What's new

Advice wanted on feeding plan and bush/guerilla friendly nutrients.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mine get bunny shit tea, and there's plenty of everything in there. Wondered why people said it's a pesticide when used as a foliar. Now I know why. It's often easy for a foliar of it to stimulate full and healthy brix levels, making protein production increases possible.

Great health and a bonus of no more bugs. :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Nice grow Chunky. Are these clones or seeded plants you have growing? Also, are they regular plants or feminized? Man, they look really good. You must be up where it's nice and cool because of everything looks so pretty green. 😎

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Nice grow Chunky. Are these clones or seeded plants you have growing? Also, are they regular plants or feminized? Man, they look really good. You must be up where it's nice and cool because of everything looks so pretty green. 😎

both seeds and clones, 35 different strains of clones and 50-ish seed starts, mostly fem seeds this year. low 90's here many days this season so far, not as cool as I'd like.

DSC_0390.JPG

seed starts 2022 1.JPG

seed starts 2022 3.JPG

laszlokovacs

Yeah thats a sick grow chunky! Very visually appealing with the lush rows and uniformity!

My plants are growing- been busy working recently and haven't visited- this picture is about 8 days ago. Only a couple pages into a slownickel megathread but I'll finish it up in the next few days when I have more time to comb through it properly. Two of the smaller plants were popped about 3 weeks after the others.
IMG_4156.JPG

Already added a few lbs of lime (at least 5) to the ground/around plants a couple weeks ago. The plants have been topdressed with a total of about 2-3 pounds each of blood meal, bone meal, jobes tomato feed, and espoma garden-tone (12-0-0, 7-7-0, 2-5-3, 3-4-4 npk respectively) across 11 of the plants. Sprinkled about a 3 gallon bucket of wood ash on the soil around plants. Depending on the actual amount used between .48-.72lbs actual N, .32-.48lbs actual P, .14-.21 lbs actual K minimum added to the soil (I think). I have fed a couple times since transplant using Miracle-gro all purpose and twice in the past month using neptunes harvest fish and fish&seaweed fertilizers as well. I have a 4lb bag of foxfarm cavern culture 1-12-0 guano i will add once flowering starts as well probably by first half of august. I cant find out how much calcium is in the Jobe's but it contains bone meal as well as other ingredients, similarly I have no way of knowing how much calcium was in the wood ash but for the other amendments a minumum of .24-.36lbs of actual Ca have been added around the rootzones.

I think I will have to invest in a tiller for next year- the soil here is rather compacted/dense at times as you picked up on. I have been interpreting these results as needing to focus on phosphorous- as you note potassium is a bit low I will need to pivot to focusing on adding potassium especially as flower starts up soon.

Not in mass but nearby in sour country, I will def shoot you a DM in a bit to discuss in more detail I really appreciate all your help interpreting these results.

Looks like some dope seed pops you got this year- I've always loved SFV and is that a 91 SKVA S1 i spot in the corner?

laszlokovacs

Thanks @farmerlion -checked out the first few pages of your thread, lot to process but will read it all eventually. Already very helpful, didn't want to defoliate anyways and I'm glad I read it is essentially nonsense for outdoor growing.

I will have a ton of waste/excess fruits and veg I can use to feed the soil/plants-Hoping to utilize your method of feeding directly as I would have added everything to the compost pile otherwise.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks @farmerlion -checked out the first few pages of your thread, lot to process but will read it all eventually. Already very helpful, didn't want to defoliate anyways and I'm glad I read it is essentially nonsense for outdoor growing.

I will have a ton of waste/excess fruits and veg I can use to feed the soil/plants-Hoping to utilize your method of feeding directly as I would have added everything to the compost pile otherwise.
Woo-hoo brother 🙌, your post is music to my ears! I'm so happy for you, please study all the condensed pages. I know it's a lot to take in, but once you get and understand how it all ties together. It really is a stupid easy system that runs itself. Good bye fertilizers, hormone boosters, insecticides and trying to balance Ph. No more defoliating, lollipopping or other stoner science gimmicks.

You will truly have your best grows ever with much less effort. You get to let your pride take a back seat and let nature do what it does way better than we ever will, if we're being honest with ourselves.
Peace farmerlion