What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aliens, yay or nay?

Aliens, yay or nay?

• Absolutely no

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Maybe, i'm not sure

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Of course, there are aliens out there!

Votes: 312 83.6%

• Total voters

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
i havnt said its the only explanation. but no one here offers another theory

only anti and his mythical friends

I didn't say you said that. I'm just saying the same thing Anti is saying, which is that it could possibly be aliens but it's too inconclusive to be certain.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
he cant he can only see from inside his litlle bubble thats called anti the allknowing ;)

I don't know everything. I am fine with not knowing things.

Like when I see a video of lights in the sky... I say, "Hmm. Wonder what that was? I DON'T KNOW!"

What I *DON'T* do is see a video of lights in the sky and say, "ALIENS! What else COULD it be?!?!?!?!"

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
i havnt said its the only explanation. but no one here offers another theory

only anti and his mythical friends

Legalize...

There's REALLY an answer to the square root of 12092381492837491238472349871239128723498237498237491234712981741897

You just need to find that answer.

If you don't KNOW that answer, you can say you don't know.

If I say the answer is ZERO.... you know my answer is wrong. (If you know what a square root is.) What you *DON'T* know is what the TRUE answer is.

So ... my point? It's possible to NOT KNOW THE ANSWER without making someone else's answer (zero or blueberries) any more correct.

HempKat

Veteran
I can see how it can come off that way.

It's been 60 fucking pages and the SAME fucking argument from the SAME fucking people. How seriously do you expect me to treat the SAME fucking question I've already answered sixty fucking times?

Well if it's such a "fucking" problem for you, I'm surprised you're still here, still responding to the same arguements from the same people? After 60 pages you think things are going to suddenly change? Besides what you're saying here might be meaningful if there was a point you were being more respectful of peoples beliefs but what's quoted below is your very first post in the thread (page 3, post #42) and has a decidedly dismissive tone to it.

Hubble - why don't you ask the cherubim?

On the subject of personal experience. Alistair Crowley used to instruct his students to pick a deity at random, and then to fast, meditate, chant, burn candles and incense at an altar and carry on this way until the deity manifested for you.

Once it did, you were instructed to immediately cease worship of that deity and begin to worship a different deity until IT manifested.

Point? If you look hard enough and long enough and you WANT to believe, you can make yoursef believe anything.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Well if it's such a "fucking" problem for you, I'm surprised you're still here, still responding to the same arguements from the same people? After 60 pages you think things are going to suddenly change? Besides what you're saying here might be meaningful if there was a point you were being more respectful of peoples beliefs but what's quoted below is your very first post in the thread (page 3, post #42) and has a decidedly dismissive tone to it.

I'm not here to hold anybody's hand.

I have been very reasonable with anyone who is not making unsubstantiated claims. And considering just HOW absurd many of these claims have been phrased, I'd say I was being pretty damn reasonable in my answers to those who ARE making unsubstantiated claims.

My name is "Anti" not "Happy Love Smurf"

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
ive never said i know the truth. i thought you knew what a theory was guess not.

Well, I do know what a theory is.

For instance, the THEORY of gravity is the model of the universe that explains why things fall when we drop them. It's the closest thing that science has to "PROOF".

There's also the "layman's" definition of theory which means something close to "speculation" or "hypothesis."

Hypothesis is an UNTESTED idea about the way some part of the universe seems to work. When a hypothesis gathers enough evidence to support it it becomes a theory.

But that's beside the point.

You said there are lights in the sky. You say those lights COULD BE aliens. I agreed that they COULD BE aliens. But I also said that aliens are not much of an explanation because WE DON'T HAVE EVIDENCE to substantiate the "aliens" hypothesis yet.

If I flip a coin it might come up heads and it might come up tails.

So I flip it and I call "heads" and it comes up tails.

Maybe it came up tails because Aliens didn't want me to win the coin toss.

Or maybe it came up tails because there was a 50/50 chance of that happening.

IF there's no EVIDENCE that aliens are trying to keep me from successfully flipping a coin.... then why would I speculate about it? Why not work from what I *DO* know?

legalizeDK

and I come the theory that what I saw was alien because i can not explain it otherwise.
from what i know from what we humans have achieved it could not explain it. beacuse there is a possibility that i could be aliens and not santa or flying unicorn, because that to me is far out.

I am done with discussing with people like you anti because you will only belive in aliens comming here when a spaceship lands in your front lawn
so there are no point in discussing this subject with you. and no point for you to be in this

HempKat

Veteran

I have been very reasonable with anyone who is not making unsubstantiated claims. And considering just HOW absurd many of these claims have been phrased, I'd say I was being pretty damn reasonable in my answers to those who ARE making unsubstantiated claims.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were elected to the position of judging what is unsubstantiated and what is absurd. I must not have logged on that day. :rolleyes:

It's a thread meant to have fun and share various beliefs people have. It's so commonplace that stoners talk about stuff like aliens, ghosts, bigfoot, etc. when they get stoned it's almost a cliche. It was never intended to be a thread meant to debate and debunk people's beliefs. Yeah you're right, it's not your job to hold anyone's hand but it's not your job to smack anyone's hand down either. Seriously dude, you're pretty fucking full of yourself saying shit like that.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
and I come the theory that what I saw was alien because i can not explain it otherwise.

This is known as the argument from ignorance.

Back in the day, people did not understand what lightning and thunder were.

So they speculated (theorized, if you prefer that word) that Zeus was angry with them.

They couldn't explain it otherwise.

from what i know from what we humans have achieved it could not explain it. beacuse there is a possibility that i could be aliens and not santa or flying unicorn, because that to me is far out.

I didn't put forth santa or unicorns as a SERIOUS option. But unless you have some EVIDENCE that the lights WERE ALIENS there's no better reason to believe it was aliens.

SPECULATING that it was Aliens without any evidence whatsoever is just not very rational. It's jumping the conclusion. it's putting the cart before the horse.

If I ask you for the answer to the square root of 39393810910293810293812093812039812039128301293801293812039812098123029382098209822312312938123981273912873192873129 and you don't know the answer the best response would be:

"I don't know."

If you said "I don't know" and I said "Well, HAHAH, the answer is blueberries" you wouldn't have to know the ACTUAL answer to think my "blueberries" answer was unlikely to be true, would you?

I am done with discussing with people like you anti because you will only belive in aliens comming here when a spaceship lands in your front lawn
so there are no point in discussing this subject with you. and no point for you to be in this

Suit yourself! :blowbubbles:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were elected to the position of judging what is unsubstantiated and what is absurd. I must not have logged on that day. :rolleyes:

I elected myself to the position of judging for myself what is unsubstantiated and what is absurd.

I hereby elect you to judge for yourself whatever the fuck you want to judge. Like you're judging ME, for instance. Have fun with that!

It's a thread meant to have fun and share various beliefs people have. It's so commonplace that stoners talk about stuff like aliens, ghosts, bigfoot, etc. when they get stoned it's almost a cliche.
Thanks, good buddy! I sure didn't realize what this thread was all this time! Boy are my ears red!

It was never intended to be a thread meant to debate and debunk people's beliefs.
I suppose you were elected to make that decision, eh?

Yeah you're right, it's not your job to hold anyone's hand but it's not your job to smack anyone's hand down either. Seriously dude, you're pretty fucking full of yourself saying shit like that.
Seriously dude, you're trying to talk down to me because I'm being too rude in the "aliens" thread. Who's full of himself? Who's being rude?

legalizeDK

you remind me of rainman saying the same shit over and over. save your self the trouble of writing something aimed at me cause i stopped reading your hot air reply

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
you remind me of rainman saying the same shit over and over. save your self the trouble of writing something aimed at me cause i stopped reading your hot air reply

If you want to be "above it" you should just stop responding. You don't need to tell me anything about myself as you storm out the door.

:thank you:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Talking down to you? Good fucking grief you're as bad as Dreams of Tesla trying to make everything all about you. I'm surprised you and her don't get along better.

Hemp! You're talking ABOUT ME. Of course I'm making it about me. I'm not making EVERYTHING about me. But when you're discussing YOUR OPINION OF ME I'm entitled to assume it's about me, right?

That's reasonable to do, isn't it?

Oh and it's not the "aliens" thread as in this is the thread for everyone to debate the existance of aliens. It's the "Aliens, yay or nay" thread.
I suppose someone elected you to make this distinction, eh?

Really all anyone was ever supposed to do here was vote whether they believed in aliens or not and maybe leave an explaination as to why they voted the way they did.
Well then maybe you should just come in here.... VOTE... and then maybe leave an explanation for why you voted. Instead of participating in the discussion for 70 pages and THEN trying to tell me that I shouldn't be.

Unfortunately people like you and bill come along and say "I'll show everyone how smart I am by tearing down beliefs I don't agree with. I'll teach these fools not to post anything I personally think is nonsense."
I'm not here trying to teach anybody anything and I'm certainly not calling anyone a fool. What I am doing is trying to have a conversation on the internet about aliens. You seem to be having a conversation about how you've got me all figured out and how I'm not as smart as I think I am and how you are definitely smarter than I think you are.

Well.. have fun with that.

I'm not here to try to stop you from doing whatever you want.

I will argue if I disagree, though.

Pointing out you're being rude and asking you to show a more little respect for people's opinions is not talking down to you.
Speculating about who was elected to run this thread while attempting to run this thread *IS* talking down to me, though.

Nor is it a sign of me being full of myself. It's just asking one person to be a little more respectful. It could have all stopped with me asking if you can see where you were being insulting.
It could've stopped BEFORE you decided to start judging me int he first place. it could've stopped AFTER I told you that i *COULD* see what you were saying.

Unfortunately you had to go on and justify it by saying after 60 pages this is what you were driven to.
Unfortunately, you asked a question, which I then answered. You didn't like my answer, so you responded. And so on. Unfortunately, that's how conversations often work.

Unfortunately that wasn't true which I demonstrated with your very first post in the thread that you've been dismissive and disrespectful all along.
I agreed that I have been relatively dismissive of points that I think are unsubstantiated. You pointing it out to me is NOT forwarding the "Aliens, yay or nay" discussion one whit.

It's also not very humble. Maybe you were elected to point crap out that should be obvious?

Then the truth comes out that you're not here to hold anyone's hand (translation: I'll say whatever I please and fuck you if you don't like it).
I didn't say fuck you. Those are your words.

You're a real class act Anti. :rolleyes: :jerkit:
Thanks, Hemp! You seem to be kind of a self-righteous prick.

Hubbleman

Veteran
As for me, i don't have any answers for you.
All i know is that Cherubim come to me, they've done it for years.
If i knew they were real aliens i woundlt start this thread
What do they want is not clear.
They might be real aliens, then again its possible its a demon.
I still do not know.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My name is "Anti" not "Happy Love Smurf"

Anti =
picture.php

Hubbleman

Veteran
Speaking of Smurfs... my Cherubim buddies tell me there is a planet , a solar system, not far away that harbour aliens similar to smurfs.

There skin color is blue and they are quite beautiful to behold at

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Speaking of Smurfs... my Cherubim buddies tell me there is a planet , a solar system, not far away that harbour aliens similar to smurfs.

There skin color is blue and they are quite beautiful to behold at

I saw that movie. When they wanna fuck, they braid their ponytails together at the ends.

Special Effects were pretty groundbreaking but the story was (imho) pretty predictable and preachy.