What's new

America's National Parks

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Looking for everyone's favorite National parks..... and some experiences.

My two favorite are Yellowstone, which i visited when i was prob only 10 or so. And then here on the North east Coast.... Acadia.

I could probably live on Mount Desert Island and never leave and be completely content living there the rest of my life. It has everything, waterfalls, cliffs, the ocean, rivers, lakes.

Don't really remember much of Yellowstone, besides I really wana go back there now and get a buncha pictures.

My third favorite is Fort Jefferson, AKA the dry tortugas. Its 90 Miles Southwest of Keywest, FL. You can only get there via sea plane or high speed Cat, however it was the most amazing snorkling I have ever seen in the US.

John Pennecamp (sp) is pretty cool in Key Largo, being the countries only underwater National Park.

I am dieing to get to some of the giant ones out west. Also the ones in Alaska look amazing.

brendon420

when i was younger we road tripped all over and saw all of the big ones, yellowstone yosemite and a few others. we also did caverns, that was fun too!

the new road trip idea i would like to do is old abandoned mining towns and ghost towns...california is littered with them!

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
when i was younger we road tripped all over and saw all of the big ones, yellowstone yosemite and a few others. we also did caverns, that was fun too!

the new road trip idea i would like to do is old abandoned mining towns and ghost towns...california is littered with them!

hah, nice.... on my trip out to Yellowstone years ago we stopped in one of those towns in SD i wana say. Man i forget what the name of the town was, it was outside the black hills.

Now i'd like to do a cannoe/camping mix trip over the course of a few days. Camping along the river as you went.... with friends. That would be a cool trip.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can do some great canoe trips through Grand Tetons wich is right next to yellow stone.
have fun

I

idoreallytry

yellowstone is great,,,teh northwest US is all beautiful,,,i have yet to see northeast US would love to see it someday,,,peace

gtbuds2332

I've been to Grand Canyon National Park and hiked part of the bright angel trail, we went about
4 miles down and then 4 miles back up...it was a lot tougher and hotter than i expected

I've also backpacked for 7 days in Yosemite National Park which is an experience that anyone
who likes hiking should do, it was absolutely beautiful

Also been to Crater Lake NP

I have a 7 day backpacking trip planned this summer in Smoky Mountains National Park, so that
will be 4 parks I can scratch of the list, only 54 to go lol

there are so many national parks i would love to go to...i plan on trying to go to all of them at
some point in my life but to name a few i REALLY want to go to...
-Denali National Park (Alaska)
-Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
-Olympic National Park (Washington)
-Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
-North Cascades National Park (Washington)

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Crater lake in Oregon and Yosemite in California are the only ones I have made it to, Crater lake is awesome, and Yosemite was crowded and over developed.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Best times were swimming in the rivers on hot summer days and horse back riding.

Attachments

• cascades.jpg
    cascades.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 37
  • river.jpg
    river.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 35
  • waterfall-wide.jpg
    waterfall-wide.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Smoky_Mtn_View.jpg
    Smoky_Mtn_View.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 31

beer batter

Yosemite, I know theirs dif experiences depending what season. I went lest august late and found a pebble beach at sentinel picnic area to swim and have some eats (theirs a trail all the way to the far left after some restrooms{trail is to the right}) the waters where cold but we still swam and put are lawn chairs in the middle of sentinel stream between the huge rock faces -laying back with my hands and feet in the moving stream was great after hustling so much in the garden, I even washed my feat in the water and theirs was some kids that came by later -great place for kids the bottom is smooth and the water is clear, reminds me of Colorado how cold it was. I could imagine that spot I like would have dif water temps depending the month and also current speed, we sat in lawn chairs and the current was relaxing and energizing almost. Our friend that scouted it noticed a dear across the stream so it’s not a crowded area like everywhere else in the park some girls came to tan as we left.
I sat in that stream for 45 min with a Pepsi in the arm of my chair getting a tan -I brought edibles and smoked before leaving to go to the park to mitigate fire concerns.