What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ancient cannabis

armedoldhippy

Veteran
researchers excavating a centuries old crypt beneath a hospital in Milan Italy discovered 9 sets of skeletal remains. "so what?" you would be excused for asking. :dunno: well, they tested the bones, and found evidence (psychoactive compounds)of cannabis use, which they found odd since there were no records of its medicinal use in the hospital. :chin: from this, researchers have decided that our ancestors were VERY and CONSTANTLY stoned... :smoke:

Persianfarmer

researchers excavating a centuries old crypt beneath a hospital in Milan Italy discovered 9 sets of skeletal remains. "so what?" you would be excused for asking. :dunno: well, they tested the bones, and found evidence (psychoactive compounds)of cannabis use, which they found odd since there were no records of its medicinal use in the hospital. :chin: from this, researchers have decided that our ancestors were VERY and CONSTANTLY stoned... :smoke:
Very interesting, it reminds me of the findings in China where they discovered apparently the oldest cannabis seeds

armedoldhippy

Veteran
While very and constantly might be a stretch, 22% of the samples is surprising - even if it was 2/9 . . .
those were the words the article used. i wonder how much/often you would have to partake before the chemicals were be detectable in your bones for hundreds of years? :chin: maybe some of US should volunteer!:cool: i'm planning on donating my body to the Body Farm at Knoxville anyway...:good:

k-s-p

Veteran
i wonder if they too scattered cannabis around as they moved with the game. is cannabis why homo sapiens started farming communities? :unsure: "come on, Grok! the herds have left the valley. " "ill catch up to you guys later, Thag. this weed i planted won't be ready for 5 more weeks! fuckin' sativas, man" (shakes head sadly)
You would have to think so. They probably knew about it but I don't know enough about their origins to say. I'm curious now.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, the 1st farming was in the upper levant - Syria, Turkiye - somewhere around 12,000 years ago. China was around the same (or a tad bit later) and the Ganges of India just a little later @ 7000. That was all grains and rice etc. The 1st hemp cultivation was in China and it has been suggested at around 10000 - 12000 years ago.

Last edited: