What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody Heard of This Before? And, If So, How'd It End??

4maggio

My first post as 4maggio.. hello.

I live in south east Florida. Going north of Orlando brings cold weather (for me).
Living on the treasure coast brings life values I like and believe in.
But good advice if you are moving from NY, NJ, CA, OTOH, stay there, you'd be better off (they're not overly populated and need the citizens) I'm initially from NYC area (25 years ago) and don't even want to go back to visit that $hit hole.

Blue Rhino

I've seen some weird stuff from USPS when I lived further south. On several occasions I tracked packages to find they arrived in the town close to where I lived, and then were transferred to a sorting or processing facility about 100 miles up the road, adding a day or two to transit time. I have no idea why.
Similar to my experience. Up here in Canada I used to live in a city with a mail sorting facility. It would get sorted, then punted 5 hours up the highway to Toronto to be "more sorted" and then shipped back to my city for delivery. It took 3 days for an in-town mailing to reach its recipient. It only took 4 days to mail something to the coast.

I agree shipping has been out of wack lately. I ordered ginger beer on 3 separate occasions. Only received one of the orders. So 66.666% of the time FedEx has dropped and broken my packages. On FedEx website they state that dropping and braking packages is unavoidable. It's like with Comcast. There only job is to keep the internet on. Apparently that is not doable either. You would think that they could put safety measures in place and maybe even some on the job training to avoid dropping packages.

PanchoVerde

I agree shipping has been out of wack lately. I ordered ginger beer on 3 separate occasions. Only received one of the orders. So 66.666% of the time FedEx has dropped and broken my packages. On FedEx website they state that dropping and braking packages is unavoidable. It's like with Comcast. There only job is to keep the internet on. Apparently that is not doable either. You would think that they could put safety measures in place and maybe even some on the job training to avoid dropping packages.
FedEx is the worst. Absolutely hate having stuff delivered from them. No wonder Tom Hanks had to live on that island.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they may be falling off of belts inside of a sorting terminal and not actually "dropped" by a human handler. it's possible...:whistling: edit-watched a youtube doorbell camera segment today showing a DeFex driver ROLLING a rectangular box up to the porch. you could hear shit rattling around every time he rolled it to another side....

moose eater

In the latest chapter of 'Murphy lives at the post office and loves me,' I sent a large-dollar personal check in a large flat-rate cardboard Priority Mail envelope, windowless, needing it to get to a bank in the South Cenrtal US, mailing it 14 or 15 days before the due date. Plenty of time for a 3-day delivery envelope.

It's now MIA, no tracking since Fairbanks on the evening of March 10, the evening it left the small local post office near my home. Hand-scanned at Fairbanks main sorting facility at the airport, per my investigation.

Waiting on hold, and if I have to cancel the check, it's a $31 fee, and the main 800 number for the bank my check is issued on says they can't waive the fees. Possible the local branch can, but no guarantees.

I have an acute loathing for slackards and incompetent people. I have images in my head that I won't describe in writing tonight.

I've informed the PO on the receiving end that the insurance on the envelope will need to cover my stop-payment fee on the check, the postage on the missing envelope, and I may toss in a couple hours at a resasonable rate for my time, frustration, and gas.

Did I mention my disgruntlement toward incompetent people?

If you're handling other peoples' shit, and don't give a rat's butt about doing your job consciously, then get another job... before someone causes you to. Quitting is always better on the resume' than being fired.

Last edited:

moose eater

piano wire? a chainsaw? maybe a double bitted axe ? battery acid? barbed wire wrapped Ben Wa balls? c'mon, you can tell me...:shucks:
Shirt lapels attached to a spinning rear wheel on a vehicle with the back end raised in the air, with the lug nuts holding the shirt material down with 4 folds, to make sure the material is good and strong at the point of torque. Vehicle in high gear, and a stick on the accelerator.

I think that ought to teach someone to pay attention to their job duties and work area, no?

Did I mention that this is approximately episode number 6 of this sort in the last 1-1/2 years?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they do say that folks rise to the level of their incompetence. sounds like somebody is overdue a promotion to me... i'm glad for you that the perpetrator is unknown...

Blue Rhino

The USPS is dangerously close to the US government

and for sure, you can not trust the US government.
And that's the difference with federal legalization. In Canada, I order on Monday and it's here on Wednesday delivered via Canada Post. There was a point where a very small handful of mail carriers thought they had the moral right to NOT deliver people's legally purchased cannabis but their hash got settled pretty quickly. Especially considering that Canada's largest province (and others possibly) has a govt run cannabis shop that only does mail order.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry I can't help much but I was supposed to get an IPhone from a buddy and I got a dirty old used vape.no lie.i think the guy handling the package somehow switch it out cause they were probably the same weight. My buddy is still mad but it wasn't really my fault