What's new

Any Sea Kayakers?

V

vaprpig

Any sea kayakers here? I'm just starting myself, I built a Pygmy kayak about a year ago and am working my way up to getting out in the ocean.

bubbleman

Veteran
I have had two necky ocean kayaks for just over 10 years.
have managed over the years to get spots 1 and 2 at my local marina where i keep them ( dont live on the ocean where i did when i first bought them that was the shit)

here are some shots of some of my days out

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Bubble man

Last edited:

scaramanga

When I lived in Florida I would often go kayaking in the keys, and the back country. We also used to go out to the islands in Biscayne Bay. One of the best ways to get out and enjoy nature.

I miss Florida.

Zizu

Awww yeah! Pygmy has some nice kayak designs and Necky makes some excellent boats.

I'm a kayak instructor and live in my boats. Kayak surfing is the goods.

V

vaprpig

Nice! I knew there had to be others.

Those are nice pics Bubbleman, love the seal. I lived up in Sitka, AK for awhile, thats where I initially got introduced to kayaking and am finally getting into it.

Zizu the instructor, where you at? East coast/West coast, another country? I'll take of pic of my boat.

Anyone ever see or hear of the Tsunami Rangers?

Zizu

West Coast!

Tsunami Rangers rock! I took an instructor cert class with one of them a while back.

F

ForbiddenFruit

I recently watched a documentary called Solo its a pretty powerful documentary about a sea kayaker named Andrew Mcauley who decides to kayak from Austrailia to New Zealand.

Worth your watch "Solo" , you can find it on the net

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pitures, my dad just did some sea kayaking near vancouver island, and he loved it. I gotta try it one day.

nephilthim

Any sea kayakers here? I'm just starting myself, I built a Pygmy kayak about a year ago and am working my way up to getting out in the ocean.

get a water skirt now how to barrel roll if in a cockpit and if on a sitdown know your limitations.a good functioning drysuit will kepp you warm.
I own a paddleboard go year round so cal never a wetuit rashguard and trunks.

hamstring

Veteran
I have 2 "sit on tops" Ocean Kayaks brand and I love them. I am from the midwest so they are great for small creeks and rivers where you have to get in and out a lot. Much easier then the "sit in" types.

Sit on tops havn't caught on as much at least around here. I guess the one problem is that to use them in the late fall early winter you would have a dry suit.

Easygrowing

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi Guys was thinking about i stand alone with this great passion without growing-rowing.

Lives in Denmark it,s a Barracuda from Trapper 5.65 Meter,s a little too long but good kayak and so one fishing..it,s really good and stabil good to flyfish from and can have my dog with and så on...best waves from her...

set willy free,Befri willy

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great shots easy growing. im keeping up with this thread even though it is going slow.