What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

B

ben_710

This is a fantastic guide :good: I'll definitely be using this technique in my 2x2x4 veg tent. Can't wait to do some pheno hunting and pick out a good mom :)

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Awesome write up, whats significant for me is the root pruning for older moms. Makes things very manageable in say a mom that I've been keeping in DWC. I'm trying to figgure out how to keep 30+ moms in a small space, and this is how i'm going to do it.

Aphotic

This is exactly what I needed!!! So not only does this solve a space issue I was dealing with, but I also get to change out my 600wMH for a couple shop lights!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Dblbogey

The few great threads, with such super detail, are making it hard for me to get anything else done.

I find the threads dealing with the horticulture of cannabis more riveting than the True Crime books on Amazon that once obsessed me.

But the front step repairs are not getting done, the peeling paint on the second floor cedar shingles is showing signs of trashy trailer park maintenance, and my mother-in-law is threatening to kidnap her daughter and take her back home.

Wish you guys weren't so thorough with your writing, and the pics are better than those in Playboy. Try to be more boring so I can get something else done.

DanDanger

This was a great guide. And is now something I will apply to my clone of Grand Daddy Purple. Oh, man... Love this cut, and don't wanna lose this one! My problem was, I am new to cloning and keep a clone mother... And! I don't know how I could cut so many little branches off, and expect to live!
I can rest easy now ;) Thank you for such a detailed guide.

Wow this was what ive always done when i was griwing pack in pre2010!
nice to rewmember back the days where you pulled all the bonsai mothers in a small box just to survive...

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So I finally got a lollipoped lil bonsai plant to use as my mother plant to take clones from. Its been for ever since I had any bonsai plants. She is a sativa and is only growing 3 bladed fan-leafs and is starting to branch off now. Ill take cuttings once she grows around 7 more inches tall. and keep taking cuttings every so often to keep the flowers flowing.

I really hope I can keep her alive for a long time.
pix commin.

Irael

Very interesting Thread. I have wondered so many times how these clone shops make their Bonsai Mums, now i know :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Okay, I'll bump this thread too, since it's getting a revival. Definitely worthy of a read for newbie or experienced grower.

I started doing this to all my moms in the last year. When and/or if you are tight on veg space, this is the way.

By the way, would this be the same oldtimer of Oldtimer's Haze? Anybody know?

3snowboards

picture.php

GG4 topped once
Wire manipulated
Low light
Low N