What's new

AMSTERDAM 2010 "must see"

thaiboxer

i've spent several weeks total in 'the dam', my favorite place ended up being this little hole in the wall called Prix d'Ami, right near the train station. Try the fishermans friend, i swear it was some of the best in shit town. I looked it up & its supposedly a proprietary powerplant mother they have had for years.

J

JackTheGrower

The best way to do all the good things tourists do is get one of those "Tourist" packages.. Man I just got up. What is it called where you buy the booklet with all the coupons that include the museums, transportation and discounts? They sell them in the visitors centers.

Mind ya you will have to be willing to hustle to get here and there but there is always a boat ride and a beer to relax with included.

Lets see there is a Science museum where folks go to sit on the roof and enjoy the sun. Another place to rest!

Was it the Torture Museum where they have the roller-coaster? I still have my image burned in the glass cube.

There is a lot you can do in Amsterdam and most of the great clubs don't even open until 11 pm.

But for sure to get an idea of things spend as many days as you can and study up on that Tourist Package they sell and do it all! You will be tired but it also will be memories you will keep like I have.

You will have to be "Trucklin" do get all the "Tourist" things done but it is worth the effort. Yes some of it is Cheesy but still very fun.

G

Guest 147054

Best coffeeshop i think is Mellow Yellow. The first coffeeshop in the dam and 6g Blueberry for 20euro....bargain.

Best night spot by far is Bourbon Street Blues Bar @ Leidsekruisstraat 6-8.
Its sick, proper blues playin and smokin joints. When i was there a guy was rockin on the guitar wit the barmaid pouring a bottle of jack down his throat. Some night!!!

Greenmopho

LOL...thats funny, I've probably seen Rez in Foodism and didn't know it. I love that spot...Herb Pesto Goat Cheese sandwich and fresh made carrot juice! Another great hidden lunch/sandwich shop is called "LEF" on the corner of Wijde Heisteeg and Singel. There is another I frequent behind damn square with some awesome soup/salad/panini combo lunches, I think its Cafe Van Daele?

As far as coffeeshops, I used to like Amnesia, but they have been weird lately. Grey area is always cool, but too many Americans hanging around. As big as Barney's is, they still have friendly service, and helped me out with their strains and seed selections when I asked, and have always been that way. I prefer Barney's Lounge on the south end of town for any of the Barney's spots, rather than the more tourist areas. The Noon is cool too, usually my breakfast spot, where I will do a nice spliff, read the paper, drink a moroccan tea, and then head off to Vondelpark right around the corner.

Enjoy Amsterdam folks...

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't forget:
-cannabis college,
-Botanic Garden (in summer don't miss butterfly greenhouse... you can see them posing on your fingers...)
-Sensi seeds coffeshop opposite the museum(they don't sell grass, but lovely place to stay in the mornings)
-take a trip outside Ams to find good weed for fair prices, (Haarlem, denhaag, rotterdam, Breda, den helder...there don't mind on names, evaluate the stuff personally before buying quantity, but bargain and quality...)
-in town look for exotics but careful with extra prices, (grey area, katsù, dampkrig)
-Tweede kamer (same dampkrig menu but cozy atmosphere. bit too small maybe)
-Pollinator company for any question for hash production (if you're also interested in books the right place to ask)
-have a smoke in Vondelpark
-rent a bike, best way to travel around
-Heineken brewery
-as a toker, anywhere you go, you'll feel a sort of "liberty" difficult to find in any other place of world...
Hope this helps

Attachments

• butterfly.jpg
    butterfly.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 29

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best coffeeshop i think is Mellow Yellow. The first coffeeshop in the dam and 6g Blueberry for 20euro....bargain.

Best night spot by far is Bourbon Street Blues Bar @ Leidsekruisstraat 6-8.
Its sick, proper blues playin and smokin joints. When i was there a guy was rockin on the guitar wit the barmaid pouring a bottle of jack down his throat. Some night!!!

Gee! I wish Blueberry was that cheap @ Mellow Yellow! Actually it is 4g for €25. On this site is their menu from March 2010 but the price of the Blueberry hasn't changed since then and is still a good smoke, most of the time.

B

bonjourbonjour

Get out of Amsterdam the majority of the weed you buy there will be sub par. Buy your weed in Harlem and smoke and party in Amsterdam. Just take the train its only a 20 min ride. The beer is cheap and delicious so make sure your load up on that too. O ya dont forget the cheese and pastry's

The following are the Coffee Shops I visited

Amnesia
Blues Brothers
Blue Bird
Green House
Green PLace
Grey Place
Grey Area
Doplhin
Mellow Yellow
Katsu
Dampkring