What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Select ?

Ahahah sometimes the toughest ones don't seem so tough at first but ...:jawdrop:
Glad to hear that! I like it.

Did you by any chance try the 'Chimtal' from Afghan selection too?

Peace

I did not, only the Baharak, I want to pick up the Khash variety next. We will see though.. my seed collection is too large at this point and I don't have the ability to use all the seeds as frequently as I will need to to use them over the next year's hahahahaha.

Working on making some great hybrids with top notch landrace sativa's and afghani varieties.

M

Maquiypa

I did not, only the Baharak, I want to pick up the Khash variety next. We will see though.. my seed collection is too large at this point and I don't have the ability to use all the seeds as frequently as I will need to to use them over the next year's hahahahaha.

Working on making some great hybrids with top notch landrace sativa's and afghani varieties.

Oh okay,

Last edited:
Balkh from Afghan selection the keeper pheno. Smells very skunky burnt rubber with gassy tones.

Attachments

• DAEE6040-3A25-4C0A-830E-A82A23D5DB6F.jpg
    DAEE6040-3A25-4C0A-830E-A82A23D5DB6F.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BC5272C2-E11D-479D-A0F3-4700750BD3E5.jpg
    BC5272C2-E11D-479D-A0F3-4700750BD3E5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 114
  • 0882A55B-D41F-4F67-9C48-0168EF500CA7.jpg
    0882A55B-D41F-4F67-9C48-0168EF500CA7.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 17ACF02B-7264-47ED-BC0A-B911ABC81A86.jpg
    17ACF02B-7264-47ED-BC0A-B911ABC81A86.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 118
  • 9F15D96D-138D-4834-86EE-573FD55224DE.jpg
    9F15D96D-138D-4834-86EE-573FD55224DE.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 111
I grew out Balkhi this past summer . After a good 6 week cure in a C- Vault I'm getting strong gas smells . The smoke is up and stony at the same time . Nice flavor, tastes like it smells

The gass smells are strong with this strain. The pheno i have effect wise is very sedative with a happy head high would only recommend smoking at the end of day type of effect. Which got stronger after cure.

I hit the balkh with a nice Maple leaf indica male my theory is hopefully find a variety of Afghan traits since the MLI is from Ortega supposedly. and one is Landrace Afghan and the other is a worked selected Afghan line. i will post pics when they get bigger.

therevverend

Veteran
I've got this Kushkak at four weeks flower. Not much smell at the moment but a stem rub stinks of tangerines. Sowed two seeds both up in 36 hours, one turned out to be male.

Just planted a few of these yesterday, for outdoors. Looked around to see if anyone grew her out and dug up this thread. I like the looks of her at 5 weeks. How'd she finish Rudy? I had a male Sholgar a couple years ago. Wanted to breed with him but killed him due to male neglect. Bummed me out because he had a fantastic tangerine peel smell. Very strong and aromatic. Stem rubs don't always tell you what the finished flower is going to taste like but it's a good gage of terp potency.

Looking at the outcome of the Afghan Selection strains the Baharak might be the best of the best. I've seen fantastice grows of the other varieties but the Baharak is indistinguishable from other top shelf ganja. Whoever has seeds of that one stashed away is stoked. Well, anyone with any of these seeds stashed away is stoked. Afghanistan has changed, there's still plenty of grows and seeds available, but I'm thinking it may be difficult to get such a wide variety of strains from different regions.

Just looked at Baaba's page on instagram, he's doing great. Still hanging out at the Chillum House in Balkh smoking the best hashish. No shortage of seeds from the region either, ILE, The Real, and quite a few others have all sorts of stuff. It's a golden age of Afghani landrace strains.

p59teitel

Just planted a few of these yesterday, for outdoors. Looked around to see if anyone grew her out and dug up this thread. I like the looks of her at 5 weeks. How'd she finish Rudy? I had a male Sholgar a couple years ago. Wanted to breed with him but killed him due to male neglect. Bummed me out because he had a fantastic tangerine peel smell. Very strong and aromatic. Stem rubs don't always tell you what the finished flower is going to taste like but it's a good gage of terp potency.

Looking at the outcome of the Afghan Selection strains the Baharak might be the best of the best. I've seen fantastice grows of the other varieties but the Baharak is indistinguishable from other top shelf ganja. Whoever has seeds of that one stashed away is stoked. Well, anyone with any of these seeds stashed away is stoked. Afghanistan has changed, there's still plenty of grows and seeds available, but I'm thinking it may be difficult to get such a wide variety of strains from different regions.

Just looked at Baaba's page on instagram, he's doing great. Still hanging out at the Chillum House in Balkh smoking the best hashish. No shortage of seeds from the region either, ILE, The Real, and quite a few others have all sorts of stuff. It's a golden age of Afghani landrace strains.
Agree it’s a golden age for Afghan strains - The Real Seed Co has new Panjshir, Nangarhar and Helmand seeds from last year’s crops. They also have new Pakistani strains from Hopar and Hunza Valley from the Karakoram range, and their primary collector is talking up other Pak strains from Naran (Karakoram) and Yasin (Hindu Kush) on his IG.

Kinda wish I’d gotten the Baharak too along with Baaba’s Mazar, Sholgar, Rustam Kush, Tashqurghan and Rabat. So many strains…I’d love to grow them all!