What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

all my females are hermie-ing... $hit

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
got 10 plants from a buddy, who got em from a buddy...etc..etc

i was told they were females.... and they were, growing wonderfully, started to flower around aug 20th... and then saturday i see BALLS... none have opened but they are there- the plants are 9-10feet tall, and i have let them grow untrimmed...

since i am fuk'd with this grow, but would like some weed for the winter, i have started to snip the balls with tweezers.. what a PITA...

i am thinking that if i trim the bottom growth, it will make it waaay easier to snip the balls from the top buds. i realize trimming in flower and stressing the plants ain't the best thing to do, but desperate times call for drastic measures...

i had an idea that when i water i will spray em from the top... poss washing away some of the pollen, as there is no way i will get em all snipped...

any help would be appreciated...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Your only real option is to keep doing what you're doing. But with a giant plant like that it will be hard.

One chemical response would be Switch from Optic Foliar. It keeps females from growing balls.
You must mix the Switch into Transport.
Transport is a great thing to have around anyways. It's a great product for foliar

PDX Dopesmoker

If you can keep the plant misted with water continuously until harvest then you might prevent the pollen from ever becoming effective, otherwise prepare yourself to make the whole plant into hash is all I could guess.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just spent another 90mins snipping balls- also sprayed the plants with water from the top down... i think that's going to be a daily job....

Latest posts

Latest posts