Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

CrossBones

Whats the RH currently sitting at CB? Minimum I would shoot for is 40%. 50-60% would be wonderful. Whats the temps like during lights on/off? My plants are more turgid as temps go up to 85, but Id recommend around 77-80F.

I too understand not wanting to post pictures when my plants are struggling. You're not alone! :huggg: Im sure you'll get them back on track soon once you get the environment settled.

Hope so, I think testing out the 600 watter for 1200 total and the poor humidifier not keeping up was a bit too much... was seeing 2% RH outdoors and negative F's... need to re-route my intake for the hood/fan, don't need the filter sucking moisture right on up and out just yet, I'm sure RH was below 10% lights on.. gauge bottoms at 10% and it did sit there for a few days with RH in the 40's lights off..

Last week or so - highs and lows..

picture.php

Group Shot - Top Left BB Clone, Bottom Left GDP, Top Right DC2, Middle Right DC1, Bottom Right DC3. Getting Resuscitated

picture.php

Last edited:

Dave Coulier

Thanks for the update Bones. Nice to see the lil ones again. They're beginning to look better. I take it 59F was during lights off? Is that typical? If you can keep it at least 72F+ your plants will thank you. May be time to move a small heater in there too.

10%RH during lights on is....bad :). Have you tried the wet towel trick yet? With your small tent, it could be quite effective.

CrossBones

Thanks for the update Bones. Nice to see the lil ones again. They're beginning to look better. I take it 59F was during lights off? Is that typical? If you can keep it at least 72F+ your plants will thank you. May be time to move a small heater in there too.

10%RH during lights on is....bad :). Have you tried the wet towel trick yet? With your small tent, it could be quite effective.

Yes, 59F was the lowest temp they've seen, Had to leave for a few days and shut the space heater off in there, with the heater back on seems 63.9F lights off low.. Still Dialing in this new space. I did try the wet towel trick you mentioned when I had the HPS running, but didn't help that much, towel was crackling dry overnight, but it did buy a bit of time till the humidifier got here.. seems I got those numbers dead on now... now just have to raise the lights off low a bit, but, 72F may be a stretch for me to attain not owning a oil well, I don't trust running a space heater in the tent itself.. yet I may try it..

Last week or so, temps - rh ranges

picture.php

Group Shot

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Your RH% range this last week is a good place to be at. Glad you could get temps up some too. Ive considered getting a couple of heaters for my rooms during lights off, but I too dont own an oil well. Spring can't get here soon enough.

After looking at those plants, I get the feeling your mix may be too hot for them. I would strongly suggest you use the NCSU Pour Thru method and test the run-off if you have an ec/ppm pen. A suction lysimeter is a better method, but the Pour-Thru method works in a pinch.

CrossBones

Your RH% range this last week is a good place to be at. Glad you could get temps up some too. Ive considered getting a couple of heaters for my rooms during lights off, but I too dont own an oil well. Spring can't get here soon enough.

After looking at those plants, I get the feeling your mix may be too hot for them. I would strongly suggest you use the NCSU Pour Thru method and test the run-off if you have an ec/ppm pen. A suction lysimeter is a better method, but the Pour-Thru method works in a pinch.

I noticed the mix was a bit too hot as well, when I transplanted, I used 95 - 98% Pro Mix Bx and very very light on admedments. Decided to run the air circulator in the tent and temps are up to 80F and rh at 47% and plants do look more turgid tonight.. Thinking there back on track soon.. No ec/ppm pen, lysimeter, will read up on the pour thru method, when time allows.. Lately have been slammed busy, these poor little ones have been on auto-pilot.. And it shows... :nono:

Dave Coulier

Thanks for the update Crossbones. I can definitely see the improvement in turgidity. That will help out in getting them back on track. Looks like they've grown some too since last update, but growth will be stalled/stunted as long as fertility levels remain too high.

Im experiencing a similar problem with my latest batch of Durban P. Fan leaves are very dark green, leathery, and showing some leaf scorching. Ive reduced my feeds down to 50ppm, with some 0 ppm waterings thrown in and the new leaves are starting to come in more healthy, but still a ways to go before getting them all back on track. Hang in there, and we'll have things running smoothly for both of us. :)

CrossBones

Thanks for the update Crossbones. I can definitely see the improvement in turgidity. That will help out in getting them back on track. Looks like they've grown some too since last update, but growth will be stalled/stunted as long as fertility levels remain too high.

Im experiencing a similar problem with my latest batch of Durban P. Fan leaves are very dark green, leathery, and showing some leaf scorching. Ive reduced my feeds down to 50ppm, with some 0 ppm waterings thrown in and the new leaves are starting to come in more healthy, but still a ways to go before getting them all back on track. Hang in there, and we'll have things running smoothly for both of us. :)

Hope so, definitely showing improvement since last week.. getting anxious to flower em out... 8)

Dave Coulier

Hope so, definitely showing improvement since last week.. getting anxious to flower em out... 8)

Fight the urge to flower them until their back on track. Very High fertility levels in flowering bring a whole new slew of problems you dont want to deal with. Believe me..

CrossBones

:comfort:

DC1 --------------------------------------------------------

picture.php

picture.php

DC2 ------------------------------------------------------------

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts