What's new

any turkey hunters out there ?

jagdog3

Had a chance to tag out the first two days,but freakin missed a big gobbler this morning.Hunting around a field and had him coming slowly but surely.I guess he had came a couple hundred yards and got about 50-60 yards from me.Then out of the corner of my eye i see three jakes come running into the field and started chasing the gobbler.Well i ended up shooting twice at him while he was running from the jakes.FUCKING JAKES.....

jagdog3

Damn weather has been awful,hate hunting in high winds and rain...I did come home with something.Found a nice mess of morels the other day.I always carry a empty bread bag in my pocket during the season and i filled it about 3/4 the way full..

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
turkey hunting gets me all misty eyed.

a couple years before my brother passed, he took me on my first turkey hunt. we set up in a blind and they started coming down from the trees. several hens and jakes approached within 10 yards but they were not gobblers.
they moved off and another group of about 15 birds were spotted. we left the blind and moved up the creek bed towards them, and they towards us, till there was just a yard or two away. we were using a juniper for cover and between two trunks of this tree i had a shooting lane. brother said 'take him', and son i waited no longer! one shot, two birds, first hunt for turkey, one tag...
the ironic thing about that hunt...my brother was a game warden, and he disposed of the extra bird.
smiling broadly as i wipe a tear away...

jagdog3

Sorry about the loss of your brother...Hunting with family and friends make some of the best and ever lasting memories u will have..

supermanlives

Veteran
yup. no not me but a guy that wanted to get his first turkey. so i made it happen for him. rest of pics in my pest album

Yah`mon

hey superman - Good work on helping out a fellow hunter. Honestly getting your own bird/deer/whatever the game may be is a great feeling. But helping a newcomer score their first of any species beats it any day! K++ my friend.

Yah`mon:tiphat:

supermanlives

Veteran
i agree.he been bugging me for a while and i was scoping out that bird while doing my outdoor grow. it was a real quick hunt for him about 2 hours and he got his bird. this was a while ago and i hope he dont think its always that easy.i have fallen asleeep leaning against a tree waiting a few times LOL when i lived back east i had most game figured out and fed alot of wildlife but didnt allow hunting in feeding areas as thats cheating in my book. i must of had 50 turkeys on the property.

Latest posts

Latest posts