What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any word on LCB meeting last night?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
was really just a Q/A...w/ board members taking notes...no real answers or decisions...
besides.... anything they want changed must be voted on by the people....

was really just a Q/A...w/ board members taking notes...no real answers or decisions...
besides.... anything they want changed must be voted on by the people....

I understand it was a "public comment" meeting. I am anxious to hear what LCB & DOH had to say in response to the public input.

Unfortunately a vote of the people will not be required. The Legislature can make changes to RCW69.51A without a public vote. That is why we all need to phone & write our Reps.

Find your Rep's: http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I understand it was a "public comment" meeting. I am anxious to hear what LCB & DOH had to say in response to the public input.

Unfortunately a vote of the people will not be required. The Legislature can make changes to RCW69.51A without a public vote. That is why we all need to phone & write our Reps.

Find your Rep's: http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/

true that^^^after 2 years the initiative can be legislatively altered.

looking at referendum rules...in case.:ying:

true that^^^after 2 years the initiative can be legislatively altered.

looking at referendum rules...in case.:ying:

RCW 69.51A was created by initiative in 1998. The Legislature can make changes to it today. There have allready been a handful of changes made since it became law.

I-502 made changes to RCW 69.50. Quote:

AN ACT Relating to marijuana; amending RCW 69.50.101, 69.50.401, 69.50.4013, 69.50.412, 69.50.4121, 69.50.500, 46.20.308, 46.61.502, 46.61.504, 46.61.50571, and 46.61.506; reenacting and amending RCW 69.50.505, 46.20.3101, and 46.61.503; adding a new section to chapter 46.04 RCW; adding new sections to chapter 69.50 RCW; creating new sections; and prescribing penalties.

As I understand it, the Legislature cannot make changes to the RCW's changed/created by I-502 for two years without a vote of the People.

However: Medical Marijuana is not subject to RCW's created/changed by I-502. It is regulated under 69.51A

Bottom line is that they can change the medical rules today without a vote of the people.