What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody in Tokyo this summer??? Looking for hip hop music shows...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Tokyo is my second home, havent been there since 2007. I have been to Japan over 20 times though, i lived in Tokyo every summer working for my grandparents teaching english. Im planning a trip out there this summer.

im gonna be with a small local music group from San Francisco, one of the members is half japanese and i am half japanese as well. They do mostly underground hip hop, nothing "gangster" or street, its all positive rap about partying, vacations, etc. They want to plan a trip out to Tokyo this summer, and i want to hopefully bring them around the local circuit. heres one of their songs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6KNy-CE2aY
Ive been to many of the DJ, graffiti, stores, definately gonna take them to Shibuya, Roppongi, Harrajuku. But aside from shopping and doing a little partying they really wanna do a show out there. So if you own a club, bar, etc definately drop me a PM. My friend is a DJ from SF who lives in Tokyo now so i have a few connections through him, but im always down to meet other like minded people. If you are in Tokyo and we can get a concert organized drop by!

Wel probably be housin at Sakura House, looking for like minded people to party with, hit me up!

Last edited:
oh yes4prop , you in Japan at the moment? have not been on icmag in a minute so I have just seen this :D//
unfortunately I would have no idea, but I am seeking the same kind of information, do you think you could tell me some of the DJ/graffiti stores? and anything else u find out while you there please?, would be much appreciated.
I will be going there early next year to teach English and i don't know what would happen to my mental state if I im not in the head banging neck snapping hip hop venues for a year+ :D

peace, stay safe

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
theres a good graffiti store in Shibuya called STILL DIGGIN....walk past the Tokyu Hands, and behind the big DJ record store its in a small alleyway. its kinda pricey at 1000 yen for a montana can but its worth it compared to the shitty regular spray paint.

yea im in tokyo right now...we went to a cool little hip hop show in Ikebukuro the other night, they got a chill scene everyone is real friendly. the main performer bought a 5th of tequila and gave out free shots to the whole crowd lol. my homies from NJS also performed a few songs, their rap aliases are Flowzen and Kuga.

for now im mostly just eating eating eating....tonkatsu, curry, teriyaki burgers, yakiniku (my favorite)...drinking mad kirin and asahi....then getting a good workout walking all over the place. already visited like half the city already. i crushed harajuku street the other night with like 30 tags haha.

theres a good graffiti store in Shibuya called STILL DIGGIN....walk past the Tokyu Hands, and behind the big DJ record store its in a small alleyway. its kinda pricey at 1000 yen for a montana can but its worth it compared to the shitty regular spray paint.

eh 1000yen per can aint too bad i guess, is that the spanish montana? or the german one?,
what is there domestic paint like? any ones you can recommend?
maybe a particular brand does a certain chrome, white or black real dope but the rest of the colour pallete is wack,? or do you know any writers who would know that? haha,
Im into stencils and I usually do a white background for most of them, so a nice thick cheap domestic brand would be good for that,
and then other colours and what not I would use the montanas most likely, I guess I will just have to experiment,

oh, and still diggin? I guess they have records too? Im keen as fuck to hit up record stores too, very keen,,:D

domo arigato for that yes4prop215,
and feel free to drop whatever else you find hiphop related in this thread haha

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
right next to still diggin they have a huge 3 story building with like 3 record shops in it...definately hit that up you cant miss it, across the street from Tokyu Hands.

the domestic paint is crap...i remember my first time going to hit a fillin with a white can, and it came out so bad, like water. once i found the montanas i stuck with them....im on vacation might as well splurge...i can use cheaper paint when i get back to the states.

if your in tokyo already...check out Harajuku lol i destroyed the place. CEAK$

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Manhattan Records, good shop.

I hope you realize that the cost to fix the tagging is a lot more expensive here. They can charge $1000 just to repaint a wall.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea i was watching my back the whole time....definately not trying to get caught up out here....i saw too many people i know up so i had to add my mark lol...lotta west coasters out there ADEK MALVO LEWY TUNKS CHEK DELK....

ziel-zielona

Medicine Grow
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello bro.

little pic.?

double strawberry diesel x l.a. confidental
picture.php

picture.php

pheno #2 more colours:)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

good luck bro.:)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^hey ziel are you in japan? are those SCs growing out there...shit if they are i know a shitload of japanese rappers who would love to get on that!