What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Airborne - G13

LostTribe

Premium user
G`day MJTI

For Thai in Northern Lights . Look for NL #7-#8-#9

The # system was a degree of Sativa in the cross .
NL#1 was NL affie x Afhgani #1 #.
The # system went all the way up the scale with Colombian , Thai and Indian crosses .

NL #5 was the NL Affie x Hawaiian then Bxd . That was the legendary NL #5 and it was a clone .

That info is from Mr NL .

Nevil mis informed us about Thai in NL ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

"The Indian" was the one that originally bred these different Northern Lights "hybrids" out on some island off the coast of washington state supposedly. He provided these to Nevil at the original seed bank.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Mr. Jim Ortega aka dogless was the one that originally bred these different Northern Lights "hybrids" out on some island off the coast of washington state supposedly. He provided these to Nevil.

Dogless posts sometimes on another forum as does nevil from time to time.

I have been super busy and still have 2 of Reef's AG-13 going at 2nd leaf sets but one sorta took a turn for the worse due to operator neglect as I have not had time to bring them up to speed. Might pull thru the other is going strong VERY INCICA short, super supa wide leafs!

G`day LT

Your getting your Urban Myths mixed up there bro .

Jim Ortega aka Dogless supplied Maple Leaf Indica and other Indica strains to Nevil.

NL was created by a guy by the Handle of NL Greg . And his Vietnam Vet buddies . The original Affie came from a Hydro store in Seattle .

The "Island" and the "Indian" are from when Nevil went to the USA looking for NL after NL Greg went underground .
Quote:
Aloha, Don (aka the Indian) was from the Queets Tribe in Washington State who got injured on the job and needed a way to supplement his income. We set him up with lights substrate and strains and he worked for several years until his Son got out of the Army. Our relationship soured when Nevil tried the backdoor direct bypass me so all seeds to The Netherlands were halted for 30 years now. I sent bag-weed seed and kept the good strains in Seattle.

There is an old cut named Pez after Lopez Island in Washington .
I`ve grown S1s and its as close to NL#5 I have found .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

LostTribe

Premium user
G`day LT

Your getting your Urban Myths mixed up there bro .

Jim Ortega aka Dogless supplied Maple Leaf Indica and other Indica strains to Nevil.

NL was created by a guy by the Handle of NL Greg . And his Vietnam Vet buddies . The original Affie came from a Hydro store in Seattle .

The "Island" and the "Indian" are from when Nevil went to the USA looking for NL after NL Greg went underground .

There is an old cut named Pez after Lopez Island in Washington .
I`ve grown S1s and its as close to NL#5 I have found .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

You are correct I forgot it was a guy supposedly going by the name "The Indian" on an island off the coast of seattle washington. I shall correct the above info as not to cause misinfo!

I know dogless did provided dr green thumb and neville with the original G13 thought for certain as well as the Maple Leaf Indica. I was checkin out that long ass mns g13 thread.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
You are correct I forgot it was a guy supposedly going by the name "The Indian" on an island off the coast of seattle washington. I shall correct the above info as not to cause misinfo!

I know dogless did provided dr green thumb and neville with the original G13 thought for certain as well as the Maple Leaf Indica. I was checkin out that long ass mns g13 thread.

G`day LT

KInda ...
Ortega sold a clone to Dr GT for 25 K !!

G13 was obtained on the trip to the USA . Don`t think it came from Ortega though . Nevil said he bought it off a lady in the US no mention of Ortega in the transaction .

Ortega and MLI genes came a cpl of years later .

There was much controversy re that G13 Ortega sold . A hybrid ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

LostTribe

Premium user
No clue just thought I'd mention it anyways the 1 reef Airborne G13 s1 I have right now is very indica and only working on 3rd leaf set but trying to get her some more space in the coming weeks.

I have a close friend with the cut too so hoping to compare the two. I did get some nugs of the cut a few months back.

CaliOutdoor

images

LostTribe

Premium user
I finally got around to flowering Reeferman's Airborne S1 out its looking really nice, very easy to grow all around. Getting resiny at 2 weeks of bloom too. Its blooming very fast too so I am excited to see how it compares to the cutting. Once it starts to look like real nug I will share some pics of her. Maybe a week or so if she keeps it up.

Anyone got a day count on this one I thought Reef said it was 45-55 days but will have to check around as I dont have any info on the breeder pack.

These are looking like they are gonna be the most Indica plants I have ever worked and they are only at 2nd leaf sets at this point....Excited! Hope the resemble the mom!
These were not pure Airborne G13S1s from Scott Farms/Reef, not S1s - the S1s I made were Given to Nev and popped in AUS. We talked about the project openly on MNS forums in 2010 along with the bubba project which was deleted after Nevil was removed along with a few other selected threads. Eventually Reef got involved in the middle of Me and Nevs work, insisted I send him a cut and have Nev vouch for him not screwing me.. the inevitable happened and Scott broke his word, told Nev that it “made him look broke” doing projects with me. And that was that. Reef ended up with the seeds and screwed over Nevil promptly - and that’s history. Nevil soon left the online sphere and worked with a now very close friend after Kanga got popped. I’ve had the opportunity to speak with some of Nev’s blood relations lately and they’re lovely people. I hope in the near future we can bring out some extra info that has been erased from Mr Nice and was left by Nevil in other ways for posterity. The one thing I can say is that his last wishes were that history gets the genetic part right - he was less concerned with his own legacy than making sure people know exactly what is what to the best he could tell. I admire that regardless of how it all went down. Cheers.

LostTribe

Premium user
These were not pure Airborne G13S1s from Scott Farms/Reef, not S1s - the S1s I made were Given to Nev and popped in AUS. We talked about the project openly on MNS forums in 2010 along with the bubba project which was deleted after Nevil was removed along with a few other selected threads. Eventually Reef got involved in the middle of Me and Nevs work, insisted I send him a cut and have Nev vouch for him not screwing me.. the inevitable happened and Scott broke his word, told Nev that it “made him look broke” doing projects with me. And that was that. Reef ended up with the seeds and screwed over Nevil promptly - and that’s history. Nevil soon left the online sphere and worked with a now very close friend after Kanga got popped. I’ve had the opportunity to speak with some of Nev’s blood relations lately and they’re lovely people. I hope in the near future we can bring out some extra info that has been erased from Mr Nice and was left by Nevil in other ways for posterity. The one thing I can say is that his last wishes were that history gets the genetic part right - he was less concerned with his own legacy than making sure people know exactly what is what to the best he could tell. I admire that regardless of how it all went down. Cheers.
They looked exactly like the Airborne G13 that my bro ran from cut in CO, and all the pics I ever saw back on OG/CW back in the day. The leaves were unmistakable. Reeferman had them listed as "Airborne G13 s1". It was not from scott farms it was great white north seeds out of Cananda.

Sad that Nevil has passed, RIP. Yes it is important to get the genetics straight. MNS however has not been listing things according to how Nevil made the seeds even when he was posting. Well atleast not listing specifically ie the Nordle, NHS or whatever it is and the other one that also contains one of the AfgS/AfgT/Ortega's. I don't know why Shanti listed the NL as Ortega Indica while it is only NL5x2...I wish Shanti would list them properly, it might twist my arm enough to grab the nordle. I have been unable to make myself order the MLI from Sensi. Anyways all of that is probably best left in the MNS forum.

Cheers!

Nannymouse

420giveaway
@LostTribe , Do you know if Great White North Seeds gifted out beans under the handle "Northwind"? If so, that is probably the source of some of many that came my way, back in the old trader daze.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Got no dice in the game and am completely in the dark on the "G13" phenomenon as far as history goes.
I ducked out of the scene in february of 2005 after 16 years of growing full time in the BC, Canada lowermainland. We had a pretty tight circle with affilliations to bikers so things were held tight and lips were shut LOL
Back then everyone held thier genetics so tight. There was not a whole lot of sharing and everything came at a price.
Fast forward to now..... I've been back to growing and breeding full time since 2015 , the same year I joined icmag. Lots of catching up to do as LOTS happened in the cannabis breeding community in that 10 years and I paid no attention to it that whole time. So when strains come up with so much confused lore behind them I try to dig and dig till I get answers.
G13 intrigues me and the discussions here just further to confuse me but that's okay LOL
I was gifted some seeds of Reeferman's G13Bx .....which is the G13 x (g13 x santa marta columbian gold) ..... or at least that is the info I have found online.
The girl I have is the only seed to survive and she is a nice plant. Not an Indica expression although she started out looking that way. I have a decent sized plant in flower right now on day 32 today and 3 nice young plants/clones from her getting prepped for the greenhouse run.
Interested to see how she turns out and if the clone is worth keeping.

these pics were from a week ago or so kind of before and after pruning/thinning pics
2023-05-02 Reeferman G13 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

2023-05-02 Reeferman G13 pic 3 - Copy.JPG
2023-05-02 Reeferman G13 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
nice plant @RDG

my plant is G13bx = airborne g13 x (airborne g13 x santa marta columbia gold)
I would say mine is leaning towards that columbian gold as it is growing spears and narrow leaves.
will get some pics before i chop her

Rgd

Veteran
nice plant @RDG

my plant is G13bx = airborne g13 x (airborne g13 x santa marta columbia gold)
I would say mine is leaning towards that columbian gold as it is growing spears and narrow leaves.
will get some pics before i chop her
what I have I think was hit by an NL..[I forget or never knew]

your cross sound terrific bro..

what I have was grown for nostalgia and preservation..heard about it for years..

smells looks good tastes good ..good wld buzz with some up/euphoria..

I am much more Into sativas

still have BW g13[I think] crossed to pacific's g13 ..

know when I first grew g13BW I found a late flowering baseball bat that almost made me hurl

it was so wld potent..

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I'll get better pics at harvest time but here is the RM G13bx at 58 days of 12/12
In the descriptions I have read, some expressions can go 80 days if they are expressing the columbian side of things.
Assuming this is the RM G13 that was airborne g13 x (airborne g13 x santa marta columbian gold)
sorry for the crappy HPS pic ..... the 3 tall tops are the plant in question
2023-06-09 Reeferman G13bx day 58 of 12hr - Copy.JPG

Reactions: Rgd

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
some mail came the other day and more G13 stuff was included for me to seed increase.
Dutchgrown's G13 -IX Lot GIX0810 which were sold here in icmag by Gypsy and another batch of LUI x G13(lot Nov09L13) . I beleive these date somewhere around 2010 to 2012?
Can't pop them till fall but they are near the top of the list once I start back up inside after fall harvest.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
here is a better pic of the RM - G13 I have going. These are untopped clones fo the one I posted earlier that is flowering inside.
The narrow leaf type is unmistakeable. The structure is fantastic. I have 3 of them but will probably only run with 2 as I need spots in my plant count for other stuff I have going.
2023-06-13 RM-G13 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

2023-06-13 RM-G13 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts