What's new

another nute question

G

I've been using just peat and perlite at a 50/50 mix with d.lime added at 2 tbs/gal. I then start using PBP grow at every watering at a low dose (.5 tsp/gal). Depending on what strain, the max dose is 1- 1.5 tsp/gal.

I've tried doing the every other water schedule but when I give them just water they seem to want to go pail yellow. I was thinking maybe next grow I'd try to mix in some mushroom compost to help with the yellowing. Do you guys think it will help?

I know it's no big issue I have. I'm just trying to do some fine tuning before my next SS ak47 grow!!!!! :woohoo: The grow I'm doing now can't finish fast enough. :joint:

:wave:

Last edited:

Opt1983

If they are still lacking some N, hit them with more of a dose..or up the feeding schedule to every watering. -Opt

I would also add wormcastings and less perlite....You don't want to much drainage...

5 parts peat
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings
2 tbls dolomite lime

Add the ferts at 1/2 strength about everyother watering....LC

G

I always use a lot of perlite 'cause for some reason in my grow box the mix always seems to take longer to dry out. Using the peat and perlite at a 50/50 mix it always takes 5 to 7 days to dry. Why? My temps are between 60F and 85F. And my humidity is usually around 30% to 55%.

LC, I tried using the same mix you just suggested and every time I tried it, it was always too heavy and never wanted to dry out. That's how I kind of ended up with the 50/50 mix.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I find my plants respond better to a high N dose followed by one or two plain waterings. My feeling is that if you only give the plants enough to feed on but not enough to store the nutrients in it's tissues then it is starved in a way, this is amplified by the fact you have so much perlite in the mix, use 30% perlite and even if it takes awhile to dry out then so be it.
I've used the PBPro grow and you need to up the dose, try a high does like 1.5 tsp/gallon then give it plain water and then judge for yourself if it needs another feed or water.

Last edited: