Alaskan Ice

wopuVR

Ally has had the shaft on light ever since she started to act funny, I sorta let the other two get most of the prime space. Annie and Ally aren't done yet, the random ronda one was 2 zips. I estimate like 3-4 for Annie, less than 1 for Ally. 400 MH veg, 400 HPS flower. very small space, 3' wide x 1.5' deep x 2.5' tall.

D

danimal7

Smelly Nelly 3 weeks into flower I,ve never smelled anything like this in a live plant . These 3 week old ,tiny little buds are stanking like an exhaled cloud of 8 week cured White Widow ,
picture.php

1 out of my 3 AIs was a mutant that just stopped growing ....and rightly so , cause she was Fugly...here she is ...dead now
picture.php

D

danimal7

ok ,Ive been over this thread twice now and I think ive have deduced that Beth the tall/no smell may be the pheno most similar to Annie eyecandy. and smelly UGLY nelly is closer to Ally ice ?
I guess I'll just have to finish them off to know for sure , I made clones of both and they are looking nice , they were not fast rooters , twice as long as normal
wopuVR ,
thanks for repsonding twice to my yield Questions and respect on a F-en Awesome small watts & small space grow....keep up the good work

wopuVR

ya, thats what my guess was too, seem similar. Some people say there are like 4 phenotypes with this strain. Although, I think its more complicated than that, its more like children or something. The parents bring certain traits and genetics, and each individual quality can be either or in the child, like eyes, hair, height, body build, etc. So its more than likely that if more and more Alaskan Ice are started, the best possible combination can be found. Which I think would be, great taste/smell, shorter 9 week flower, trichome development throughout entire flower cycle, density, good branching, and of course best high.

When taking the cuttings, did you take from bottom or top? sometimes the tops root really slow. Both annie and ally, from seed, germinated in the water overnight, sprouted from the dirt in 2 days, and roots out the side of pellets in another 5. Same with cloning, pellets had big hairy roots all around within 5 days. I guess I did try some from the top, those took almost 3 weeks to show roots, incubator babies... without that hood, surely would have died.

wopuVR

I forgot it resizes to 800x800, so i cut out a 800x800 section of full resolution. The blue tint is just from the flash I think, and the camera doesn't have enough reference colors to figure out if its blue or white. It more just looks white. Once it dries, the green is going to shrink and the trichs will pull closer and it will look even more white! I tried to color correct the blueish close up:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wopuVR

alaskan 68 days

cool, the pistils on that look very orange, it has a completely different color scheme going. There was this white widow I had once, it had a ton of orange hairs, that and the coated in sugar look to it.

how did you get the image to do that resize thing btw.. so it only loads the full size when you click on it.

Walt Jabsco

thanks VR! good eye on that alaskan ice being widow. it is a 3 way haze/ white widow backcrossed to the widow father 4 times. it does have those striking orange hairs you speak of.
to thumnail a pic click on insert. change the drop down beside AS: thumbnail, linked to original.

wopuVR

franco.gh! thanks for... this amazing strain. this pheno I found that I've been calling Annie Eyecandy, has lived up to her name in every way imaginable. I'm going to try to keep her genetics alive and see about growing her out with different methods. I already know of some others with some Annie too, heh, so I shall see how those turn out as well. Going to try organic next, see if I can bring out that surreal flavor some more, its out of this world, so unique.

Now dry enough to start curing:
picture.php

if you look closely, you can see some of the calyxes have white lines along the edge of the opening. this is probably why it looks so white, sneaky plant! but it definitely is also coated very heavily in trichs, especially since they were showing up as soon as the first few pistils, from 2nd week all the way till finish at 9.
picture.php

picture.php

this is the same bud, just opened up. you can see the calyx claws are long and narrow, but the internodes are short, so they layer ontop of each other nicely, hiding hordes of trichs on the inside.
picture.php

D

danimal7

50 days and this girl(Beth) aint looking so hot ....looks like one of them fuck up phenos. I have another pheno (smelly Nelly) and she is the most pungent ugliest plant I have ever see
anyway i dont think this is gonna fill out any more...I have several nice clones , should i just kill them or give them to this dude that wants some clones for outside?
edit : i will post a pic of nelly later if anyone is interested
edit II: when I say Nelly is ugly , its just the leaves, the buds are looking ok....but DAMN the STAnk
picture.php

Walt Jabsco

still baffles me that a haze backcrossed 4 times to a white widow can come out almost 100% haze.
i am starting to think that perhaps some packs got mixed together by mistake.
some rather pure haze seeds mistakenly got mixed in to the alaskan ice batch of seeds. it just seems too bizarre to be that it is not a very well selected strain and is expressing the haze trait so strongly.
for what its worth the stringy stuff is simply some of the greatest headstash youll ever encounter albeit inconvenient to cultivate indoors. as franco has stated earlier the people in the know that have encountered this hazey alaskan ice have been rejoicing and thanking greenhouse breeders not complaining.

shotgun1

i just finished my first grow. 1 was alaskan ice. i got 6 ounces of dried sticky lemon smelling buds. it was my best plant out of 6. i guess i got lucky. if i knew i would get another like it i would grow again. this AI will wreck you

Bugman

Alaskan Ice Haze Pheno

Alaskan Ice Haze Pheno

This is my AI at the end of week 4 of 12/12. It was 36" tall in these shots and is now 43.5 inches tall just 4 days later. I hope she stops stretching soon and starts filling. Looks like cotton balls all over it! No real smell, but definite lemon tones when I rub the stalk. Anyone else experience a pheno similar to this?

Here's what I've got going with mine (which are just starting week 4 of 12/12)...

picture.php

Perfect health! Even canopy! Yeah! :jump:

picture.php

That's pretty tight node spacing for a haze-based plant. I attribute the stacking to the kelp and minor spread between day time (hot) and night time (cold) temperatures.

picture.php

The thickness is getting crazy. So, I spaced the plants out since this photo was taken.

picture.php

With plants over 3 feet tall the very bottoms weren't getting as much light as they need to. The bottom 1/3 was trimmed to concentrate development closer to the lights. Maybe I'll get organized and post the developments.

(A few days later...)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are the infamous haze pheno that normally stretches to the heavens. -not on my shift they don't! I'm praying to the cannabis gods that these things actually make buds.

igorski

I have one Alaska growing beside other strains and she is the best! Indoor, 210cm tall in 8th week of flowering!!!! Many many buds, i tried smoking one from lower branches at week 8, and the high is what I am looking for, a brain devastator because after many years of smoking I grow only the strongest. I have been smoking now for 18 years and growing for 5 years. Alaska is one of the best strains ever. You can see some pics under profile of my grow and in my signature, but in a month time I will put a full report on Alaska and other GreenHouse seeds I grow at the moment. Check my profile. Give me thoughts please and lets exchange knowledge.
Franco, I know you have many messages to read, but try see my plants since I grow Alaska and HImalaya that not many people have grown yet. Any advice is welcome. I fully follow your videos and I have only success.

Live long Franco and Arjan.
Iggy

igorski

still baffles me that a haze backcrossed 4 times to a white widow can come out almost 100% haze.
i am starting to think that perhaps some packs got mixed together by mistake.
some rather pure haze seeds mistakenly got mixed in to the alaskan ice batch of seeds. it just seems too bizarre to be that it is not a very well selected strain and is expressing the haze trait so strongly.
for what its worth the stringy stuff is simply some of the greatest headstash youll ever encounter albeit inconvenient to cultivate indoors. as franco has stated earlier the people in the know that have encountered this hazey alaskan ice have been rejoicing and thanking greenhouse breeders not complaining.

I grow Alaska Indoor. She is totaly HAZE looking and 2 metres tall ;;)) Deffinbetely flowering more than 10 weeks in my case...