What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Allergies and Vaporizers

Nicole_Jasmine

A friend said that vaporizer are beneficial when you have certain allergies, I searched the internet but could not come up with anything that said so. I’m just throwing it out there, would anyone know if vaporizers are useful for certain allergies? Thanks guys.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Your referring to a humidifier correct?

I know as a kid when I was having breathing difficulties my mother would put a small humidifier/vaporizer in my bedroom with a dab of vics in it. It seemed to help loosen up your sinuses and have you wake feeling better.

I'm pretty sure there are various essential oils (like eucalyptus) and additives you can add to these warm mist humidifiers to help with allergies and such.

Don't know the specifics, but interested as well. My sinuses/allergies are constantly resulting in poor breathing ability through my nose.

EDIT - I see your signature link going to a vaporizer. Trying to catch robot links? SPAM?

hey i need advice, whenever i break up weed and scratch or touch my skin anywhere (face, legs, arms and armpits) little red bumps appear all over the area and are itchy. This only happens when weed comes in contact with my skin. Those bumps go away after half hour. I've also been sneezing a lot when smoking and while it could be the cats, I have never been tested for allergies and not sure how to approach a doctor about testing for weed allergies lol

Think I'm wrong? Ever hear of these symptoms?

TheArchitect

Veteran
from personal experience

yes vaporizers are easier than smoke on the allergies...

but ya still gotta get it in there so if your like me your eyes are done no matter what.

and blunt girl, i get the same rash, lol, it sucks, best is to wear long sleeves when trimming, and i go so far as to get a respirator with activated carbon, capable of capturing VOC's, as the strong fresh terpenes drive my allergies crazy, just like perfume or collogne.

Oh my the weed smell (especially kush), perfume, citrus fruit smell and flowers make my nose get all twitchy like in bewitched lol you know i even get itchy eyebrows when high , what is that? Lol

watts

ohms
Veteran
I never had that problem until i started growing my own dank weed. I used to buy mexican brick and average dro when i was younger and that didn't make me itch or sneeze.

BudToker

Veteran
hey i need advice, whenever i break up weed and scratch or touch my skin anywhere (face, legs, arms and armpits) little red bumps appear all over the area and are itchy. This only happens when weed comes in contact with my skin. Those bumps go away after half hour. I've also been sneezing a lot when smoking and while it could be the cats, I have never been tested for allergies and not sure how to approach a doctor about testing for weed allergies lol

This is a common reaction for both live and dried cannabis.
See this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101520&highlight=allergic

Good Luck!

-BT :smokeit:

Ruosk

My friend has the same problem - he can't even handle buds without wearing gloves - and I get runny nose and other allergic symptoms from dried buds. Drying is the worst part as the plants really start to reek. Some OTC antihistamines should help, try taking some like half an hour - hour before handling the buds. Maybe you could try and find out if cannabis allergy goes together with some other allergy and get tested for that?

And yeah, I too find vaporizer much easier on airways. Smoking's bad for you, and especially so if you're allergic / asthmatic.

Latest posts

Latest posts