What's new

Anybody remember this classic OG thread?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was an amazing thread on the boards over in OG that had info about playing music at a certain frequency to stimulate powerful new growth in plants of all varieties...

This wasnt shown working on our favourite herb but some plant growing like a vine around some dudes livingroom and out the window...

Apparently the frequency can be hidden in music and was available to order in classical music...

I know it sounds like some april fools joke but it seemed to be genuine and was on the boards for ages.

beaner

I vaguely remember what you are talking about. I love the reports like this that show the effects of music on plants, in the US there is a show called Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel where they tested different types of music as well as talking to the plants (recordings playing 24/7 in greenrooms). The results I believe were rock music caused the best growth in the peas.

fr33th3w33d

hell, if you talk to your plants, they will grow better. i dont remember where i read that but i think its true.

not like your gonna grow a 10 foot monster because you tell your plants about your day or play some bach, but it has a positive effect..

diggle

I think science behind the benefit of talking to your plants is that they're picking up the carbon dioxide produced by your breathing?
I remember that mythbusters episode....was surprising that the plants turned out to benefit most from the heavy metal. Maybe it's just got the most energy to it, and the plant's don't discriminate in terms of how it actually sounds?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If i remember correctly the frequency was sposed to mimic birdsongs... these sounds would vibrate the plants and release natural and super-powerful growth hormones.

I meant to order the cd's but never got around to it. Typical. :kos:

Tripco

Like 7 or 8 yearss ago i had in my hand a book transalted from russian "Secret life of Plants". Several russian scientsts proved that plants due their best with presence of Mozart music. Not any other classical, but especialy, Mozart music.

palmero

Hi SilverSurfer. I know it is an old thread, if you are still interested
google 4 Sonic Bloom or visit
real-sonic-bloom.com/sonic_bloom_articles/music_to_plants_stomata.htm
:tiphat:

C

chefro420

Heh , one of the hydro catalogs had sonic noise generator . $2200 and 3k for one ! Maybe it works , but :moon:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I yell at the bitches and tell them they better put out or they are compost. Seems to work. LOL.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Treat em mean a Ahab? lol :smoke:

Thanks for the link yeah i think thats the one. Their videos dont seem to be available... must say it does look like a scam but ya never know...

:smoweed: