What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Angola x Senegal

Gist

update

update

The first beans I started did not make it due to the soil I used. Thought I was being smart to use a 'new' mix, should have stayed with what always worked for me in the past.

I had more beans so I've popped them and now they have about 2 weeks.

:tiphat:

Gist

Hello friends!

Doing an update today.

The Angola x Senegals are the second row from the left. I am concerned they are not growing happily--because if you look at the plants on the far left (Laos Luang Prabang x Lambsbread) they are ONE WEEK yonger and almost three times as big!

Could it be that these Angola x Senegals do not like my 12/12 lighting??

Right now I don't have a indoor setup...

Your thoughts?

:tiphat:

C

Cannabisso

Is this the same Senegal used by Afropips in Senegal Haze? The one from from the Cassamanca growing region?

Last edited:

sprinkl

Veteran
It could also be due to lower vigor. Angola x Senegal are both african genetics, the Jamaica x Laos are further apart geographically, Jamaica is an island so more inbreeding, I believe the cross may show a stronger hybrid vigor.

Gist

Hi everyone! Cannabisso, all these genetics were recently gifted to me. I have a feeling that yes the Angola probably did come from LMN's work. Some other members might be able to offer more info. The Senegal, I'm not sure of it's history.

These Laos Luang Prabang x Lambsbread, just took off, they grew faster than any of the other seedlings I have going right now. I've re potted them and they've been moved to different location. I'll update this weekend or next week.

sprinkl, 'vigor'... Yes, the perfect word to describe the Laos Luang Prabang x Lambsbread. I love them. I have lacked good genetics for quite some time and been struggling with photosensative varieties that just never grow big and immediately start to flower. But this year I've been lucky to receive some help with that and I hope to have a much better year.

Gist

Hey guys, these Angola Senagal's did not do well for me outside under 12/12 tropical sun. They stunted at a couple of inches and just never grew.

I've culldd them, but may try again under different conditions, as I still have some seeds left to pop.

Peace~

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Can you put them under a lightbulb at night so the grow at least 3 weeks in vegetative mode? Any light should work even a desk light you put on the balcony.... That will be insurance it is not a photoperiod problem....

kokomarin

krutibrko,are you slaven?your nickname translatet to my language mean
unflexible man with big moustache:))))
gist,photoperiod is not your problem,soilmix is.

sprinkl

Veteran
Well if they got stunted and died/stop growing it's probably not the genetics, though they could be weaker towards diseases.
Maybe something in the environment/soil that killed them. Next time if you know they might be susceptible start them indoors/in a controlled environment.
I popped over 50 seeds for this years OD and for the first time ever I've had seedlings get stunted and die. My guess due to getting toasted by the window. Small, black pots that take up all the heat, which already gets trapped under the window and one watering too little... One strain in particular seemed extra sensitive to this, others were all or mostly fine.