What's new

Agent: Lakers fire Mike Brown after 1-4 start

eastbeast

Phil said last year he wouldn't come back. He wants an office/GM type gig. We'll see though..
Lakers are in for a rough ride.

Wouldn't it be funny if they got Stan Van Gundy? Awkward....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i read an article a few months ago that "from a confidential source" Phil was secretly pining to coach the Lakers with Dwight & Nash & Pau & Kobe.

I was hoping the Buss family was gonna fire Mike Clown then...

D'Antonio is being rumored as the replacement atm...

gotta put on espn radio & klac so i can here the latest form the source

M

Mr frost

i read an article a few months ago that "from a confidential source" Phil was secretly pining to coach the Lakers with Dwight & Nash & Pau & Kobe.

I was hoping the Buss family was gonna fire Mike Clown then...

D'Antonio is being rumored as the replacement atm...

gotta put on espn radio & klac so i can here the latest form the source
yeah mike clown should have been canned after the end of last season

Storm Shadow

Veteran
A Rotoworld source indicates that Phil Jackson met with the Lakers at Staples Center last week.

Mike Brown has been relieved of his duties and Jackson's keynote speaker address at a Schwab conference has been canceled in Chicago for next week, pointing a lot of fingers at Jackson becoming the next coach of the Lakers. Jackson would have to come out of retirement and may ask for an arrangement limiting his travel, but the fact he reportedly met with the team last week is intriguing. Our guess is Phil Jackson will be the next coach of the Lakers. Stay tuned. Nov 10 - 7:53 AM

Laker Dynasty is about to get it cracken Again.... Just remember how insane Shaq became that first year Phil came to LA when they won.....oohhh weee Big Man Basketball is coming back to LA.... Triangle Offense my the Zen Master!!!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hope phil comes back
maybe a 2 year deal he coaches all regular season home games and sends rambis/shaw to handle reg season road games... $12m per year.
playoffs hes gotta be on the bench.

its the right thing to do.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HES COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

HES COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://nba.si.com/2012/11/10/phil-jackson-lakers-comeback-kobe-bryant/?sct=hp_t2_a2&eref=sihp

NBA legend Phil Jackson is reportedly close to rejoining the Los Angeles Lakers as coach, one day after the team fired Mike Brown following a 1-4 start to the 2012-13 season.

Multiple reports indicated Saturday that Jackson is in good health and is the Lakers’ top candidate — perhaps the only candidate who has been contacted — and that at least two former assistants could join him in Los Angeles.

uh oh
this aint gonna be your mike brown lakers....

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not impressed
D'antonio is nice guy and all....

Bummer.... May take a while to figure this out

It probably has to do w travel sched or team control im sure but....

Im not impressed

(Insert pic of makayla maroney please haha)

eastbeast

lol

last years mike brown..

no defense d'antoni..

well the start of this season has been interesting that's for sure