What's new

Amsterdam will not enforcer weedpass in near future

Ironeek

Amsterdam will not enforcer weedpass in next 4 Years according to Maurice Veldman, Lawyer for Amsterdam Coffeeshops Union.

This is a translation of the letter sent to members......

Dear folks,

The big news today is that the new Tolerance Policy will become active from July 1, 2011, and will be valid until June 30 2015(!). The AHOJG criteria are already avaiable on www.openbaarministerie.nl The good news is not much is going to change.

The most important conclusion is that the AHOJG crtieria have not been complemented with the Weedpass and the Distance Criteria. Nothing changes in this area. The announced additions will not be part of the national regulations for coffeeshops. This means that all the evil measurements from The Hague, including weedpass and distance criteria, can only be implemented on a local level. This means the weedpass and the distance criteria will probably not make it in Amsterdam. These announced measurements, that would lead to a coffeeshop wipe-out in Amsterdam, can only be implemented through local legislation by the City Council. The City Council already spoke out against the weedpass and the distance criteria, like the Mayor, who will be held to execute and maintain the new Tolerance rulebook. This is also included in the Opiumlaw art. 31b.

Especially the long term of the new Tolerance regulations stands out, 4 years going! This is a first, and appears to be a signal that The Hague decided that de introduction of the weedpass and the new distance criteria and everything else Justice Minister Opstelten comes up with is to be decided on by individual City Councils. The City Council has toe execute or deny new measurements. The Mayor has to uphold the rules in the end. This means in Amsterdam there will be no mayor changes.

I salute you,

MR. Maurice Veldman, Legal rep. for the BCD and THC.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HELL YEAH !!!!!!!

FUCKING GREAT NEWS that is......!!!!!

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was't totally convinced on that.....you knever know with these pencil pushers.....but it also could have something to do with the release of the The Global Commission on Drug Policy report imho.

BCNeil

It means welcome to fucking Amsterdam boys.
I am so happy to hear this.

I travel from Vancouver to Amsterdam once a year and love it.
Wonderful friendly people, beautiful city.
Nothing in life is like being stoned to high heaven wondering around the narrow Amsterdam streets.

Thanks for another 4 years.

Now if nice hotels would be cheaper, oh my.

Damn it! There goes my business plan of becoming rich via selling overpriced coffeeshop weed to tourists that can no longer buy it.

Nah, in all seriousness, this can only be a good thing for the Netherlands and globetrotting stoners worldwide. Just be aware that some cities, particularly the ones in Limburg and Noord-Brabant, have already implemented the wietpas, so if you plan on going somewhere other than Amsterdam in the Netherlands, steer clear of the southern border provinces (if you're looking to toke).

It'll obviously still be available, but from the street and at inflated prices.

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
Any word on Haarlem? I used to prefer to ride the train out to Nol's and get reasonably priced good quality hash and then come back to de Dam.

peace -fb