What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African Strains

Montuno

...como el Son...
Cogollejo de King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei Highland; "feno" congoleño) de sobre el 20-Noviembre-2020 de mi penúltima cosecha de exterior (curándose en bote de vidrio hermético un año, aprox) :

Bud of King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei Highland; Congolese "feno") from around 20-November-2020 from my 2020 outdoor crop ( curing into an artighg glass jar during a year, aprox) :

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I bred together the green Ethiopan dominant phenotypes of Swazi x Ethiopian.

I smoke tested the male plant to get an idea what I was breeding with and was very positively surprised by it's potency. After one bowl I found myself pacing around the apartment with a mind full of ideas. The high lasted a good two hours too. I don't get this effect in most landrace buds let alone male plants. The smoke didn't have any of the typical cannabis smells to it. In fact it smelled almost like gunpowder.

I have a good feeling about these but let's see how the ladies turn out.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tested some bottom fan leaf of one of the four Congo Black plants. Very nice high and lasted a good while. No crash but a mellow feeling after the first part of the high. Hope the buds can produce LSD type effects. I got this in hopes of tripping out and while I did not trip out on what I smoked, the buds may deliver being a lot more potent. The high is sativa and nice for sure.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yucatan red '73.jpg

Great strain here. Congo Black from The Landrace Team. Not sure of the genetics as all the plants were the same in looks and I took them down in 55 days/9 hours lights on/ and could have taken them down in 45 days really. I would expect a strain from Africa to be long flowering and thin leaves. Leaves were medium and this is a racehorse for flower.

Might be Skunk for all I know. The taste and smell of the smoke is early 70's Mexican and the high is similar. Trippy with one pheno and the others less so but still somewhat. Pleasant effect after the initial trip feeling is over. Very euphoric smoke. Some of my happiest smoke really. All in the head no body to speak of. The Indica types give a body buzz that is euphoric but this is just a mood enhancer.

Tried to germinate 10 Ugandan seeds from TLT and no luck. They are sending me some replacement seeds but said it was just 5 seeds. I paid postage and told them why bother to send me only 5 seeds when 10 failed. No response. I will see how many seeds arrive but if they are from the same batch, I can not expect a happy ending.

At any rate, I went back in time to '73/74. Not the best of times for me, but the best in highs I ever had. Never equaled. Lots of low quality Mexican around then but still some great lines now and again. Gone by '76 or so and the Colombian invasion was going on by '75. '79 and all anyone wanted was sinse or redhair. California grown hybrid pot.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I bred together the green Ethiopan dominant phenotypes of Swazi x Ethiopian.

I smoke tested the male plant to get an idea what I was breeding with and was very positively surprised by it's potency. After one bowl I found myself pacing around the apartment with a mind full of ideas. The high lasted a good two hours too. I don't get this effect in most landrace buds let alone male plants. The smoke didn't have any of the typical cannabis smells to it. In fact it smelled almost like gunpowder.

I have a good feeling about these but let's see how the ladies turn out.
you say ethiopian dominant, but good potency and gunpowder smell sounds like swazi. sounds good anyway (y)

Montuno

...como el Son...
I have some Drakensburg Gold freebies from Malberry.
Wasn't expecting much out of them...

Have a friend who lived in Lesotho while in the Peace Corps so was a bit curious about them.

Have there been Peace Missions in Leshoto ? It doesn't ring any bells for me....
I remember follón in 2014, but not associated Mission of Peace....
Maybe I do not understand your message well (I am not English speaking)....

goingrey

Have there been Peace Missions in Leshoto ? It doesn't ring any bells for me....
I remember follón in 2014, but not associated Mission of Peace....
Maybe I do not understand your message well (I am not English speaking)....

US Peace Corps is a civilian volunteer organization that is involved in health, agriculture, and education efforts. It is different from UN Peacekeeping who are professional soldiers.

midwest

Well...after researching Malberry it seems the consensus is that these seeds are likely just random bagseed from Africa and don't necessarily have anything to do with the Drakensburg mountains.

Too bad because it's an interesting locale. Not many cold weather highland areas in Africa. I'm curious what the weed is like there.
Showed my friend some Durban that I had and she said it didn't remind her of the smell of their local weed at all