What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amnesia old school cut question

Cantharellus

Karma could you tell us a little about this cut ? Smells and flower time ? This cut is not the core or the hypro cut ? I have the amnesia x a5 on the way and would like to know.

C

ChicagoG

This is old school SSH cut sweet bubblegum, called Amnesia.

picture.php

It is like that on left Core cut not like right, C haze dom ''Amnesia Haze'' which was Amnesia soma cut cup winner 04 x G13 haze C also by soma.

They are very close like.

But core high is like NL/SK with thai/hZ twist.

While ''Amnesia haze'' high is like thai/haze C with very little influence of Sk/NL on bud strucutre and high.

Also core is good at 70-75 days flower,while other is good at 93 days of flower.

To sum up Amnesia x A5 is that old core cut SSH bubblegum NL/SK pheno crossed to A5 reversed.

Cantharellus

Not to be rude but go back over to hempy's thread as your info really means nothing to me. Your stories are just that...stories. Soma is a fucking joke dude... "rodelization" fuck me hermization is what its called.

C

ChicagoG

Not to be rude but go back over to hempy's thread as your info really means nothing to me. Your stories are just that...stories. Soma is a fucking joke dude... "rodelization" fuck me hermization is what its called.

I just tell what is in that pack so that is truth.
You dont have to love me or my infos i give you what it is and try to help you.
You are just one more childish guy who is retarded and thats all
future with big egos and stupid folks is dark for this industry and that is fact.

you are like children when you are told that there is no Santa Claus, you are not angry with yourself for believing such nonsense, but for others who have told you that you are a believer in lies.
:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there Karma :tiphat:

I believe i have this Amnesia cut, big fave of mine for some years..
I was told that it came through a guy called peesh and was originally from you...and is the 'cup winning cut' - I'm in UK
To me it is a very unique smell, Lemony but also minty/peanut/fuelly, hard to describe.
Do you think this is the same cut? and if so what should i call it? You say it is the old hy pro cut... is there a different hy pro cut? is this different from the core cut?
(ive gone and got myself all confused lol )

picture.php

thanks, VG

Kijell

Hy-Pro Cut is Original Amnesia which is Enemy of the State x Neville's Haze.
This is the best Amnesia in my opinion.

Then there is Amnesia Haze which might come from SSH Pheno, Core Cut should be this.
And then there are things like Soma making his own Amnesia Haze with G13 Genetics and so on.

Koondense

Veteran
It's funny how every time I read about amnesia there's another version of reality being created.
Always thought the Hy-Pro=Core=SSH pheno and Soma used the name because of its hype.
Tell you what, I'll pop my Hy-Pro S1 seeds and see what's what.

Cheers

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
In austria u got an other amesia cut than the core.
More sweet cottoncandy smell and not that strong punch as the core cut. Most significant for me was the early flower onset indoor. First pistills in a week with little buds at 14d 11/13. Sadly its gone and the shop sells now the core. Think the shop called it also hypro cut?

Any one know what amnesia cut that was?

Also another shop sold an amnesia golden cut but i never tried that one. Any info on that?

Thx chilliwilli

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys i'm even more confused now lol.

Does what i've described sound like the hypro? - complex smell but the strongest twang is a soft lemon... possibly a little spearmint.

VG

Kijell

Yes you could describe smell as complex earthy lemon flavour, really unique.
When you go to the good coffeeshops in Netherlands you will get this when you order Amnesia.
Just bought Amnesia in different Coffeeshops last month there and buds look like in picture.

I have been ordering this for over 10 years all over Netherlands and I know this Amnesia well.
Trademark of this pheno are the big long swollen calyxes like you see in the picture and full of resin.
And like I said Amnesia Haze is a mostly a different thing in Netherlands.

I dont know if Karma really has used this cut in his breeding but this is the famous Dutch Amnesia Cut from back in the day
and my favourite all time strain, because of nostalgia and growing up with it.

This is a picture of Amnesia Hy-Pro Buds
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'm certain thats the one... and been looking at my pms and it seems to fit.

VG

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Always thought the hypro cut is the core cut? And the haze addition was more a mistake?
The amnesia haze core cut in austria would also fit vg smell description kinda mentholated lemon. It also grows that significant swollen calyx. Whats also kind of unique to the cut is that the branches are stiff and tend to not bend and there for grow more horizontal. Strong stretch with rock hard buds.

Kijell

Yes you could be right that it is the same cut but I don't really know I can only share this picture.
This whole story is pretty confusing but I know my Amnesia when I get it :p
Your buds on the picture dont really have the prolific foxtailing and huge calyxes, you can really count the calyxes from afar on the Hy- Pro Cut.
And yes kind mentholated lemon with incense/musky smell fits right.

I have not grown any of this plants I just buy them as buds and have not directly seen other cuts or buds from them given to me.
It would be unknown to me what other Amnesia I am smoking.

I have a pack of Amnesia A5 Haze from Karma and will grow it next year. Excited for this one

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Sorry the pics are the other cottoncandy smelling amnesia not the core cut. I was also a little confused as the shop called the cotton candy smelling cut also hypro cut and it was dev an other plant than the core cut.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports, and more than one cut.

The old thread is interesting but seems also contradictory, i need to read it again...

i'm in the UK and the cuts take on extra 'mythology', but i'm pretty sure there are 2 cuts here. A friend who already had the core cut requested the one i have as well, thinking it different.. so who knows.
Thanks for the info,

VG

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I have read here about core cut, hy-pro cut, ibo cut and golden cut not sure how many different cut those are. Could be 1-4. i personal know 2 different cuts called amnesia both are very nice smoke worth the hype and both also fit the name amnesia for their effects.

Since amnesia is kind a backbone of the industry in nl we will never know for sure. It has already become a trademark what made a "legitimate" cut worth some money in the days and depending who u trust u got the real deal or waste some money.

Last edited: