What's new

All green light is not created equal

pinkus

Veteran
I just wanted to share my recent experience regarding green light and it's use for lighting that doesn't interrupt flowering.

Well, the green LEDs that I left on for about a week and a half completely fuct my girls. I could see something happening, but thought that probably my LED panels were too close to the tops. Thought that I might have nute issues. Then I noticed that buds hidden from the green light were still forming, but what were formerly buds in its direct light were back to stretching.

The green light is now off, and things are starting to go back, but my normally 13 week plants are at 14 with no real buds.

I will put this out there as an open question (that I might take advice about): This is a very sativa plant, quite overgrown on a scrog screen, just how much should I remove? 50%? 75%?25%?

Really though, just don't do what I just did.

:bandit:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have nothing useful to offer, but I had a feeling those green lights weren't all they were made out to be when I saw a huge pile of them 50% off at my local grow shop.

pinkus

Veteran
The chance was taken because I have used it in the past and there were no issues. It has also been demonstrated to keep plants from stretching as much as without it. At least I have read about the stretch limiting aspects, have not noted it myself. In fact they are stretching like crazy now. I didn't think that I WAS risking it. Old school, incandescent "party bulbs" never caused me a problem.

But really it was me knowing enough to be dangerous.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
green light is as quantum efficient as blue. Plants do use and sense it.

The concept that plants cant see green is stupid and always was imo.

Anything putting out more than 10 lux or 1 foot candle at the leaf will trigger them into staying in day mode.

Moon light is much weaker than people think. Like a 10th to a 5th of the power of a candle at a foot away. Which is why the moon doesnt fuck their rhythms.

Grapefruitroop

Why did you leave the green led on for a week and a half? What lights were they?
:yoinks::yoinks::yoinks: :yoinks:

Serious man why??

I recently bought a green LED small bulb light to install in the room but I never did it yet....I was planning on have it just in extreme necessity for few minutes..maybe.....I generally don't have any reasons to be there at night...

Sorry for what happened:comfort:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A green led golf ball lamp of an equivalent size to a 15w should be fine in the bedroom ceiling. Or a 100 led green rope light. I use both, and the rope light has been screwed up in a ball within a plant with no noticeable effect to localised buddage. I used a 20w cob at close quarters and that did have an effect.

Grapefruitroop

Or a 100 led green rope light.

Thats a badass idea! I got a 15w but I was wondering if was able to provide useful light given the shape of the room that is rectangular.....with one of those rope it could be more uniform!

thanks for inspiring!:peacock:

I mean all light is on a spectrum of wavelength. And technically there is an infinite amount of wavelengths between 444 nm and 446 nm, with green being at 445 nm.

Latest posts

Latest posts