What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AMS and Covid rules

Ca++

Anyone know when the non-jabbed can visit The Dam?
The French have lost interest now. They are no longer asking any covid related questions.
Greece Italy Spain Portugal France Belgium, we can visit them all in a row. Not Holland.
I have not left the UK since Brexit. Has anything changed at the crossings? Do we just roll up with our passport and pay the price still?

If things change, can you let me know? I don't have a TV so miss a lot of things.

Ca++

Will do Creeper
I found this page of some use https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-to-the-eu/
It seems we can just stroll up with a passport, but taking the car looks more complicated. I don't have a valid driving license so might have to get one printed on eBay.
Never thought about taking duty free out with me. Beer would use my cabin allowance up, but £11.50 less per liter of spirits could be interesting. Tobacco if you use it. Beno's are about £4

OMG I just looked up fags in the UK, £15! I thought maybe a tenner. So you can save £100 taking 200 out with you. That's about what the flight costs. Then you can bring 200 back.
I don't think the tunnel has duty free. While for a smoker, flights are transfers are actually saving you money, not costing anything. That's a no-brainer.

Let me just look at that again..
London to AMS is £50 return. Add two nights, call it £120. That's 3 packets of fags, saving £10 a day. So you are £90 down. Then you fly home buying 10 more packets, saving £100. You are £10 up, but need to pay the connections. On the way out you buy a 4th packet, open in your pocket coming home. There is another £10 towards connections. It's a free holiday. Plus, you have that alcohol allowance. If you only stopped one night, you would actually make money to buy a few grams.

I fly from EMA for about £120 and don't smoke. That's £190 gap beween me and a London smoker. Plus two shots in the arm of useless meds.

Ca++

@Creeperpark

20th September the page was updated. We can go. Just a passport.

Hay! Though my life is bedlam until Christmas, Just knowing I can sit by the canals again is a relief. I should really have a flat there. Not my favourite room.

Latest posts

Latest posts