What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

afterthought MARS HYDRO GERMINATE/GROWS VEGGIE STARTS, TOO!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210405_134322624.jpg Views:	8 Size:	349.9 KB ID:	17825028 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210405_134322624.jpg Views:	8 Size:	349.9 KB ID:	17825028
Hello all,
I am over by 5.5 weeks procrastination in my mental calendar for starting variety of herbs, varieties of tomatoes and chile peppers indoors, under the TSW2000 MARS HYDRO. Growing those not in great abundance in the chile pepper capital/state of the world, for NM cuisine.

However, in my day-to-day routine, it will be advantageous of the slow beginnings of a garden indoors from April 5th (my bro's bday). I plan to transplant said seeds/plantlings/ seedlings around the 3 week in May, week of May 17, '21. In the past, I started early only to be plagued by infestation of squash bugs, etc. Plant too late, as in the case last year, not enough produce.

These will be grown in 5-10 gallon nursery buckets (recycled many a year), adding home made compost, earthworm, alfalfa meal, fish meal and slow release fertilizer.

8 different tomatoes: cherry, pear, yellow, orange, red, traditional medium sized tomatoes, heat, drought tolerant and a few different Italian paste tomatoes.
9 different chile peppers: jalapeño, Trident poblano, habanero, paprika, cayenne, serrano and other sweet Italian types.
Oregano, dill, licorice basil, lemon mint. The rest of the herbs I'll plant when warm....starting early May with cucumber, squash, etc.

Right now, garlic, chives, mint a few types in sunny/shade areas of back yard, 2nd pic.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210405_134322624.jpg Views:	8 Size:	349.9 KB ID:	17825028
We'll be 'camping' in our area for developing/reworking several autos and photos for further release to fruition, but not like in previous years.

First pic is a female Western box turtle,Crush (using Dory theme...Dory, Nemo 2 males, Crush the found female crossing a 2 lane highway several years ago) underneath straw bale condo. Crush made her appearance yesterday, on Easter, along with an egg in the leaves. After failure to launch last year, this egg and probably 1-2 others look different. Hoping for babies this year. Awesome creatures.

More to follow twice weekly to show growth spurt of vegetable/herb seeds under the MARS HYDRO.

Last edited:

Mary57

I'm looking forward to reading this too. My first successful indoor cannabis grow is only making me want to diversify. I've got baby pepper plants snuggled up in odd corners of the veg tent tonight and midget stupice tomatoes in bloom crashing in the kitchen with my two pampered but unintentionally giant autos. At least it's never boring being the only human in this strange family unit of multispecies symbiotic earthlings.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, curious to see how fast they THRIVE under MARS before transplanting! I was going to do side-by-side comparison between ESE sliding glass door to start them. By have ample light, these should really take off!! Yet, procrastination, mood (COVID home depression), I didn't get to it.

I think showing what this phenomenal light can do for starting garden goods will be a delight of the visual!!

Afterward, plan to do a medicinal run under the lights merely for TRANQUIL and our other AUTO CBD HEMP hybrid we created.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, curious to see how fast they THRIVE under MARS before transplanting! I was going to do side-by-side comparison between ESE direction sliding glass door to start them. By have ample light, these should really take off!! Yet, procrastination, mood (COVID home depression), I didn't get to it.

I think showing what this phenomenal light can do for starting garden goods will be a delight of the visual!!

Afterward, plan to do a medicinal run under the lights merely for TRANQUIL and our other AUTO CBD HEMP hybrid we created.

So, off to the tomato/chile pepper herb races!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Veggie starts 18:6 light regimen.
IMG_20210415_074214100_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210418_115716107_HDR.jpg

Things weren't happening until THURS. Here's then and now (Sunday). Growing similar to native tribes....3 in a cup, compost, manure sifted soil.
More to come. Will root out cups with nothing in them, replant. Some licorice basil seed preened last fall....very few seeds. Adds a zest to sauces, stews, etc..

Now they'll reach for the MARS light grab onto it like Jolly Green Giant. Well.....maybe not that adventurous, yeet with cold damp, windy weather outdoors (al fresco), they like their environment.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAPPY EARTH DAY!
3.5 weeks since MARS has lit up the chile peppers and tomato starts. Dill, oregano, too! Plan to transplant Early-Mid-May.

IMG_20210422_081427471.jpg
IMG_20210422_081432895.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20210429_102510981.jpg
Here's plants ready for transplant. The oregano has been shy coming up through the soil, as well as the licorice basil. Yet, hardy tomatoes and peppers are loving the MARS light!

Next under other LED's we've got several Thor's Hammer (NL, Neville's Wreck, Exodus Cheese and Ghost OG) peeping up. They will go under the light once veggie plants are put in the garden in a week or so. There's enough to share with area gardeners down our road.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems they cannot wait to be moved to big pots. :tongue:

Yes, indeed! They are almost ready to go outside. Plant to mid-May. We had several hail storms mixed with hard rain (a blessing) last few days. So going to give it a bit more MARS love....then plant out in 5 gallon buckets.

These are ones I transplanted into 16 oz. styro cups. Plan to share with others nearby, down the road. Last year, due to pandemic, ALL seedlings were difficult to find in nurseries, as were seeds sold in garden centers or online.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210429_102500828_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	324.1 KB ID:	17850148 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210505_073139085_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.1 KB ID:	17850147

THIS YEAR, we've got it made in the shade, thanks to MARS!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All my veggies loved the MARS HYDRO TSW2000! They have flown the coop, given to neighbors, friends and our garden! On to a continued grow THOR'S HAMMER auto. Under other LED's, moved over to MARS HYDRO LIGHT.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
How long is your growing season? I want to transplant stuff outside but it has been dripping rain, grey and cold for days now. I am wondering if the growing season here near Denver will be long enough?

Latest posts

Latest posts