What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Anybody Heard of This Before? And, If So, How'd It End??

4maggio

My first post as 4maggio.. hello.

I live in south east Florida. Going north of Orlando brings cold weather (for me).
Living on the treasure coast brings life values I like and believe in.
But good advice if you are moving from NY, NJ, CA, OTOH, stay there, you'd be better off (they're not overly populated and need the citizens) I'm initially from NYC area (25 years ago) and don't even want to go back to visit that $hit hole.

I've seen some weird stuff from USPS when I lived further south. On several occasions I tracked packages to find they arrived in the town close to where I lived, and then were transferred to a sorting or processing facility about 100 miles up the road, adding a day or two to transit time. I have no idea why.
Similar to my experience. Up here in Canada I used to live in a city with a mail sorting facility. It would get sorted, then punted 5 hours up the highway to Toronto to be "more sorted" and then shipped back to my city for delivery. It took 3 days for an in-town mailing to reach its recipient. It only took 4 days to mail something to the coast.

I agree shipping has been out of wack lately. I ordered ginger beer on 3 separate occasions. Only received one of the orders. So 66.666% of the time FedEx has dropped and broken my packages. On FedEx website they state that dropping and braking packages is unavoidable. It's like with Comcast. There only job is to keep the internet on. Apparently that is not doable either. You would think that they could put safety measures in place and maybe even some on the job training to avoid dropping packages.

PanchoVerde

I agree shipping has been out of wack lately. I ordered ginger beer on 3 separate occasions. Only received one of the orders. So 66.666% of the time FedEx has dropped and broken my packages. On FedEx website they state that dropping and braking packages is unavoidable. It's like with Comcast. There only job is to keep the internet on. Apparently that is not doable either. You would think that they could put safety measures in place and maybe even some on the job training to avoid dropping packages.
FedEx is the worst. Absolutely hate having stuff delivered from them. No wonder Tom Hanks had to live on that island.