I THINK at the moment that I'm getting (on a regulated day, and starting more or less today, thought the first CBD extract dose was clean-up), about 160mg of decarbed CBD extract in the AM, with MAYBE 100mg of THC from the over-filled caps in the morning, then a dose of about 160mg of decarbed CBD extract mid-day, than at night, another PM pill (70mg CBD, 50mg THCa, & 20 mg THC, along with about another 70 or so mg of my own decarbed CBD flower or extract (transitioning from one to the other now, thankfully).

Adding ion the CBDa in the tea balls, and I'd take a stab, guessing that all CBD, CBDa, THCa and THC combined, I'm apt to be in the cumulative ~600 to 800 mg/day.

When the store-bought night-time capsules are gone, the regimen is intended to be (assuming I can deal with it) about 100mg decarbed THC extract and 160mg decarbed CBD in the AM, then another 160mg of decarbed CBD extract around noon, then 160mg decarbed CBD and 140mg decarbed THC extract in the evening. And another 120mg or so of CBDa in tea balls, about 2 x's/day

I'm close to those numbers now, I think, though maybe a bit over on CBD. That comes up to 840, if the numbers in my bad are right.

And Weez has been sticking to accurizing his dose at much lower.

Back to the allergy question; with heightened stress, an auto-immune response wouldn't be unheard of, especially with all of the dietary and other changes happening, so I'm leaving that on the table as a possible explanation.

Should something like that make itself more apparent or profound, I have a nearly-ancient Epee Pen here, should breathing, etc. come into more serious question than the previous stressed or panicked breathing incorporated.

edit: The idea of sensing the need to continue using something as a medicine that may be the cause of additional grief is not lost, in re. to the number of ironies or conundrums n this. Justifies my disregard for Murphy on most days./

G

By the way, I'm intentionally attempting to hold at my current weight, or about 41 lbs. today less than I was mid-September. I can possibly slowly drop anther 10 or so lbs to be close to ideal weight for my body type, but knowing what I do now, re. the correlation between radical weight loss, cholesterol and gall stones, the rapid drop (not the fastest I've ever done, but pretty rapid), did no favors for the gall stone issues.

So the cholesterol intake that was feeding them is down to almost nil now, but for one number, and needing to raise the good cholesterol slightly, and there's less discomfort under pressure in the lower liver, likely as a result of eating a bit more, less formation of gall stones (likely and probable), and lots of fiber and veggie roughage.

Like steering 3 cars at once sometimes, but it's happening... I hope.

Hoping to hear back from the office of the preferred surgeon today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Preliminarily tracked down hotels near him with decent reviews and cleanliness, as well as COVID-safe policies for cleaning and guests, and my primary air carrier is running a sale now, too, so this would maybe be a GOOD time to get a call to say I'm headed to surgery with this fellow later 2nd or early 3rd week of March.. Again, fingers crossed.

At currently offered rates, I can get a nice hotel near their hospital, for 8-9 nights for about $1,300, round-trip flight for 2 seats (1 empty) for just under $700, another $200 for individual town car service, maybe $200-$300 for eats, etc., and a sizable waterfall of Benjamins for the healthcare industry. A total cost of $2,200 to 2,300 for residuals and essentials not directly related to the procedure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Winter, Live, 1984

Roskilde Festival, Broadcast from Swedish Television

Several excellent tunes, including 'Jumpin' Jack Flash', then some nitwit throws stuff at the band and they leave. "It's always sumpthin'... " (Rosanna Rozanna Danna)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozP-ddcI0I

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Reishi..will help with cholesterol and the cancer..and gut flora/serotonin/mood and keep yer immune system ready for what may come randomly past..

G

Reishi..will help with cholesterol and the cancer..and gut flora/serotonin/mood and keep yer immune system ready for what may come randomly past..

Thanks.

I'd been directed to look into that. When I researched shitake mushrooms, as I like to cook with them sometimes as it is, their purported medical properties were viewed as suspect, at best. However, there were other mushrooms that were brought to my attention recently, again, and I need to get back to reading.

I'm in a place of using what ever artillery I can get, as long as it isn't in conflict with other aspects of current conventional or non-conventional treatment.

And, as my history with chronic hives about 20 years ago shows, and my occasional/infrequent reaction on my forearms during a larger harvest, chest tightening with oral ingestion of cannabinoids shortly after decent dosage, etc., it seems my immune system is quite active, and maybe to the extent that it could be my enemy at some time, as it was back then.

My system's been weird for a lot of years; it often displaces nausea by sneezing (no BS, and far preferred), numerous supplements give me a tight chest sensation, as does Benadryl, just as examples, and a B-6 or B-Com[plex gives me roseola to a limited degree).

In regard to quizzical body reactions, I probably need to have some sort of Peace Summit with my body, mind, etc., and see if there's a greater cohesion to be had.

Last edited:
G

This is the first link that popped up for reishi that wasn't an ad, from a common search engine.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/i...eishi mushroom,, nosebleed, and bloody stools.

This is from WebMD. They acknowledge action against tumors, however they site rashes for some folks, and toxins in the liver, among other things listed. It seemed that either this link, or another, were citing the dried supplement version as most suspect, but I need to read more.

If I were to try this, I would need to have the other issues more calmed down, and set aside, and head into it somewhat cautiously.

Thanks again, and I'll keep reading.

Last edited:
G

I didn't expect a 7:30 P.M. call from the surgeon I'd been hoping to hear from, but they phoned... toward the 3/4 mark of the original 'A Bridge Too Far' (Arnhem Netherlands, where friends live, but a WWII flick of some real snafus by all parties involved).

The surgeon took a great deal of time, considering their schedule, and propensity to 'go, go, go' where work is involved.

We spoke at length about my concerns with 'quality of life' issues, post procedure, what ever that and those may be. He clarified the numbers he'd given me before; capacity for spontaneous sexual function, post surgery, with pills, is 40-45% to the good. Other rehab options available if not.

20-25% chance of spontaneous sexual function without chemistry. (Frankly, unless my recently rogue pulse rate and I make better friends, I'm not sure that I'd be a candidate for such things.

Same 90% post-op success rates for absence of enuresis, or urinary incontinence. 10% succumb. everybody gets diapers for the first 3 months of recovery.

There's exercises that can be done both for urinary continence, and for sexual function, but urinary continence is 3 months out or so for many, and spontaneous sexual function is a year out for many, if they regain that function..

Again, better numbers, but no unicorns, lollipops, or fairies falling from the sky.

He's conditionally willing to work on me, in surgery, providing I first speak with another radiation oncologist, or at least seek a better experience than the last RO I spoke with in Alaska.

His summation of course of events was;

1.) If strictly looking at quality of life issues, then radiation is likely best.

2.) If looking at the entire package, including a better shot beyond the 10-year time frame of being able to be cancer free, and if necessary, should the cancer return, then radiation, because surgery allows another shot at the cancer with radiation, in which case starting with surgery is best..

3.) End of last week they were booking mid-March. Upon the surgeon's return to the office this week, they're booking later March.

(*We'll assume that I'm at least keeping the tumors at bay with the sulforaphane and cannabis extracts, and hope that the next PSA is further diminished, as the last one had gone down by 1.1 points, but that was an isolated window at this time, and only just over a month and a half post-biopsy. Insufficient to draw any conclusions for now).

I need to phone back to the clinic the surgeon is affiliated with, to see how soon I might be able to speak with the radiological oncologist they have 'next door' in a related office, to whom they are referring me.

If, after that consultation, (hopefully VERY soon), then I'll be making some solid plans one way or the other.

We'll need to make this happen soon, if we're to afford the reduced rates on everything else (lodging, airfare, etc.. I suspect my insurance will be pulling out the stops to try and stop their out-flow of money this will lead to, and though I am open to being pleasantly surprised, I'm skeptical that they will offer anything up for alleviating the $ burden of the related costs of seeking service in the PNW).

And if it ends up being a matter of radiation, after all, then I'm going to need to locate a clean and strategically located efficiency or studio apartment, near the treatment source, and be willing to live away from home for a while, because I m not likely to seek radiation therapy locally.

"The more ya' know...."

------------------------------------------

Tommy Bolin

'Dreamer'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5xx9SmYQs&list=PLmFTicyGH2Wwgc8JkBHAhlmsPa4w0jlUI&index=3

Last edited:
G

There's a lot of gibberish and expounding in this thread, in great part due to the stressors here that multiplied and seemed to be flanking me at times. Language as a pressure relief valve. Been that way since early times, many years ago.

buzz mentioned 'soot' at one point, which he used to abbreviate, 'sudden onset of tears.' The state of mind that for some involves surrendering to powerlessness over some things, acceptance, maybe different for each person, but similar, too.

I made mention pages ago, in reply to Teddybrae, of one possible use of this thread, being the off-chance that some individual new to 'the news', maybe dealing with numerous stressors, or just this one, stumbles across this, and takes the time to find the bits and pieces of marrow buried in here.

But I wanted to add this, in re. to managing the overwhelming aspects of the giant hand reaching down and tapping the shoulder, telling the recipient that, "You're not nearly in as much control of some things in your life as you want to be, or thought you were."

Seems it's all up for grabs sometimes. Sometimes with little warning. The giant roulette wheel..

A source of peace and energy is so important, and there's been too many times recently I didn't have good enough hold of it. Persons around or near can try and instill it, but sometimes when the panic or fear or uncertainty is rocking hard, it has to be something that connects beyond the noise of it all.

I asked my family to leave the Christmas tree up when I headed to Seattle this last trip. A matter of having something that was a reminder of something almost sacred. That time with peace and smiles, good will, and hopefully better times..

The sense of peace in a home is priceless, in my opinion, and I think, part of the source of energy that allows or disallows a person to find a way through, and to look ahead. What ever that source of that force is, find it. Maybe more than one..

The Christmas tree will stay up for now, and maybe for a while. Maybe through the Summer. No visitors, due to C-19, so no questions about, 'Why the tree?' So it'll stand there in the night, in our living room, red, green and gold lights slowly twinkling, silhouetted in a quiet living room where people who care about each other gathered, the tree covered in ornaments, some of them hand-made by children who no longer live here, and a wife and son who do, who also made those pieces of our Christmases...

What ever that force or source is in your place or life, if you're dealing with things where it's all gone bonkers, and you're drifting, spinning in circles, have that touchstone, or that image that connects to that force. It's important.. Seriously..

G

'SOOT' just happened again after reading the above, moose eater.

Merry Christmas

Thanks buzz.

Things seem to be getting more real here. As I'm sure you can relate, that's both promising and frightening a bit.

Without digging through here, and please pardon the request for repeated information, what stage was your cancer at when you were diagnosed?

How pervasive in its squatting? What areas, if you're willing to be specific? More or less contained in the prostate 'capsule'?

Gleason score again?

PSA at the time of intervention(s)?

Yep, I'm groping for comparisons. Grasping hope from the history of another. ;)

I think the consensus is that I'm currently a T2b. Sounds innocuous enough, right? :)

Right side upper 1/6th, and right side lower 1/6th are both Gleason 8, and without proper addressing with diet and other anti-cancer action currently, I'm told it might own some really good running shoes.

Thanks.

I'll likely be milking courage of any kind I can find, from every micron of lint in the house until we roll, and at that point, there's likely no turning back.

First somewhat late night in a while, where I'm up for being up. Despite a relatively full dose of THC, CBD, THCa, etc. Time to start gathering strength to keep the lungs clear and heart thumping steady if and when we cut.
--------------------------------------

Tommy Bolin

'Wild Dogs'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awdvkn3tATo&list=PLmFTicyGH2Wwgc8JkBHAhlmsPa4w0jlUI&index=8

G

Stage T2a
I think Gleason score was 7 or 8?
PSA was 5-ish? and was a rapid rise in 6 months time.

So between a PSA of 5, you then were 6 months before you began treatment?

What did the PSA rise to after the 6 months? Or am I not understanding you correctly?

I look back to when I went from a 4 to a 6 in relatively short order, and opted for the MDX Bio-marker test, as it was just a urine sample, following a digital prostate massage.

Both said I was Very Low Risk for PC. I knew at the time they were both administered improperly, in part due to my bladder not being patient, and the bladder being too full after waiting too long for the appointment.

My advice to anyone as young as 45 or any age after that, would be to get a routine PSA done, and if the rise in #s is even moderately abnormal, a person should entertain more testing, and/or a biopsy.

Probably be in a lot better shape had I done that..

buzzmobile

Veteran
My PCP saw me every 6 months. My PSA gradually increased but was within high range of normal in the summer 2011. January 2012 PSA over 5. Early May I was at least into radiation treatment. Family history is what triggered the rapid response to elevated PSA and digital exam.

G

My PCP saw me every 6 months. My PSA gradually increased but was within high range of normal in the summer 2011. January 2012 PSA over 5. Early May I was at least into radiation treatment. Family history is what triggered the rapid response to elevated PSA and digital exam.

Seems like your relatively rapid and early response had something to do with your success, post-treatment.

Family history, other than for some extended (mostly Hoosier farmer relatives), many of whom (esp. women on my mother's side), lived to be 90 to 106. Otherwise fam hx was all but non-existent to me..

Became a part of somewhat routine gallows humor when doing intake paper work at various clinics over the years; "Well Doc, if they'd stayed alive past their 30s or 40s (with the exception of my mother, who died at 60 or 61 of an acetaminophen OD), I might be able to help you out with some of these questions, but other than for rheumatoid arthritis in my younger brother, I have NO clue."

There's serious value in knowing your family health history. Perhaps less, now that we're making some advances in mapping of genetic code, etc., and finding genetic predispositions that way.

Thanks for the info, buzz.

-------------------------------------------------

Zephyr

(*Tommy Bolin's band in 1969)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jzojbpAMD8

(*Think Janis meets Gracie Slick, with Iron Butterfly in there some place, and more; maybe sounds of Quicksilver Messenger Service in Bolin's young guitar work)

G

Contacted an Anchorage-based testing facility, and was confirmed that the State of Alaska doesn't require testing for herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, or fertilizers (?) in the testing of commercial cannabis, and since the commercial folks are the bulk of the labs' business, they never set up for it.

We agreed that I CAN submit a blended sample of the 3 varieties of CBD hemp I purchased for the commercial source, and test for potency, as non-canna labs wouldn't likely be legal for handling or testing any 'marijuana', but hemp would likely be handled differently under the law/guidelines.

If the sample(s) come back with greater THC than they're supposed to contain, then I can't go to a more proficient non-cannabis lab and test for the heavy metals and other contaminants I'm concerned about.

If the sample shows it's below .3% THC, then I can legitimately label it as CBD hemp, and the likely restrictions on a non-canna lab become moot... as far as anyone I spoke with knows.

Looking at the product, it ranges slightly in appearance, but is generally a darker green, indicating ^ N and reduced P. I also considered the color might be the result of bagging damp or wet, which brings up microbial contaminants; molds, fungi, what ever.

Again, when I spoke with a person at the seller's (CBD retailer), they more or less stated the intent is for their product to be smoked. And that's not what's happening here.

Dipped a finger in the remaining residue of the recent CBD extract, to approximate the morning dose of about 160mg. I'm thinking there's either an adulterant on this stuff, or I have an allergy that might preclude me from some forms of cannabis extract, to possibly include, depending on results, from both my own THC capsules, AND the CBD capsules I just made.

That would be a true bummer, but frankly, the whole racing heart thing, if it was ever attractive to me at all, it was when I was a youngster. but even then....

We'll get to the bottom of it, I hope..

No anti-anxiety meds last night, but woke up with the subtle and not so subtle electric tingling in the gut and elsewhere, though most pronounced in the gut; nervous tension. While I skipped any anti-anxiety meds last night, if the reaction to the oil's(??) undesirable side-effects don't chill out, I'll be grabbing a half tablet of light-weight Hydroxyzine shortly.

We used to joke about "Better living through chemistry." Ain't a joke any more, I guess.

Edit: Held off on the 1/2-tab, and riding it out. Hoping I don't find out I have some weird allergy, and can't pursue the extracts. never had this trouble with edibles, butter, or even notably with the store-bought capsules gifted to me in Seattle recently. "Curiouser and curiouser."

Second edit, 3:35 P.M. Alaska Time: Dipped a ribbed gum brush into a capsule of my own THC extract from decarbed flowers, totaling about maybe .25 standard, somewhat conservative dose, and no reactions yet. Certainly not as quickly as the larger dose of CBD extract this AM. No where near. But the speed with which I had the onset of the unpleasant effects this AM, cause me to question if it was the CBD, versus something on or in the flowers? Sleuthing until I can get a sample to the lab(s).

Tommy Bolin

'Hello Again'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjL-YX_vo6o&list=PLh0jappMNHsKvUEev7YZkmvW5nzs7I7_w&index=7

Last edited:
G

'Sposed to be lower 20s Thursday or Friday here, so it might be experimentation time.

I think I'll NOT decarboxylate an ounce or 2 of my better organic THC flowers, and so a lower-temp extraction from fresh THC flowers, where the only exposure to heat is to evaporate the solvent at at or below 200 f., and try my stash of ethanol, which was originally purchased to make cleaner medicine, anyway.

We'll see if that makes any difference in negative perceived effects.

If it's more functional, then I'll maybe look at buying CBD oil as others are, and trust the NIH review, that THCa does, in fact, impact tumors by shrinking.

G

Things are flying forward.

Zoom appt tomorrow with the radiology oncologist Doc my possible surgeon referred me to for a consult.

An hour or so mtg., questions hopefully thoroughly resolved, a day or 3 to chew on the choices, and then scheduling what ever avenue is being travelled, hopefully to be determined by Friday or Monday.

A very helpful person inside the System in these clinics, who understood the current urgency, provided me with the 'hot line' that got me through directly to the scheduler for the radio-oncologist Doc; otherwise I might still be waiting for a call. That was cool!! And very kind, too!
-------------------------------------------------------

Gregg Allman

Covering 'Willin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm_cJqSt7oA

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Gathering data?

2002 PSA of 5
2006 PSA of 13
Both lobes

Gleason 7-8

One 7, the other 8.
2006 radical ectomy.
2008 Biological recurrence :(
2009 Doubling rate of 6 months. :(
2009 Began RSO. Doubling rate increased to ~8 months. :)
Ramped dosage up. Doubling dropped to 7 months.

Dosage ~ 1 gram got me to 6.5.
2011 cut dosage back. Got mo' betta.

By 2013, I had a handle on the dosage and the DR went to 18 months.
Played with dosage, getting a PSA test every 6 months to track effect.
2019 got to 120 mg. and the DR was ~2 years!
2020 Found that my oil contained <1% CBD.
Bought some from Tommy Chong and did a dropper per day.
Last test had only the last month of a 9 month stretch using the CBD.
My calculated doubling rate seems to be >5 years!

Next test is in April, (Or Feb. if I can finagle that).
Will keep you posted.
V-shell-C

Wee

G

Gathering data?

2002 PSA of 5
2006 PSA of 13
Both lobes

Gleason 7-8

One 7, the other 8.
2006 radical ectomy.
2008 Biological recurrence :(
2009 Doubling rate of 6 months. :(
2009 Began RSO. Doubling rate increased to ~8 months. :)
Ramped dosage up. Doubling dropped to 7 months.

Dosage ~ 1 gram got me to 6.5.
2011 cut dosage back. Got mo' betta.

By 2013, I had a handle on the dosage and the DR went to 18 months.
Played with dosage, getting a PSA test every 6 months to track effect.
2019 got to 120 mg. and the DR was ~2 years!
2020 Found that my oil contained <1% CBD.
Bought some from Tommy Chong and did a dropper per day.
Last test had only the last month of a 9 month stretch using the CBD.
My calculated doubling rate seems to be >5 years!

Next test is in April, (Or Feb. if I can finagle that).
Will keep you posted.
V-shell-C

Wee

Thanks Weez.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your PSA results. And thanks for sharing the sequence and numbers.

Wondered0 about what might've occurred for you with both extracts AND whole plant diet (or mostly whole-plant diet) and sulforaphane, etc.? No way to know.

There's lots of positive anecdotes, and some of the Big Boys in the medical research field (like NIH, NIM) are getting onboard with this.

But what we have is positive anecdote for some. When the conventional researchers of stature get together and point to XXX,000 cases, and can unequivocally say "THIS HAPPENED DUE TO THIS VARIABLE", then in theory we can push hard, specifically, on what ever -that- cannabinoid or molecule is..

The NIH review re. pancreatic cancer/tumors in mice and THCa provided an evening of limited joy for me.

The uncertainty, again, in our individual and unique cases, we don't know we're improving, until we know, and can quantify it, as you've done above.

The whole raised pulse/heart rate and anxiety thing, for me, HAS to get straightened out, or I'll to find alternate resources. I can't continue to contend with what ever that is.

Based on the profiles from breeders or canna sites (not my own lab data at this point) all of my THC flowers are <1% CBD, as well, except for the Blue Dream that's split something like 9:7 or 11:9; can't recall, but I believe it was one of those. All have respectable THC content, based on subjective assessment of LOTS of persons who've smoked them over the years.

Earlier on I had been hung up on the whole issue of CBD and THC decarbing at different temps and times, thus making it near impossible, by basic means, to decarb a split ratio plant like the Blue Dream I have here. But if the NIH study is accurate, and can be replicated, then I can extract that plant, no decarb, and ingest that oil as a somewhat balanced CBD:THC source..

Or smoke it, though I'm starting to consider another member's more private comment, and this might be a prime time to get out my seldom used Pinnacle Pro vape, knowing my lungs need to be solid for what's coming.

Just rambling thoughts.

And again, a milder dose of my own THC extract a while ago, while I can feel it, doesn't have me crawling across the ceiling like Spider Man, the way I felt earlier in the day with the CBD extract residue in the pan.

I looked at Tommy Chong's CBD offerings, as well as Charlotte's Web and Lazarus Naturals in Washington State, all a while back (months) and I'm going to need to find someone I trust and get something happening, until I can get some lab data on this CBD flower.

-----------------------------------------------

Warren Haynes and Co. at Crossroads Guitar Fest, 2010

Alma Mater here.....

'Soulshine'

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=81lIga4eLfI&list=RDAMVMI1SQR4FnRoc

Status
Not open for further replies.