What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amsterdam worth the trip?

K

kallenavndk

The dam absolutly worth it

thedamjpg6.jpg

thislitlesportsterinacoffeshop.jpg

thatsaniceone.jpg

thedam.jpg

thedamjpg2.jpg

damsqaure.jpg

HPIM2537.jpg

j.jpg

lollol.jpg

I raise my case :) And they got the world oldest zoo,van gogh museeum,the got rembrandt and they got some very nice agentino steak house too :)

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
A trip to Amsterdam is always worth it. Don't forget to visit the Cannabis College!

Some of the weed in the shops is not as good as in California, but the hash is usually good.

The scene is the scene, and to hang out with all these like-minded folks is where it's at.

You'll never be the same after visiting Amsterdam.

house

My friend just came back from an A-dam trip and had a great time. He said their bud is decent but do not compare to good CA medical and very pricey. It's the freedom and openness with smoking that is the draw.

Warrior

I am a CA medical mj patient who visited AMS in 2005.

I must be in the minority or have unique body chemistry, but some of the coffeeshop sativas I tried were way more potent than the CA dispensary weed I get now. Had more of an intense and immediate effect than the creeper effect I get from most CA weed.

Biggest difference to me-A-dam sativa-immediate effect, but more stoned than high.
CA dispensary weed-milder, but more euphoric and clearer.

So yeah, Amsterdam is absolutely worth it. In my case, I got more stoned than high there, but that's how I like my weed to hit me.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
just a quick note to say - that while MANY of the coffeeshops in A'dam offer very high quality herb at good prices, sometimes it can be a pain for those not familiar with the coffeeshop culture or deciding which of the 500 or so shops in the city to try. Can I suggest jumping on a train to Haarlem - it will cost you around a fiver, take about 10 minutes and I can heartly reccomend Willie Wortels (sativa), the coffeeshop right outside the train station. Currently they're stocking Blueberry Cheese and Amnesia haze thats out of this world :)

In addition, its a beautiful city, one overlooked by many visitors to Holland. Its also famous for its very tolerant people.

worth a try if you're struggling to find the quality you desire within A'dams city limits :)

cheers
j

EDIT - you can still smoke in there too. Basically they ripped out the bar at the far end and then erected a large plexiwall - as such this room is NOT a workplace and doesnt fall under "smoking in the workplace" legislation - hah and hah again stick that up yer pipe christian government

Last edited:
I agree with Jamieshoes, if your going to go to the Netherlands for the weed go somewhere else besides a-dam.

Maastricht is also nice, and is a lot more liberal than a-dam and closer to Frankfurt. going to the tourists areas your not going to find decent weed. A-dam is the tourist area of the Netherlands.

I wouldn't waste my time on just one day going to the Netherlands, you can get weed here in Germany. On top of that a lot of the weed in a-dam is grown here in germany, but we keep the good shit and send the rest to a-dam. :nanana:

forehead

Been to ADam many times and soon I plan to venture out and look for a place to rent a house..maastricht and harlem it is! ANyone got any info on Rotterdam?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
just a quick note incase the differnece obvious :) - In Amsterdam - as mentioned above, the trade is passing and as such some of the dealers don't have to stock quality to ensure sales... some coffeeshops there DO haev excellent reputations built on travellers experiances and word of mouth. Those include Barneys, Grey Area, Mitsu, to name a few - the trouble is that between wherever you're staying and barneys, there's a 100 other little places along the way...the temptation to "just pop in for a couple of grams" is very often overwhelming ;)

Outside of Amsterdam and the trade is local. This means consistent high quality or shops go out of business :)

ForeHead, Mate, Haarlem is about the nicest place in NL - it was when I came here in 93 and still is today. :)

Last edited: